• No

Votes: 38 45.8%
  • Don't care.

Votes: 6 7.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tehmudjin

I disagree that we should have even more penalties for reds. It just makes the game a pain in the ass for PVPers. Passive MC burning isnt really a good option either since its basicaly the same thing as just shortening the MC timer.

I can understand that coming from western culture you see killing people and taking their stuff as a crime that requires a punishment. But why should we have penalties just becouse its an MMO? You dont suggest players having to spend 8 hours afk per kill in counterstrike, do you? Of course not, cuz that would make the game boring as hell, and MO is no different.
Do you know how annoying it is to die on your fatmage if you dont have a keep priest? Stating back up takes fukkn forever. And you need to do it activly or at least with macros so you cant even play another game while doing it.

No game should have intended penalties. Its just blues wanting revenge.

eldrath

I disagree that we should have even more penalties for reds. It just makes the game a pain in the ass for PVPers. Passive MC burning isnt really a good option either since its basicaly the same thing as just shortening the MC timer.

I can understand that coming from western culture you see killing people and taking their stuff as a crime that requires a punishment. But why should we have penalties just becouse its an MMO? You dont suggest players having to spend 8 hours afk per kill in counterstrike, do you? Of course not, cuz that would make the game boring as hell, and MO is no different.
Do you know how annoying it is to die on your fatmage if you dont have a keep priest? Stating back up takes fukkn forever. And you need to do it activly or at least with macros so you cant even play another game while doing it.

No game should have intended penalties. Its just blues wanting revenge.
Well I only brushed over the penalties to be honest. CS is whole other game dude, it`s a competive team deathmatch(with some weird bombs). Oh and counterquestion(trololol): Have you played on a conquestmap in BF without any spawntimer? It sucks balls because your death has zero consequences so everybody rushes around like maniac.

There are peps like me who want MO to become more an RPG than a deathmatch and the downtime you have after you get killed accomplishes that. There needs to be consequences for your actions, otherwise EVERY other playstyle is fucked over by people who just want to kill.

A player who wants to kill peaceful characters to take their stuff or just to have fun disrupts their playtime and there have to be consequences. Not for the sake of justice but to balance the game. All those hardcore PKs screaming for less penalties (which a faster MC burning would do) are in truth carebears who want it easy. Guess what, no playstyle should be easy and since a peaceful player cannot defend himself there needs to be system to prevent abusing his playstyle.

It`s been awhile since I was red the last time, but for a fighter punching with a few guys should do the trick? I see the problem with a fatmage.

I see how you will not agree with me, but maybe you could come on board with penalties that require a more active approach? For example etherworld mobs that hunt reds.

The problem here is that there are actually two systems discussed:

1. How to become blue after going red.

2. How to penalize a red player.

-> 1. It should take time and/or work to get your status back otherwise you can scrap the flagging system all together.

-> 2. Most important is the social penalty aka not being able to go into cities. A guild who actively pursues an out-of-town approach is able to compensate for that.

Second is the statloss which is just a bad mechanic, since it`s static and unimaginative. There are dozens of threads contemplating on how to change that, but SV seems to be confident with what they got...

Tehmudjin

Thing is PVPers will NEVER stop killing people. You are basicaly saying "Lets make this game so fukkn boring for PVPers so they wont attack blues". Harsh penalties will not lead to PVPers joining forsaken and pressing flowers all day, they will just quit the game.

You need to think of a better way to balance playstyles then more punishments and penalties.

Mauzi

Status King
You need to think of a better way to balance playstyles then more punishments and penalties.
So what ya say then to my proposal of another "limited war" option that works outside of guarded areas only ?

AidanKyros

I say what needs to be done are these changes: (Although don't do it till they are 100% done!)

-Towns being able to properly be controlled by guilds such as the suggestions in the thread regarding townsthat was made recently.

-Outside of the effective town range (i mean no where near towns) no murder counts should be given. (what guards are going to be able to record this?)

-I would like each town to have it's own counts on murder although it is not necessary.

-I do not know much about Wardec but i would think more risk to the losing/surrendered side such to warrant guilds to not want to surrender or lose. (Is there a way to forcefully make them lose?)

If these things were fixed or added (you do not even need them all) the flagging and overall danger to safety as well as PvP fun would be so much better.

Tehmudjin

So what ya say then to my proposal of another "limited war" option that works outside of guarded areas only ?
THen they will just kick their blue chars from the guild in case of wardec.

Mauzi

Status King
THen they will just kick their blue chars from the guild in case of wardec.
That's how all the guild and war system works anyways though. Can't really prevent such, as long as war is bound to guilds.

Yet, my proposal for sure allows those blues who like to PvP to no longer put up their excuse of wanting to be safe intown. Which might already help alot - provided that there's no abuses in regards to unrightfully leaving an enforced guild war.

Teroh

Their should be no penalty for being red. It should just be a warning that someone is potentially aggressive.

Criminal acts committed inside town limits should still require a guard response but to not allow a red to go into say MK for killing 5 ppl in the jungle with no one around is silly.

AidanKyros

Their should be no penalty for being red. It should just be a warning that someone is potentially aggressive.

Criminal acts committed inside town limits should still require a guard response but to not allow a red to go into say MK for killing 5 ppl in the jungle with no one around is silly.
true enough its annoying as fuck already that i cannot respawn at any priest without statloss..

eldrath

Seems there`s the egocentrical arguments all over again...

true enough its annoying as fuck already that i cannot respawn at any priest without statloss..
WoW it sucks that you have to have a few buddy hit you for some time... Don`t mind that the players you killed probably had to do something too to get back the stuff you took.

But of course every red ingame just kills griefers and enemies in keep sieges. :rolleyes:

AidanKyros

Seems there`s the egocentrical arguments all over again...

WoW it sucks that you have to have a few buddy hit you for some time... Don`t mind that the players you killed probably had to do something too to get back the stuff you took.

But of course every red ingame just kills griefers and enemies in keep sieges. :rolleyes:
And when i die i do not lose any thing nor do i have to go all the way back to regear in a red zone from who knows where, i also have to go to a red priest to avoid statloss.
Ff i do not have a guild i will most likely lose stats where as i have to spend time to restat then regear and eventually when i am done doing all that i have to somehow get these equipment and weapons. (which i mostly provide for my self)

so lets take it into count what i do:
i mine shit extract it (maybe i die to other RPK)
i give it to my buddy when he is online (who knows when) so he can craft me stuff
i then logg onto my fighter stat up from the death
i then regear.
i go out PvPing or ganking. (not always very succesful because i am not always n a group or the very best at PvP)
i eventually die. (did i bank the loot i got before i died?)
repeat at mining when i run out of gear.

I just cannot see "two reasons" in the above at all but only general tries to allow you killing randoms without going red:
  1. Why would you want to declare war on an RPK guild ? Those combat members are red anyways - else it's not a true RPK guild. The only thing I see that's sort of wrong is that people can just guild their combat characters while leaving their crafties unguilded 'cause they fear to lose stuff while being helpless.
  2. In regards to griefers it is obviously a problem in other gaming areas but not the murdercount system. You can't fight one silly system (the griefing issues) by changing another okay-working system (bugs aside) into being as silly - instead we'd need a proper solution to the original problem.
The problem at hand is that allowing people to remain blue for "a fee" (whatever means were discussed) while killing randoms will make the ones requesting this to be about as bad as the griefers that they try to fight: Killing randomly and at their decision without any real consequences to fear. The worst part is that the original griefers you try to "handle" with this means can use these exact means aswell to cause even more grief, in the end leading to much more griefing that we have now.

You'd be surprised at how many are blue. We constantly go into fight guilds like IX and find a lot of blues within their group. My point is the flag system is shit because it does not properly portray who is criminal and who is not. I know a lot of good reds that are only red because they dedicate themselves to killing any old thief or griefer who goes grey and turns blue all the time. At that same time I know a lot of blues who abuse their flag in cities and etc (blue blocking and griefing).

The more and more I think of it, this game could do without flags. I would much rather be for temporary criminal status than for a 8 hour per murdercount flagging system. By temporary I mean you are flagged for a period of time as a whole despite the amount of murders you've racked up... this way the abuse stops and those who PK still are flagged and can't run into town. I will also add that stat loss should affect anyone who has killed a certain amount of players to still give incentives not to be a total douchebag.

eldrath

Another thing that bugs me out about these discussion is:

There are two red towns in game, but only two guilds in recent history had the balls of using them. I mean you got everything you need there, except for guards and some vendors you can easily access through blue alts. Now why is that?

Tehmudjin

Another thing that bugs me out about these discussion is:

There are two red towns in game, but only two guilds in recent history had the balls of using them. I mean you got everything you need there, except for guards and some vendors you can easily access through blue alts. Now why is that?
Kranesh is not a good town to gather and process reasources. I dont think envy produced their mats in there, there are much better options.
You can live fully out of GK is you have enough active players for protection when gathering, crafting etc. Biggest problem is that you gotta run so far to get anywhere.

AidanKyros

Kranesh is not a good town to gather and process reasources. I dont think envy produced their mats in there, there are much better options.
You can live fully out of GK is you have enough active players for protection when gathering, crafting etc. Biggest problem is that you gotta run so far to get anywhere.
I kind of like kranesh, tons of granum small town and there is calx nearby. If your mass crushing granum i think it would be a nice place to do it if you had protection.

eldrath

I give you the last point. It would be interesting to see what would happen if the red flag was account wide. ;)

AidanKyros

I give you the last point. It would be interesting to see what would happen if the red flag was account wide. ;)
With that i would want global banks for easier access to resources and etc....

AidanKyros

Global as in one localized bank for all chars or global as in one bank to rule them all?
What i mean is if we did your idea which i would never want, then it would be a must imo for each bank in each town to be connected to each character you have.

But seriously leave it the way it is...

eldrath

What i mean is if we did your idea which i would never want, then it would be a must imo for each bank in each town to be connected to each character you have.

But seriously leave it the way it is...
Na, It was just some "weird" idea. Of course it WOULD increase the consequences of your actions. But it will never happen, no worries. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.