Patch discussion

good patch.... except 5 minutes into the game the psy reduced magic damage is not working: taking 31-44 damage from ratzar hunter against 55 psy char, same as before

also, (bow) weakspots are broken

please fix the fix @Sebastian Persson @Herius @LGM Discord

Last edited:
good patch.... except 5 minutes into the game the psy reduced magic damage is not working: taking 31-44 damage from ratzar hunter against 55 psy char, same as before
acid attacks != magic

-barcode

Not in this patch no. But we have things in the works.
what would be your response to the fact that after this change a long sauroter tindremic messing sledgehammer seems to be perfectly MC viable with just a flawed weaponhilt ?

Dalacor

what would be your response to the fact that after this change a long sauroter tindremic messing sledgehammer seems to be perfectly MC viable with just a flawed weaponhilt ?
Mine would be "Jinkies" they made MC ever more OP.

Am glad to see a patch and some of the stuff is good. But I have 0 interest in returning until MC cant swing a weapon stronger than the old spw handle double axes. I dont care if mounted are "op" or not or if I'm supposed to be able to "eq death hand op mounted counter" neither are fun and I have no interest in trying to aids on the mounted before I get 2 shot. And to top it off mounted are amazing at zerging so as the pop goes up the zergs will get bigger and it will be like after release where you would see 1 guy and within minutes theres 7+ max gear mounted before you can even make it to the closest hill. And if mounted isnt nerfed before next launch expect a lot of nubs getting slaughtered outside town entrances to them just camping because its by far the best way to slaughter nubs.

And people having inspect wont make taming viable. A few more people might find exceptional max deserts but not enough. Bred are just too good. To make bred less good a good fix could be making size/weight only give mitigation and have no effect on speed or stam drain. Then bred would be extra tank but would go tamed speed so it would be fair. They would still be better but not infinitely better.

Last edited:
@Herius solid patch. Doesn't break anything and sets up future changes, well done.

Love the pitch reset fix. Love the AI Psyche change.

I don't know how the bushes changes will play out, perhaps we can get some nod from you guys that if it doesn't work out well it can be reverted. Bushes provide a lot of good tactical gameplay in areas that are wide open and hostile to foot forces.

Something to consider with blacklisting, which I support because TC should be meaningful and enforcing laws is a part of that. At the same time, the game increasingly favors very large wealthy TC guilds. That's ok, organization, power and wealth should matter, Yet it's vital to understand Individuals targeted by these groups have fewer and fewer paths of recourse. We don't have ladders, large guilds do not have sufficient vulnerabilities to individuals or small groups, walls are extremely effective and costly. I think it's important to view the game from the individuals perspective and understand just how much power the mechanics you guys are creating provide a group of people over others, with no downside or increased vulnerability. An empire ruling over a population that resists and rejects the leadership should be rare, in MO, it is the rule.That's an unrealistic and un-fun imbalance that won't help this game grow.
Individuals and small groups need affordable means of fighting back and disrupting the growth of large guilds. The vulnerabilities to towers is good, but if individuals and small groups can't disrupt, say, the Tephra mining operation of a large guild, there is no meaningful resistance.

Mounted strength requirement is a very good change. It may increase viable weapons by a couple, but as is well understood, without changing the dismount system, a heavy blunt weapon will always be the meta. Would be nice to get to a place where swords, lances, spears, axes, clubs, are all used to kill each other while mounted instead of a gear/skill/equipment race to dismount each other.

Well done and welcomed surprise patch!

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
Played this game since 2015 march.
I think its time to quit game for me
Sv dont listen what ppl saying and just do what they want to do
So there is no point to pay 14$ per month .
Good luck guys with ear/eye closed dev
Sorry, can't understand this reaction,. it's just a bug fix patch. Wait for the next larger content patch!

Anyway, patch seems fine for me.

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
New bug: Logging our crashes the software. Happened to me guild mates and also some guys in help chat wrote about the problem.

Awe I saw nothing about them fixing blackwood owner chest or being able to sit in chairs again :(

Current bugs
1. Weakspot on bows doesn't work properly
2. Attempting to log out will crash your client
3. New Inventory + Char Sheet keybind doesn't work
4. Attempting to sort by cost/categories in a trade broker too quickly will result in an "Loading Items" Screen that can be fixed by reopening the broker (sometimes)

Last edited:

Teknique

Am glad to see a patch and some of the stuff is good. But I have 0 interest in returning until MC cant swing a weapon stronger than the old spw handle double axes. I dont care if mounted are "op" or not or if I'm supposed to be able to "eq death hand op mounted counter" neither are fun and I have no interest in trying to aids on the mounted before I get 2 shot. And to top it off mounted are amazing at zerging so as the pop goes up the zergs will get bigger and it will be like after release where you would see 1 guy and within minutes theres 7+ max gear mounted before you can even make it to the closest hill. And if mounted isnt nerfed before next launch expect a lot of nubs getting slaughtered outside town entrances to them just camping because its by far the best way to slaughter nubs.

And people having inspect wont make taming viable. A few more people might find exceptional max deserts but not enough. Bred are just too good. To make bred less good a good fix could be making size/weight only give mitigation and have no effect on speed or stam drain. Then bred would be extra tank but would go tamed speed so it would be fair. They would still be better but not infinitely better.
If i'm not mistake the sledge managed to survive a nerf again. Tm single kall axe (old meta) is 6.85 weight but doesn't have enough dmg to dismount unehanced. The sledges with the weapon hilts aren't more than 6.2

119/8=6.61

blows my mind truly

Played this game since 2015 march.
I think its time to quit game for me
Sv dont listen what ppl saying and just do what they want to do
So there is no point to pay 14$ per month .
Good luck guys with ear/eye closed dev
Youre right. Everybody knows that games are way better if the developers just constantly implements everything someone writes on a forum.

I read the patch and think. Almost everything is irrelevant or makes the game worse. Why is my game blurry all the time now? Why do I crash when I log out? Why is the game getting worse every patch? Is it an experiment to see how long people will still play the game that SV is intentionally trying to make as bad as possible?