Patch Notes 1.73.02.22 - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
Thread starter #3

Dsn

Honored Member
hmm edit function doesnt seem to work for me....
Y
you can no longer abandon pets that are attacking.
Added support for a new item: Dice. Dice can be right-clicked and will then give a message to players around you on what you rolled.
guess there will be less dog nukeing from now

Veradey

Poor guys that abused pets by abandoning them after attacking. Good fix.

humble01

Can you expand on this image and node line avatar?

Thread starter #8

Dsn

Honored Member

Gilder

Hmm
Thats an Interesting Way to Stop Macro Fishing.
And quite nice on Top ^^
I like it ^^

Its also nice to have some Crafting Animations as well as some Bugfixes.

The worst Problem of RPKs Sealclubbing Noobs not having any Risks in their Actions remains unresolved tough....

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
Can you expand on this image and node line avatar?

The server is seperated into nodes.
Each node is it's own exe. When a player changes node he will be sent to a new exe.
This limits us a little bit because it means you can ONLY see things that are on the same node as you.

To fix this, mainly for TS rebuild, I have built a system where we can flag things as cross-node. Cross-node avatars can be seen not only if they are on your node, but also if they are on a neighboring node.
They are sent as a tiny package and a placeholder version of the entity is created on your client. If you client gets the "real" version the cross-node will go away and be replaced by the real thing.

This means you can see cross-node avatars from very far away.

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
If it is something that should stop afk fishing how can someone that isnt afk fishing do about it for instance snapping turtles.

They are not supposed to be directly dangerous anyone should be able to defend themselves against it, unless they just stand still.

Gilder

The server is seperated into nodes.
Each node is it's own exe. When a player changes node he will be sent to a new exe.
This limits us a little bit because it means you can ONLY see things that are on the same node as you.

To fix this, mainly for TS rebuild, I have built a system where we can flag things as cross-node. Cross-node avatars can be seen not only if they are on your node, but also if they are on a neighboring node.
They are sent as a tiny package and a placeholder version of the entity is created on your client. If you client gets the "real" version the cross-node will go away and be replaced by the real thing.

This means you can see cross-node avatars from very far away.
Oh thats also an nice Fix.
Whats the Trigger for someone to Become Crossnode ? :)
Is anyone near an Node being Flagged Crossnode ?
Or is it just when someone from another Node is already Targeting that Person ?

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
Very nice. This does not correct the "laggy" or strange combat occurances when fighting at node lines though, correct?
It does not, it stops people running over a node and a house or something spawning on top of their head because it's just around the nodeline.

Thread starter #16

Dsn

Honored Member
They are not supposed to be directly dangerous anyone should be able to defend themselves against it, unless they just stand still.
last i remember things like snapping turtles can kill you in 2 or 3 hits without armor same goes for a lot of other animals unless they are spawned at lvl 10 or lower.

so i do hope you tested it.

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
Oh thats also an nice Fix.
Whats the Trigger for someone to Become Crossnode ? :)
Is anyone near an Node being Flagged Crossnode ?
Or is it just when someone from another Node is already Targeting that Person ?

Players are NOT crossnode.
We flag other things, mainly buildings as cross-node.

Players can be seen cross-node already but not as far as cross-node buildings.
Because around every side of a node there's something called a ghost-zone. When a player is in a GhostZone he will be on BOTH .exe nodes.

So this feature is built for building type of things.

Gilder

It does not, it stops people running over a node and a house or something spawning on top of their head because it's just around the nodeline.
That again might not be as favorable.
Why not make it so that Players are Triggering an Crossnode Flag when sighting an Node Themself ?

Also mind answering me on that other Question.

Are there Any Plans to Involve some Risk for RPKs or will it always stay like currently where RPKs dont have any Risks aside from losing some Cheap Trash EQ ?

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
That again might not be as favorable.
Why not make it so that Players are Triggering an Crossnode Flag when sighting an Node Themself ?

Also mind answering me on that other Question.

Are there Any Plans to Involve some Risk for RPKs or will it always stay like currently where RPKs dont have any Risks aside from losing some Cheap Trash EQ ?

Cross-node avatars can not move.
I can't say anything about the other question. You should try Henrik for that one.

Gilder

Lol also cant edit my Post.
Scratch the part about the Crossnode then
If theres already this Ghostzone thing then I havnt said anything on that part.

Remains the Question about the RPK Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.