Patch Notes 1.82.00.34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
New Patch:
Patch Notes 1.82.00.34

Is autohotkey counted as hacking software?

gotcher

I would still like a list of hacking software, since you can automatically (!) get perma banned

I think it's commonly known hacking software like Cheat Engine.

realnaste

Honored Member
I wonder if there are chances for false positives similar to what can be observed in antivirus software.

Dennis131

I would still like a list of hacking software, since you can automatically (!) get perma banned

Don't think they'll put out a list showing software that is compatible with the game and would allow you to hack it. But that's just me.

At least they should warn or alert or something. I got tons of tools on my system and I use them to debug softwares (I'm a software developer). And now I don't know which one is "counted" as a hacking software... Is network sniffers hacking softwares? Is memory readers/writers hacking softwares? Can't you just turn the mortal online down the moment you find out that an user is using those kind of software and give some warning message? Now I have to be extra extra cautious because I play mortal online while *compiling*... And the moment I make a mistake? BAAAM.

GM Galenus

Senior Game Master
Staff member
At least they should warn or alert or something. I got tons of tools on my system and I use them to debug softwares (I'm a software developer). And now I don't know which one is "counted" as a hacking software... Is network sniffers hacking softwares? Is memory readers/writers hacking softwares? Can't you just turn the mortal online down the moment you find out that an user is using those kind of software and give some warning message? Now I have to be extra extra cautious because I play mortal online while *compiling*... And the moment I make a mistake? BAAAM.

You would already have been getting several game errors with client closings well before this, if this were the case. Nothing has changed with this detection other than how it's handled.

Pantero

I've been waiting for a warhammer buff for quite some time. This is fantastic news!

Also, I am pleased to hear they buffed the ban hammer as well for dirty cheaters.

Pantero

it doesn't matter which is the primary really. I wish they would make maul heads smaller, and warhammer heads a little bjt bigger though.

gotcher

it doesn't matter which is the primary really. I wish they would make maul heads smaller, and warhammer heads a little bjt bigger though.
it does matter, because flanged maces are meta, and some people might get that primary, while mauls and warhammers are not used at all, so i don't see people invensting in them

Pantero

But you need the primary to get flanged maces anyway because blunt heads is a parent of spiked heads. That was my point. You need one primary either way, and one primary gets you all of them.

Spiked heads also do more than one damage type whereas blunt ones don't. So it makes more sense that spiked is a child skill of the primary.

gotcher

But you need the primary to get flanged maces anyway because blunt heads is a parent of spiked heads. That was my point. You need one primary either way, and one primary gets you all of them.

Spiked heads also do more than one damage type whereas blunt ones don't. So it makes more sense that spiked is a child skill of the primary.
nah, for the warhammer you need one more primary, thats the point

Pantero

Yeah, and with that primary you can take the secondary for free to make flangeds. I don't see the confusing part of it.

gotcher

Yeah, and with that primary you can take the secondary for free to make flangeds. I don't see the confusing part of it.
logged on to my weaponcrafter, and you are right
WTF is "blunt head crafting" primary then?

nasko

thats one shitty cheat detection system if it works like you make it sound, as some games allow usage of 3rd party tools.

so will I get banned if I use a program, which in theory is a maphack, for guildwars1. Even tho its supported by their developers?

Status
Not open for further replies.