Patch Notes 1.87.06.05 Discussion

Thread starter #1
Source: https://steamcommunity.com/games/287920/announcements/detail/1703936520885438218

Patch Notes 1.87.06.05
9 AUGUST - FARMERJOE

Added:
  • Added the new fishes to Taxidermy.
  • Added a new type of semi rare wild life creature.
  • Added the new wild life creature to Taxidermy.
  • Added some Old Chest and Chest keys to humanoid Ai loot tables.
  • Added better support for handles stamina modifications.
  • Added support for allied TS NPCs, these can be used by same guild or allied.
  • Added new Allied Priest TS NPC deed to vendor.
  • Added new Allied Bank TS NPC deed to vendor.
Changes:
  • Lowered the Demon Portal Blocker HP by 50%
  • Increased the amount of ore you can mine from the the Demorite Rock before its depleted.
  • Decreased the stamina drain on 1h handles by 25%
  • You can no longer eat building scraps.
  • Lowered the base strength requirement of Shortbows by 10
  • Moved the Morin Khur Spiritist and Demonolog traders to outside the West Gate, so their item prices wont get messed up by Town Taxes.
  • You no longer sink in water with above 10 weight, instead you sink when you are above your free weight.
  • Mounted players mounts now take a lot more fall damage.
  • Horse size is now clamped to 285 which was intended to be the max value.
  • Resistance swimming now reduces the stamina drain from 0-75% when swimming.
  • Knockdown timer increased for characters that are; fat +1 sec, bulging +1.5 sec and obese +2 seconds.
  • Changed the calculation for how max armor weight impacts stamina penalty, you now get 0.25 kg threshold increase on each 1kg max armor weight you have above 14kg
    e.g If your max armor weight is 22, the threshold for when the stamina penalty starts will be at 16kg instead of 14kg
  • Changed the equipment hit calculation, it now takes the shields defense values instead of a set number when calculating equipment hits.
Fixes:
  • Fixed some level streaming issues in Tindrem.
  • Fixed NPC placement slots on mirrored TC walls.
  • Fixed Thursar Warriors holding axes the wrong way.
  • Removed a config options that was being abused to remove water visually on the client.
  • Fixed issue with shields that made them all have 10% piercing damage when crafted.
  • Canvas and books now work again.
  • Fixed issue with Fire protector that made the spell not move to another spell book.
  • Glacier shard can no longer hit a target twice.
  • Fall damage while mounted no longer takes into account the players skill in landing technique.
  • Fixed bug where you wouldn't drop what you where eating when dying.

Some good pvp balances in here ... let’s hope they can push a steam re release after a few more nice patches like this .

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
Yeah, finally the alliance banker and priest!

Izlife

Hand of the Emperor
The mount fall damage gotta change, its WAY too much

BEST PATCH IN AGES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although handles change shouldnt count daggers they were already good. Now daggers will still be best 1h wep. @Herius . If it doesnt effect daggers then they will still be good because they were before. But under used 1h swords and stuff got a buff so they will be able to compete so more overall viable weps. With current buff swords got a buff but so did dolk so they should still be the best 1h wep.

The rest is fantastic. Shield stats mattering. Shortbows maybe being viable on foot. Mount fall damage so they cant drop of a mountain.

Although I'm curious does the mount stat change effect pre patch?

Last edited:
fall damage should be a function of weight (including carry/equip/horsebag weight) vs con?/dex?/str? with landing tech as a modifier

heavy mounts or transporting large loads would suffer harsher penalties in this fashion

in theory, pets would also suffer this falling damage in the same way, tho i'm not sure MO is setup to do anything like that.

-barcode

• Mounted players mounts now take a lot more fall damage.
Hmm. Seems like the horse is forced to speed up even when walking down a 45 deg slope like stutter-stutter-stutter, and then you get thrown. Then my mount took a ton of dmg -2/3ds of hits HP.

I guess if they want extra dmg can't argue. But I'd rather not see horses forced to speed up on hills that seem like they should be able to control their footing in 1st gear. Slow speed should get some kind of a break since its a more careful movement.

Thread starter #10
This may or may not happen, but with increased mount falling damage we may start to see a higher demand for mages and tamers who can heal injured mounts, something riders without veterinary skills would be unable to do.

We may, for example, see mount healers in town offering their services with or without a fee, and as another added side effect we may see more visits by mount users who stopover in town for that purpose.

Patch looks great... finally some love for 1h weapon and shield, although i still believe the stamina should be adjusted further.

The game needs a lot more improvement though...

Teknique

Great Patch, except for the swimming wtf

Last edited:
Great Patch, except for the swimming wtf
Not to sure about the swimming one either. They may have done that based on a resent post about not being able to tell when you are over weight for swimming.

Personally I thought only being able to swim with very low weight was a large part of the mechanic. It limited what a person could transport while swimming so they had to work around that limitation. Also a player had to consider weight when trying to travel, escape, or chase someone via water.

If I understand this change then it seems to make the water less of an obstacle/hazard across the board. At first glance it seems more negative than positive for the skill as a whole. Other than making it easier for a player to transport stuff in the water. Which I already did pretty regular even with the restrictions.

Basically they seemed to have opened the door for more people to be able to swim when an opportunity/need arises. Which in effect could weaken the ability to do so.

Last edited:

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
Yes, swimming has been dumbed down a bit, and one of the reasons are that the old mechanics was really hindering any type of content being added to waters.

Constantly running out of stamina, and looting anything under water would make you start sinking and not be able to regain stamina, it was more realistic but not very fun to be swimming and trying to do something other than just swim from point A to B.

Also as you Sebastion were saying, new players trying the waters were sinking like rocks with only a few pickables in their inventory, and not being close to being encumbered they had no idea what was going on.

Yes, swimming has been dumbed down a bit, and one of the reasons are that the old mechanics was really hindering any type of content being added to waters.

Constantly running out of stamina, and looting anything under water would make you start sinking and not be able to regain stamina, it was more realistic but not very fun to be swimming and trying to do something other than just swim from point A to B.

Also as you Sebastion were saying, new players trying the waters were sinking like rocks with only a few pickables in their inventory, and not being close to being encumbered they had no idea what was going on.
Yeah, it seemed like the intention was to open up water to more players. I can understand that.

And I really wont have a problem with being able to carry more while I swim. It will make raising ship wrecks easier for sure. Though there will no longer be a reason for a player to choose what they should take and what they should leave. I believe that having these types of decisions to make does add something to the game.

Thread starter #16

Does this new change apply to the weight carried by mounts, too?

Yeah, it seemed like the intention was to open up water to more players. I can understand that.

And I really wont have a problem with being able to carry more while I swim. It will make raising ship wrecks easier for sure. Though there will no longer be a reason for a player to choose what they should take and what they should leave. I believe that having these types of decisions to make does add something to the game.
I like the fact that there's now an icon warning players, expecially new ones, that the are going to sink in the water when overloaded. So technically that piece came true, lol.

EXCEPT one problem in my mind.... the amount of carry weight or armor weight you have on doesn't slow you down or seem to effect how much Stamina it takes to rise in the water by pumping the space bar or swimming up. I tested it and I was zipping around and rising up in armor nearly as well as my other character that has Crawling. It seems like it should matter how much you are carrying. So that water remains the domain of the lightly armored (thievery, explorers/divers, using water for escaping PKers, etc.)

Hopefully there's a bigger stamina cost to RISING in water while carrying/armor weight in a scaled way. As in if you are only 10% of your free weight then you take a bit more stamina cost to pump the space bar than if you were 0%, that way you gotta guage what you are doing underwater to not drown before you get to the survace... also armor should just slow you down underwater some, probably also scaled on what % of your free weight it is. Now if you have the Weight (encumbered) icon then sure you sould sink like a rock with no chance to rise... the game did warn you!

I think it's a step in the right direction that SV is working on more underwater PVE stuff and hopefully this leads to the swimming mechanics (SFX/visual) getting some more polish too.

PS - thanks for confirming the shipwrecks are real... ive been looking :)

What happened to shield changes? I was super hyped for shield stats mattering. But I tested yesterday and my friends fist weapon hit my crappy worn shield for 3 equipment while I was naked. And thats about as low shield stats as you can get.

I'm hoping that the change was just pulled to fix the bug and will be re added soon. Bad shields should be like 10 equip and good should be the current (obviously depending on whats hitting them).

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
What happened to shield changes? I was super hyped for shield stats mattering. But I tested yesterday and my friends fist weapon hit my crappy worn shield for 3 equipment while I was naked. And thats about as low shield stats as you can get.

I'm hoping that the change was just pulled to fix the bug and will be re added soon. Bad shields should be like 10 equip and good should be the current (obviously depending on whats hitting them).
I think you need to retest that. Crappy shields do mitigate way less than good shields.
And also actively blocking with a shield now mitigates more damage than just a passive equipment hit.

I think you need to retest that. Crappy shields do mitigate way less than good shields.
And also actively blocking with a shield now mitigates more damage than just a passive equipment hit.
Whew ok got to do some minor testing and it does work with normal player made shields and weapons.

My friend definitely hit my worn shield yesterday with his fist weapon for several 3 equipment hits tho. Which is fishy. i cant recreate it now tho I dont have a worn shield and hes in bed so I cant test fist weapons v shields. May be worth looking into tho, was really suspicious.

And I noticed that new shields have terrible slash mitigation now. Not sure if thats intentended or not. At least the ones I made, like towers with dapple molarium and bron. I think the other different shield types I made also had bad slash. Pre patch shields had terrible pierce from the bug but their slash was way better than my new ones.

Was originally worried daggers would be op from 1h stam buff but it doesnt feel like 25% better stam, for my numbers is closer to 10%, like 28 seconds sprinting with weapon vs 26 old. Which is good, cuz they def arnt op now. Great change overall, will hopefully make 1h weps that arnt spears + shield a more viable option.

If I can suggest any further weapon balance requests short blades could use way more dur. Right now they are good possible dps but the hitbox is bad and the durability is terrible. If their dur was good they could make a decent pole head for fast hits. Right now they are a slower shorter curved blade that costs more and breaks faster for a tad more damage. And handaxe head is pretty under performing, I've never found a place where its useful. Its like a bad warhammer that costs more and is worse stam I think. But otherwise most weapons are in a very good spot now.

Overall am very happy, best patch in a long time. Virtually everything in it was great, keep this stuff up.

Last edited: