Patch Notes 1.87.06.06

Thread starter #1
  • Alces now also gives molarium when butchered.
  • Rebalanced the NPC Shields to not out match the player crafted ones.
  • Following changes have been made to balance pole weapons, especially those with long blades. (Pole Swords)

• Increased the stamina drain on 2h long sauroter handle by 20%
    • Increased the stamina drain on 2h long handle by 20%
    • Increased the stamina drain on 2h short handle by 10%

• Lowered the stamina drain on following weapon heads to compensate for the increased stamina drain on 2H long and short handles:

• Sledgehammer
    • War Hammer
    • Maul
    • Star Mace
    • War Spear
    • Triple Spear
    • Long Spear
    • Heavy Spear
    • Flanged Mace
    • Kallard Great Axe
    • Kallard Double Axe
    • Hand Axe
    • Halberd
    • Double Axe
    • Brier Axe
    • Great Double Axe
    • Great Axe
    • Scythe
    • Scythe Curved
These weapon heads have had their stamina cost reduced to match the values they had on 2h Short Handles prior to this patch, so for example crafting a 2H Short Handle Halberd will have the same stats as before this patch.
This also makes a lot of these weapon heads more viable to put on 1H Handles.

Fixes:

• Taking mounted fall damage now correctly sends the damage message of both you and your mount.
  • Fixed a bug where slashing and blunt defense values when crafting shields were reversed.
  • Fixed the wrong Spiritist vendor being moved out from Morin Khur.
  • Fixed a rare crash with shields.
  • Fixed a node-crash related to elementalism.
  • Fixed some issues with Magic Reflection on AI.
  • Fixed issue with slashing damage not correctly calculating when you hit someone on their shield.
  • Fixed the skill description on Resistance Swimming to display the stamina reduction.

the nerf on poleswords was probably the dumbest hit for pvp right now.

Then the buff on maul and sledgehammer by reducing their stamina drain? Maul Meta for mounteds coming back? omg

AGE OF MOUNTED MO IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!

DISCUSS!

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
the nerf on poleswords was probably the dumbest hit for pvp right now.

Then the buff on maul and sledgehammer by reducing their stamina drain? Maul Meta for mounteds coming back? omg

AGE OF MOUNTED MO IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!

DISCUSS!
sledge mc just got 20% better lmfao.
No, sledge hammers on 2H Short handles are exactly the same, sledge hammers on 1H Handles now have less stamina drain, and sledgehammers on long handles now have more stamina drain.

No, sledge hammers on 2H Short handles are exactly the same, sledge hammers on 1H Handles now have less stamina drain, and sledgehammers on long handles now have more stamina drain.
what are the reason for the heavy nerf on polesword users? Honestly nothing was wrong with them. They were perfect weapons, why change their stam drain too the point where its practically useless now as a heavy fighter?

yurilai

should nerf necro pets , nerf spear , and give tamed combat pet stats

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
idk man, i've got wibes that mauls might make a comeback for mounteds now. Perhaps even foot mauls will be a thing now o_O
Well, Mauls are not better on a mounted today than it was yesterday.
what are the reason for the heavy nerf on polesword users? Honestly nothing was wrong with them. They were perfect weapons, why change their stam drain too the point where its practically useless now as a heavy fighter?
A great blade should not be placed on a long handle, its been an abnormality of a weapon for so long, this patch is encouraging using short blades on poles instead, which is a more historical correct weapon.

Speznat

Well, Mauls are not better on a mounted today than it was yesterday.

A great blade should not be placed on a long handle, its been an abnormality of a weapon for so long, this patch is encouraging using short blades on poles instead, which is a more historical correct weapon.
Historical correct in a game were you can summon a death steed and an tupilak haahaha herius that was a good one.
the always nerfing stuff really grinding on my gears as a pve player, maybe you should look at combat/pve balance of armors and weapons. for example 90% of the mobs in sarducca are not killable on foot and if than you take so epic long that it doesnt worth the time. maybe time vs reward blaancing would be a good thing for the future..

yeah but they cost an extra 100 points, what can that buy us now nothing, who will use 100 points for a 2h short handle halberd ?

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
yeah but they cost an extra 100 points, what can that buy us now nothing, who will use 100 points for a 2h short handle halberd ?
Yes they do, and they are still viable, but this is promoting using short blades instead to make a pole sword.

Yes they do, and they are still viable, but this is promoting using short blades instead to make a pole sword.
But a short bladed pole is still considered a polesword by the community and weaponcrafters. Some call the short blades the cancerpoles others call them the stickypoles (numerous names) But point being: Its still a polesword just a small blade. Which if u think about it. In a historical term, DOES EXIST :p You got the chinese halberd used by Guan Yu thats a Polesword, but it uses a thicker type of blade so people call it a eastern halberd.

Then u have the japanese types of polearm, which also uses a thick blade like the counter version of the Chinese halberd i forget its name for the moment.

So calling it a abnormality, and also claiming the historical part of it being false is also wierd. Cuss they DO exist but in different shapes. Not stereotypical westernized but eastern styled ones.

What the Jesus... Another retarded fucking patch. RIP poles. Here's comes the mounted life

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
But a short bladed pole is still considered a polesword by the community and weaponcrafters. Some call the short blades the cancerpoles others call them the stickypoles (numerous names) But point being: Its still a polesword just a small blade. Which if u think about it. In a historical term, DOES EXIST :p You got the chinese halberd used by Guan Yu thats a Polesword, but it uses a thicker type of blade so people call it a eastern halberd.

Then u have the japanese types of polearm, which also uses a thick blade like the counter version of the Chinese halberd i forget its name for the moment.

So calling it a abnormality, and also claiming the historical part of it being false is also wierd. Cuss they DO exist but in different shapes. Not stereotypical westernized but eastern styled ones.
Yes that's what I said, pole swords with shorter blades are historically accurate, pole swords with great blades not so much.
That's why we wanted to promote the "real pole swords" a bit.

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
What the Jesus... Another retarded fucking patch. RIP poles. Here's comes the mounted life
Step one: Login to the game and try the changes.
Step two: Leave feedback on the forums. <3

Yes that's what I said, pole swords with shorter blades are historically accurate, pole swords with great blades not so much.
That's why we wanted to promote the "real pole swords" a bit.
Apologies i must've messed up my wording, the part where i mentioned the Guan Yu - Chinese Halberd its a long blade not a short, same for the japanese version which is called Naginata, they are also long bladed poleswords. You got the Glaive, different versions of Glaive in fact. And ALL the famous Chinese Poleswords are all thick and long blades, a selective amount is short indeed.

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
Apologies i must've messed up my wording, the part where i mentioned the Guan Yu - Chinese Halberd its a long blade not a short, same for the japanese version which is called Naginata, they are also long bladed poleswords. You got the Glaive, different versions of Glaive in fact. And ALL the famous Chinese Poleswords are all thick and long blades, a selective amount is short indeed.
Yes, we have not disabled the crafting of long handles and great blades, you can still make them and use them and they are still very viable weapons, they just needed a little balance as the stamina drain difference from a 2H Hilt Great Blade and a 2H Long Handle Great Blade were less than one stamina point before this patch.
Pole swords have not been nerfed through the ground or anything, they are just in a better place now.

Komodor

Oghmium Supporter
Yes, we have not disabled the crafting of long handles and great blades, you can still make them and use them and they are still very viable weapons, they just needed a little balance as the stamina drain difference from a 2H Hilt Great Blade and a 2H Long Handle Great Blade were less than one stamina point before this patch.
Pole swords have not been nerfed through the ground or anything, they are just in a better place now.
Time for spears and heavy hammers. On the other hand you could buff 1h shortswords to make them viable as second option to daggers and 1h clubs