Patch Notes 1.87.06.06

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
It's not enough to make them viable, far from it. And if you don't want to nerf spears, please at least adjust them somehow. They are even more blatantly OP right now. And if you fix them you could make steps in order to balance mounteds a bit ;)
Well, with all the fixes to shields, spear uses will probably have a much harder time now as they will be taking a lot more damage, especially if they are not actively blocking with their shields.

Bicorps

Trial Member
Im sorry but I dont think anyone ever said poleswords needed nerfed. I think they are seen as the most USABLE of the weapons. This really makes no sense to me.
There is 100 of good feedback with change that is needed since years+ . no one ask for a handle nerf AGAIN. it already get nerf and it was a really good nerf btw.

More long the handle was, more skill based it was. More risk to do handle hit. This game become less and less skill based after each patch... Shame herius.

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
There is 100 of good feedback with change that is needed since years+ . no one ask for a handle nerf AGAIN. it already get nerf and it was a really good nerf btw.

More long the handle was, more skill based it was. More risk to do handle hit. This game become less and less skill based after each patch... Shame herius.
More stamina drain does make it less skill based?
That does not make sense to me, sorry.

Bicorps

Trial Member
More stamina drain does make it less skill based?
That does not make sense to me, sorry.
It make us change weapon . You think we gonna use weapon that is not viable anymore? You not making any sense kid.

Even if the guy is good he gonna be bad with the pole Because he have 20% Stam drain. he just gonna run out of stam and Die.

grendel

Good patch, swinging a pole with a long blade should cost more stam than swinging a 2h sword.

The nerf on poles wasnt really needed, the game is very slow paced already, theres too much staring at each other waiting for your stam to regen.
At least they should only take 100 points now and they should buff stam on the shorter blades like conqueror, curved, etc. so its like before patch. Just keep it for the longer blade heads like GB, Blademaster, etc.
Also take spears off that list, those were the ones that needed a nerf the most.

Last edited:

Izlife

Hand of the Emperor
KFC, check. Grape soda, check. Watermelon, check. /unzips

Well, with all the fixes to shields, spear uses will probably have a much harder time now as they will be taking a lot more damage, especially if they are not actively blocking with their shields.
The way I look at it, is that although 1h weapons have gotten some much needed love (which is fantastic), they wont really be used while spears are still the best shield weapon. And I bet that 1h flanged and warhammer and stuff are a lot better than people give them credit. But thats still hard to compete with the raw goodness of just spam stabbing someone in the head with your spear, which has more range and much easier hitbox than like a 1h flanged, and holds the shield in a better spot. And prob does more damage, but that depends on the weapon and armor.

I dont think spears are extremely broken and need a mega nerf, but fighting the things does just suck. You can block middle, but if you dont they prob hit harder than you did. Its just extremely low skill, so most people would be happier with spears under performing compared to over performing like they are now.

Spears being top tier just degrades the value of skill. Cuz even a bottom tier player can contribute a lot by spamming his spear. If spears were meh then it would be a good amount of performance for the reduced amount of skill needed.

It make us change weapon . You think we gonna use weapon that is not viable anymore? You not making any sense kid.

Even if the guy is good he gonna be bad with the pole Because he have 20% Stam drain. he just gonna run out of stam and Die.
Bro relax, 10% stam nerf is literally nothing. Poles are still plenty viable. The things were the best, the extreme majority of fighters not using spears use poles. I'd say I see more poles and spears. They have great sticky. Great stam. Hard to parry left swing and stab. Good mats hit well v heavy armor. Even with 10% stam nerf, they are still extremely good.

10% stam nerf is still worth the range over a sword, where you usually cant sticky anyone, or clubs where you spam handle hits. Etc.

Good patch, now fix armor durability and all the sets that no one uses.
I dream of the day I can wear sexy t scale boots and not be trash lol.........

And splinted buff. Its just bard principor, and principor is ugly and lame. And guard variants could use a bit of love, they feel like bad excu.

Last edited:

Teknique

This is moronic the long handles were already a difficult to use but sick weapon due to handle hits.

0/10 shit patch.

in ok with the short handle but long handles were extremely difficult to use but good. 20% that's outrageous considering people barely use them as is.

dumb dumb dumb

Last edited:

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
This is moronic the long handles were already a difficult to use but sick weapon due to handle hits.

0/10 shit patch
Very constructive feedback!

So everything in the patch was bad as you gave it 0/10?

And I guess you have tried a new crafted pole sword to be able to deliver this level of information. ;)

If you have not, please try them.

Teknique

And I guess you have tried a new crafted pole sword to be able to deliver this level of information. ;)

You nerfed the long handle which is a difficult to use but good weapon

more than the short handle. Do you see why thats a bad Idea or no?

given that poleswords are more difficult to use than spears and sledgehammer mc exist. then yes a pole nerf patch has no redeemable qualities but in the interest of fair play nerfing a short handle great blade I can kind of see the logic for but I can't give you much else.

actually sledge mc didn't even occur to me im like 50x more puzzled by this then I was befoee

Herius how about adding the shorter blade heads like conqueror, curved, etc. to the list? Since you want to promote use of historical accurate poleswords, and these were already harder to use with a bigger chance of handle hitting.

Bicorps

Trial Member
Bro relax, 10% stam nerf is literally nothing. Poles are still plenty viable. The things were the best, the extreme majority of fighters not using spears use poles. I'd say I see more poles and spears. They have great sticky. Great stam. Hard to parry left swing and stab. Good mats hit well v heavy armor. Even with 10% stam nerf, they are still extremely good.

10% stam nerf is still worth the range over a sword, where you usually cant sticky anyone, or clubs where you spam handle hits. Etc.
Its a big nerf, 20% on Long handle/Sarauter and they buff other Weapon heads. Heavy armor + heavy long handle polesword is totally nerfed you literly cant dive to kill a mage anymore.

Only Light short handle Cronite is ""Viable"" now.

No more Sarauter halberd 5w+ Everything that is Heavy with a Long handle+ is just trash now.

It remove so much kind of Weapon that you had to change your playstyle. example the Guy have a shit long handle so ... im gonna try stay next to him .I have more chance to get handle hit and if he dont well I get hit fuking hard.

It just remove different playstyle and weapon kind that not needed a nerf at all. rly rly bad patch. and yes im maybe over reacting but I would not sub 4 days ago if I knew they gonna do shit like this.

Its a big nerf, 20% on Long handle/Sarauter and they buff other Weapon heads. Heavy armor + heavy long handle polesword is totally nerfed you literly cant dive to kill a mage anymore.

Only Light short handle Cronite is ""Viable"" now.

No more Sarauter halberd 5w+ Everything that is Heavy with a Long handle+ is just trash now.

It remove so much kind of Weapon that you had to change your playstyle. example the Guy have a shit long handle so ... im gonna try stay next to him .I have more chance to get handle hit and if he dont well I get hit fuking hard.

It just remove different playstyle and weapon kind that not needed a nerf at all. rly rly bad patch. and yes im maybe overreacting but I would not sub 4 days ago if I knew they gonna do shit like this.
I dont rememebr the last time I actually saw people using 2h long handle poles. Their dur is trash and they get tons of handle hits.

Almost everyone uses 2h short handle. Which is a only 10% nerf.

Also sarouter axes, which by the way, nobody used anyway, are only a 10% nerf, because they got buffed to counter the other 10% (to =20). And this is good because otherwise a 2h short hand;e axe was just a bad long handle.

And you can still easily dive and kill mages with poles. If you cant with 10% stam nerf you would have stammed and died in their group anyway.

In 4 days you will prob realize this isnt a big deal and that your 2h short handle blademaster is still perfectly viable. And if you really dont like the 10% nerf, use swords or something and save a primary. 1 primary can go a long way, like for fitting aiming technique to foot bow. Trust me, the change wont ruin your gameplay.

It maybe huts 1 play style a tiny bit, but it makes the worse ones a lot better. So overall is a good change.

Herius how about adding the shorter blade heads like conqueror, curved, etc. to the list? Since you want to promote use of historical accurate poleswords, and these were already harder to use with a bigger chance of handle hitting.
^This. Maybe not conq tho, they are kidna too big lol. And L katana, even tho I love the things lol. But shortblades + curved would be cool, they really need long handle.

It would buff them for 1h and as swords, but I doubt they would be op, cuz they are already pretty bad lol. Like maybe 1h curved blade would be op no stam, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

Teknique

I dont rememebr the last time I actually saw people using 2h long handle poles. Their dur is trash and they get tons of handle hits.

Also sarouter axes, which by the way, nobody used anyway, are only a 10% nerf, because they got buffed to counter the other 10% (to =20). And this is good because otherwise a 2h short hand;e axe was just a bad long handle.

And you can still easily dive and kill mages with poles. If you cant with 10% stam nerf you would have stammed and died in their group anyway.

In 4 days you will prob realize this isnt a big deal and that your 2h short handle blademaster is still perfectly viable.
thats why i'm pissed id style on kids with a long handle because you gotta be nutty to use one. Why nerf a well balanced weapon and then leave a sledge mc it makes no sense I can't understand it.

its not a big deal in the sense that no one uses them but its just silly.

a 10% nerf on the PS people actually use isn't the end of the world.

Bicorps

Trial Member

In 4 days you will prob realize this isnt a big deal and that your 2h short handle blademaster is still perfectly viable.

^This. Maybe not conq tho, they are kidna too big lol. And L katana, even tho I love the things lol. But shortblades + curved would be cool, they really need long handle.

It would buff them for 1h and as swords, but I doubt they would be op, cuz they are already pretty bad lol. Like maybe 1h curved blade would be op no stam, but I doubt it.

Its situational Weapon that you get out of your bank when you need it. Its normal to see it rarely. It was still fun to bring it sometime in big scale PvP and try your best to hit people in heavy armor with that huge blunt weapon with like 80% of risk to handle hit... Really hard to hit people... So why nerf it ?

Why nerf Long handle Pole sword and Sarauter if its hard to hit with it ? Is it not skill based ? Like the fun part of Mortal Online ?

The nerf was simply not needed at all. They waist there time on shit nerf when NOBODY ask it since they nerf Handle hit.

And when you make a weapon that you see rarely in a fight... is not fun to see it ? Like .... You want try that giant guy in the field with Wings and a Fucking long sarauter Halbert that weight a ton ... and if he actually Success fully hit you.... Well... That shit hit hell hard brotha .... That what was fun of mortal .... Diversity of Weapon.

thats why i'm pissed id style on kids with a long handle because you gotta be nutty to use one. Why nerf a well balanced weapon and then leave a sledge mc it makes no sense I can't understand it.

its not a big deal in the sense that no one uses them but its just silly.

a 10% nerf on the PS people actually use isn't the end of the world.
Like I wish long handle poles wernt complete ass now, but at the same time, its a fair price to make long sticks not op. when I started this game long handle poles were the only weapon. Handle nerf finally changed that, but then people just used short handle. Pre today, like every fight I saw mostly all poles on fighters, with some spears, and the rare anything else.

And long handles made short handle bad for everything else too. Like you never see short handle club, they are just dick long handle with better dur lol. Same with axes, but at least those needed a primary for the long handle.

So like I think the change is still a good thing. It hurts cool poles, but it buffs everything else that was just bad cuz it wasnt on a long or short stick.

I can actually use a short handle star mace now and not feel like massive garbage. 1h flanged. I bet some 1h axes are viable now. Swords are better stam than a pole same blade, but less sticky potential. Fair tradeoffs. Etc.

I like the patch, like the changes, and I really appreciate Herius taking some time to explain the reasoning behind the changes. Whether people like the changes or not, having a dialogue about it is good.

Bicorps

Trial Member
Like I wish long handle poles wernt complete ass now, but at the same time, its a fair price to make long sticks not op. when I started this game long handle poles were the only weapon. Handle nerf finally changed that, but then people just used short handle. Pre today, like every fight I saw mostly all poles on fighters, with some spears, and the rare anything else.

And long handles made short handle bad for everything else too. Like you never see short handle club, they are just dick long handle with better dur lol. Same with axes, but at least those needed a primary for the long handle.

So like I think the change is still a good thing. It hurts cool poles, but it buffs everything else that was just bad cuz it wasnt on a long or short stick.

I can actually use a short handle star mace now and not feel like massive garbage. 1h flanged. I bet some 1h axes are viable now. Swords are better stam than a pole same blade, but less sticky potential. Fair tradeoffs. Etc.
Short handle Sledgehammer was already winning in 1v1 situation vs any Polesword.
But polesword at least you could sticky someone that was trying to run away.
It also really hard to not hit ally next to you with a polesword I mean like... Come on .....

Situational guys ..... It depend the situation and how you make your weapon Worth Use .... You not gonna win in every situation with a Polesword.

But now its just garbage.