Patch Notes 1.87.08.00 Discussion

i absolutely LOVE this patch :) good thinking on your end startvault. this might even convince some players to come back and try the game again! those dk's have been way to much of an overkill. when 1 pet can solo almost any dungeon in the game, there is an issue lol

grendel

Love the patch, one big question:

Will there be a hotfix for the lost skills(if we dont log the toon before the hotfix)?
I fear to log my toons if thr is a hotfix coming.
@Herius

Here are some other things to consider.

1 Sub tokens, you know like the character reroll

2 How about a free week to any account that has subscribed in the last 2 years. I have had all my accounts hacked resources stolen and lots of lost time from DDOS attacks over the years.

3 Raise free to play cap to 80 same as Mortal Royal.

4 Nerf mounted combat hard just try it who knows might help the game.

5 Remove walls for everything that is not a keep spot.

6 Do not wait 3 to 5 years to implement common sense ideas.

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead

Will there be a hotfix for the lost skills(if we dont log the toon before the hotfix)?
@Herius
We will take a look at this tomorrow, and see if we can figure something out.

Braindead patch.

Why have these free secondary skills listed anyway? The changes have made these "skills" superficial to the point of irrelevant words on the menu. The illusion of skill depth?
  • Breathing Technique
  • Footspeed
  • Athletics
  • Riding
  • Mining
  • Woodcutting
  • Butchery

These are just a minor hassle now. Some time to skill up and never to be thought of again. Couple questions, Why stop there? Why not all of butchery? Need more room to cave to stupidity in future patches? Why not just eliminate all the difference and award it to everyone at character creation? Oh, the illusion of depth because we're all stupid and can't tell. Sigh, these "skills" will simply serve as a reminder of what the game once attempted to be, now mutilated and disgraced.

• Advanced Metals
  • Handle and pole
  • Advanced Blade Crafting
  • Mammal Skin Lore
  • Skeleton Lore
  • Flesh Lore
  • Primata
  • Dairy Products Lore
  • Arthropod Produce Lore

Perhaps the overwhelming success of Mortal Royale has shown SV that people really want skill uniformity over diversity.

It seems the intention is to finally kill off Mortal Online. Even if that wasn't the intention, the incompetence is indistinguishable from contempt.

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
I remember the same problems with a patch long time ago which also swapped primary and secondary skills.
Would have been easier just to swap the primary points each for Athletics and Riding instead of increasing them to 100 for Sprinting and Controlled Riding and take the missing points from a random primary skill.
We had a system for this, that unfortunatley failed in the LIVE enviroment, and we need to look at why it did, as it was supposed to be pretty straight forward. And never ment to take points from any other primary.

EZgold

@Herius
as far as i can see its been succesfully patched already now.

MolagAmur

is it .... is it a joke? sarcasm can be hard to tell from just text

-barcode
You're better off not even reading what Godkin says.

Looks like a great patch to me. Would like to see more go in this kind of direction.

Very Interesting!

I like the idea of all players being able to do basic things like this.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
You're better off not even reading what Godkin says.
But he's right about the depth.

The illusory quality of the depth is not *news*, but that doesn't make him wrong.

If he weren't right, I wouldn't be the (only?) one (so far) sticking up for him in his point of view. There would be others here to do so who are no longer with us.

(Sub-text: this coloring pattern is as annoying as I think it is, right? Asking for a complete stranger.)

Keurk

i absolutely LOVE this patch :) good thinking on your end startvault. this might even convince some players to come back and try the game again! those dk's have been way to much of an overkill. when 1 pet can solo almost any dungeon in the game, there is an issue lol
this is not on their hand. In fact, it has been given to them for years, this patch is some basic weekly hotfixe that should have popped years ago.. Don't give them too much credit on that, there is REALLY , REALLY , N O T H I N G to be proud of

EZgold

i was wrong. the missing skill points is still going on. gotta petition in game and it is fixed by GM

Lmao! do you think that guy won the game?
Unfortunately, the game never even starts. 5 player minimum is too high a threshold.

The features that have kept MO on life support rather than death: full loot risk and reward, immersion, character progression, player interaction, specialization, role diversity, are all missing from MR. Getting immediately to the fight, having no economy, less specialization, no interdependence, no delayed gratification, no depth, and no meaning reveal only a clunky underwhelming laggy bug-filled game that can't compensate for the great intensity and thrill of the fight. Perhaps MO can reach that attractive dynamic soon as it abandons what keeps people invested.
I expect a small bump in pop from those thinking this will be an improvement, followed by an even greater drop off as the population realizes, with increased frustration, that what is lacking is not more skills, but more meaningful interaction and depth. We'll see.

Last edited:

Yeonan

Trial Member
@Godkin Veratas

How was it having 3 redundant secondary skills behind 1 primary (athletics) added more depth?

One could argue any secondary that is locked behind a primary, is inherently redundant unless it requires special items or rare vendors to obtain