Patch Notes 1.87.08.00 Discussion

They could make Taming secondary, and add a primary child skill Advanced Taming (much like Advanced Creature Control, Advanced Dendrology, etc) underneath it which allows expert tamers to tame the really rare and exotic beasts. Saw a tamed gigantic cockroach named “Dog” almost the height of the Tindrem bank once, for example.

Raise the minimum taming skill for some of the harder creatures so it doesn’t throw the economy and playability off balance, leave horses and such as they are since they are so common and the staple of a lot of mounted players I see.

That way, any player can tame a horse and expert tamers will still be sought after for the rarer pets/mounts. Similar to how anyone can now butcher basic creatures like pigs, razorbacks, springboks and so forth, but creatures like spiders and lizards will still be best processed by a real butcher.

Saw a tamed gigantic cockroach named “Dog” almost the height of the Tindrem bank once, for example..
Understand what the skills actually do before you ask them to be changed

You can not tame Insects, only dominate.

You can only tame Mammals and Reptiles.

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
You can not tame Insects, only dominate.
You can only tame Mammals and Reptiles.
You also can tame terror birds: Aves.

Domination is needed for Mammalia-Primata, e.g. Rock Golems and Minotaur. And of cause for spiders like Mountain Spiders and Spider Queen. In Sarducaa you can't even dominate the insects. You have to dominate their larva, then level them up to 70 or 75 (I don't remember the right level yet) when they change into the real insect, which can be dominated for short time but is aggressive and must be tanked by another player.

You also can tame terror birds: Aves.
Oh yes, those multitude of tamable Aves.

Domination is needed for Mammalia-Primata, e.g. Rock Golems and Minotaur. And of cause for spiders like Mountain Spiders and Spider Queen. In Sarducaa you can't even dominate the insects. You have to dominate their larva, then level them up to 70 or 75 (I don't remember the right level yet) when they change into the real insect, which can be dominated for short time but is aggressive and must be tanked by another player.
Crocodiles are Reptiles but you need to dominate them

When SV introduced Crocodiles they made them dominated only because breeding grounds only took tamed pets, and breeding grounds were wildly broken OP(there is a reason ID had 33 breeding grounds on salvia island filled with elder shore prowers) and SV didn't want people getting free stacks of panzer scales a day.

I don't believe SV has changed them to being tamable today despite the nerf to breeding grounds into the ground, but then again I haven't checked

At some point when all the things people want for free are secondary, maybe we can remove them from the skill tree so there isn't a spam of minor skills that everyone already has. Then have only the primaries listed. Then we'll be right back to where we started but with the floor raised higher.