Patrol posts

Thread starter #1

Deadheretic

Do you even see how many that shit building got HP?
Rebalance it like a walls and other buildings pls. Cuz this is stupid.

Thread starter #3

Deadheretic

good joke. But 1.5kk HP same as Tier3 metall walls, this is logical.

SOAKED

I thought rpk were pro siegers? the big bad patrol post too hard for u kids?
Everyone is abusing the patrol posts because they do have a stupid amount of HP. There are probably more patrol posts than any other structure in the game right now.... @Sebastion could probably check that Lol.

I think everyone knows they need to be nerfed..... but simply nerfing patrol posts won't solve the problems with TC.

We need a TC overhaul.

Everyone is abusing the patrol posts because they do have a stupid amount of HP. There are probably more patrol posts than any other structure in the game right now.... @Sebastion could probably check that Lol.

I think everyone knows they need to be nerfed..... but simply nerfing patrol posts won't solve the problems with TC.

We need a TC overhaul.
I know dude, its just funny that RPK been claiming the alliance is "just lazy" and not as good as them at sieging, but now when the same tactics are used against them they start to cry...

Thread starter #7

Deadheretic

I just dont fucking care about your fetish about cry and abusing. I dont want to siege something. I dont siege someone in last year. I just see that shit buildings everewhere. I chek that stupid hp and i see 1.5kk same us metal T3 walls. This is logical?

Retail Price of Mangannon plus materials = ~400g
Retail Price of Patrol Post with mats = ~250g

Seems a bit off, even when you have 3/4 of a mang left over. But the issue with patrol posts are not the buildings themselves, it's the guards attached to them. If it was just a building, no one would care. So you have to factor in the guard cost with the patrol post.

Retail Price of Patrol Post with mats and guards = ~500g -1000g

So if you do the math, you actually come out quite ahead sieging down a patrol post for the cost of 3/4 a mang.

Just last week, RPK took out 3 watch towers, 4 patrol post, 13 guards, ~10 walls/gates and a Tier 3 Tower with 3/4 of a mang and a couple of Tier 1 Towers. It's not that hard.

This is why it's dangerous for people that have little to no experience at sieging and don't own any TC themselves to discuss and suggest ideas for TC balance and sieging. Lazy and naive at best. Bias and disingenuous at worst.

agead_drem

This is why it's dangerous for people that have little to no experience at sieging and don't own any TC themselves to discuss and suggest ideas for TC balance and sieging. Lazy and naive at best. Bias and disingenuous at worst.
This applies to other things that are not TC related as well.

On that note, can guards be flagged grey like every other mob? You cant bring blue character in a siege and defend mang. if you do you wont be getting back to your blue town anytime soon

Guards go "local gray" if they attack you first. You do, inevitably, still rack up quite a few murder counts when sieging. There are inherent problems with sieging, murder counts and the flagging system, which most of us have just accepted as the way it is. Guards need to not give murder counts, forced war decs need to be reintroduced and unlimited and any character building/repairing TC or siege equipment should be flagged local gray. The possession of boulders or siege equipment should also make you local gray.

Lazy and naive at best. Bias and disingenuous at worst.
Yeah. Like your entire post here.

your analysis is purely gold based, and even there you are purposefully distorting the truth. ignoring all other factors like the guards on the posts which roam causing them to constantly float under the world or through walls, etc and can automatically target mangs. or the small size of the posts allowing them to be placed easily and stacked in large numbers.

disingenuous indeed.

Last edited:
Retail Price of Patrol Post with mats = ~250g

Seems a bit off, even when you have 3/4 of a mang left over. But the issue with patrol posts are not the buildings themselves, it's the guards attached to them. If it was just a building, no one would care. So you have to factor in the guard cost with the patrol post.

Retail Price of Patrol Post with mats and guards = ~500g -1000g

So if you do the math, you actually come out quite ahead sieging down a patrol post for the cost of 3/4 a mang.

Just last week, RPK took out 3 watch towers, 4 patrol post, 13 guards, ~10 walls/gates and a Tier 3 Tower with 3/4 of a mang and a couple of Tier 1 Towers. It's not that hard.

3/4 of a mang and you destroyed all that shit ? I’m calling bullshit , unless mangs have been buffed ?

Yeah. Like your entire post here.

your analysis is purely gold based, and even there you are purposefully distorting the truth. ignoring all other factors like the guards on the posts which roam causing them to constantly float under the world or through walls, etc and can automatically target mangs. or the small size of the posts allowing them to be placed easily and stacked in large numbers.

disingenuous indeed.
You have to use some kind of metric when evaluating a thing. Hitpoints : Cost is about as straight forward a metric as you can use. The factors you're complaining about have more to do with AI pathing than the hitpoints of a TC structure, which is exactly what was the original topic of this thread. I'm all for AI being fixed. LOS and terrain bugs are real problems that need to be addressed.

I get it, you don't like guards and want guards and the structures they're attached to nerfed. You want to be able to cause massive amounts of damage for a minimal expenditure of effort and cost. Of course you do. You don't own anything. But I don't see how anyone can honestly justify making sieging exponentially cheaper than building in a game that is designed with TC in mind. Sieging should be hard. Sieging should be expensive.

I said nothing disingenuous. I compared cost to cost and even used the retail cost of mangs rather than the current market value. You just can't handle not being in an echo chamber.

3/4 of a mang and you destroyed all that shit ? I’m calling bullshit , unless mangs have been buffed ?
Even better, we now own or deconned all that shit, including the guards. TC has changed and sieging isn't all that hard if you actually plan ahead and know what you're doing. Take a look at Vadda, the proof is in the pudding.

Teknique

You have to use some kind of metric when evaluating a thing. Hitpoints : Cost is about as straight forward a metric as you can use. The factors you're complaining about have more to do with AI pathing than the hitpoints of a TC structure, which is exactly what was the original topic of this thread. I'm all for AI being fixed. LOS and terrain bugs are real problems that need to be addressed.

I get it, you don't like guards and want guards and the structures they're attached to nerfed. You want to be able to cause massive amounts of damage for a minimal expenditure of effort and cost. Of course you do. You don't own anything. But I don't see how anyone can honestly justify making sieging exponentially cheaper than building in a game that is designed with TC in mind. Sieging should be hard. Sieging should be expensive.

I said nothing disingenuous. I compared cost to cost and even used the retail cost of mangs rather than the current market value. You just can't handle not being in an echo chamber.

Even better, we now own or deconned all that shit, including the guards. TC has changed and sieging isn't all that hard if you actually plan ahead and know what you're doing. Take a look at Vadda, the proof is in the pudding.
You're making it sound as if a patrol post is some inert structure. It has what is essentially a "taunt" meaning you have to attack a structure with guards on it otherwise your siege can't advance.

So where 1 manganon may have been able to breach and then destroy the guild stone, increasing the damage to cost ratio for a manganon by a super significant amount. You now need to drop say 10 mangs just to even open up roar keep for example to sieging.

You're making it sound as if a patrol post is some inert structure. It has what is essentially a "taunt" meaning you have to attack a structure with guards on it otherwise your siege can't advance.

So where 1 manganon may have been able to breach and then destroy the guild stone, increasing the damage to cost ratio for a manganon by a super significant amount. You now need to drop say 10 mangs just to even open up roar keep for example to sieging.
You do know that you can destroy your objective without destroying the patrol post or the watch towers full of guards, right? RPK! just did it that way recently, they also did it that way when RPK! destroyed the 2 reliquaries in side the walls of ROAR keep.

good joke. But 1.5kk HP same as Tier3 metall walls, this is logical.
Hmmmm so I can build a few Patrol post and surround my House / Pali instead of walls " I take in count a small space for gateway " and with alot Of guards it will work as a Defense and offense and cost to build a patrol post isn't that High comparing to a Tier 3 walls :D and proom isn't a problem any more thanks to demon portal jajaja jajaja it will work Fine I guess :cool: gentlemen behold the new Design of pali - Keeps - houses that needs protection ...

P.s this Design will work for long time cos SV Wont look much at this thread and like a lot of stuff will probably take a lot of years till it balance - Fix it just saying ;)

it will be very effective VS attackers you can place some guards here and there and they can shot ppl from Walls and attackers wont be see them or attack them well and players can take station on the top of the Post " am i Not Smart jajajajay "

Draft signature.png

Teknique

You do know that you can destroy your objective without destroying the patrol post or the watch towers full of guards, right? RPK! just did it that way recently, they also did it that way when RPK! destroyed the 2 reliquaries in side the walls of ROAR keep.
A lot of things CAN be done, its an over broad statement. What are you reasonably expecting someone to infer from your statement?

Last edited: