Permanent red status -- solution for reds murdercount problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
Currently reds have to burn their murdercounts to become blue again which given tens or sometimes even hundreds murdercounts they collected is either impossible or too difficult. In the same time 5 murdercounts are quit enough to give reds their red status.

Here is what I propose.
If you wish to become red you can go to special bandit NPC somewhere in Kranesh, Ghaul Kor or some similar unlawful place (maybe just all red priests could be used for this purpose) and via dialogue with it become permanently red after half an hour of waiting to guarantee you will not use this to attack someone you have just met. You will have all qualities of reds except that whatever you do your murdercount will not change: you don't get murdercounts from slaying blues and don't loose them by slaying reds and greys. And upon becoming red via described way your total murdercounts will be set to 5 so that you won't turn blue too soon.

Once you become tired of your red life and your 5 murdercounts are all burned you just go to the same NPC and via dialogue and paying some sum in gold switch back to blue status. You can only switch to blue when you have zero murdercounts.

Those who become red via slaying fifth victim should be also set to permanent red under rules described above and so will have to stay red at least for duration of five murdercounts instead of one.

gotcher

So you are saying you want to murder 1000 people and then get blue again by afking 40 hours? I call bullshit

Jumaji

I want a flagging system where whenever you go outside of a city you are autoflagged local grey for everyone and nobody can give MC's and the only players that are RED are players who kill people in town limits.

flemestrek

I want a flagging system where whenever you go outside of a city you are autoflagged local grey for everyone and nobody can give MC's and the only players that are RED are players who kill people in town limits.
You can want it,it is great right now and its been like this for years i dont think there's even a need to talk about changing

Darran

So you are saying you want to murder 1000 people and then get blue again by afking 40 hours? I call bullshit

Introduce lawless zones (like cc, GK, kranesh and jungle areas), punish reds harder for just slaughtering noobs. Make a useful wardec system that isn't just a griefing mechanic.

And hurray we have a better game

Jumaji

You can want it,it is great right now and its been like this for years i dont think there's even a need to talk about changing
The flagging system is not good. PvPers that try and be AntiRPK end up red more than the blue griefers do, when you have to fight other players that are blue by flag but obviously red at heart or on the enemy team and get murdercounts for it when it really wasn't in any way a senseless murder of the weak or innocent.

In PvP the flagging system could use alot of work....

flemestrek

The flagging system is not good. PvPers that try and be AntiRPK end up red more than the blue griefers do, when you have to fight other players that are blue by flag but obviously red at heart or on the enemy team and get murdercounts for it when it really wasn't in any way a senseless murder of the weak or innocent.

In PvP the flagging system could use alot of work....
i dont see any problem being RED,all my toons are RED
if you want to be an Anti RPK just dont kill blues lol,usualy RPKS are Red... so?..

eldrath

i dont see any problem being RED,all my toons are RED
if you want to be an Anti RPK just dont kill blues lol,usualy RPKS are Red... so?..
All their alts are blue though, and some burn MCs to stay blue even on their PvP toons. Every good anti-RPK guild has lots of red members in no time.

This idea sounds very much like Gilders bandit mask idea which was quiet good. I think enabling PvP and ganking in the wilderness, while punishing it harder in civilized areas would do the game good. It´s not gonna happen though - SV is afraid to touch the flagging system since it ties into too many other systems.

flemestrek

All their alts are blue though, and some burn MCs to stay blue even on their PvP toons. Every good anti-RPK guild has lots of red members in no time.

This idea sounds very much like Gilders bandit mask idea which was quiet good. I think enabling PvP and ganking in the wilderness, while punishing it harder in civilized areas would do the game good. It´s not gonna happen though - SV is afraid to touch the flagging system since it ties into too many other systems.
like i said,it is good right now and need no change. + there are MANY MANY MANY other things that are much more important than this bullshit you are saying here

No. The flag system is fine, maybe the hidden criminal flag needs an overhaul. If you guys want pvp everywhere, then dont be jerks and dont trade mudercounts after pvp (if the pvp was arragnged and all involved parties agreed to it).

Dont know how many times, people gave me mudercounts after friendly pvp, just because the other party got defeated in fair combat. LOL.

The idea of zonal law system that people have mentioned before it a great idea but also I really think if a keep owns a town (such as unit in bakti) they should be able to defend its town somehow without going red to the blues that come to grief it.

Last night someone brought the Thorax to the town. But he was blue. Murder count.
People Blue block. Murder Count.
People turn grey in a defensive fight, then blue alts of attackers go for the grey, the defenders kill them. Murder count

Loads of REDs but hey we the good guys...

Introduce lawless zones (like cc, GK, kranesh and jungle areas), punish reds harder for just slaughtering noobs. Make a useful wardec system that isn't just a griefing mechanic.

And hurray we have a better game

I want something like this but with players being able choose if the territory they control has laws or is lawless. This would allow the players themselves to try and make the world the way they want it.

Thread starter #13
There should be some color code that allows you to differentiate between more and less dangerous players.
If everyone is marked in the same color you wouldn't know what to expect of them and will have to avoid all armed persons on your way which is very inconvenient. That is the trouble with making everyone grey. However if no MCs would be given but color system would be preserved your idea can do. It will be like in Darkfall then.

nasko

How much has that cost you in electric bills?
rarely keep the pc open just for burning mss
If I play something else, I always burn mcs
If I watch movies or something, I always burn mcs
If Im working, I always burn mcs
and so on

and to be honest, rarely I even need to worry about them. 5 murdercounts is so fast to burn. I hardly ever kill people that do not seem worth it. Sure I might have missed a new player or two transporting their 2000 gold coins on their naked characters riding their donkey without any riding skills or mount bags but I dont really care. I kill everyone whos geared, if I see a naked/new player on a mount with bags, I only kill the mount.

Never had any issues staying blue, just cant go into a random newb killing sprees. People who complain that they got perma red PURELY from a proper pvp fights are so full of shit. I mean one of the funniest things ever is to read some elite pvpers tell how they are perma red becouse of people who are mad after losing even fights, gatherers and new players they farm surely have nothing to do with it.

EDIT: Only twice have I been red, both times were in a big siege during a big war. But I do also agree, there should be some tweaks in the system to make it make more sense. Like if there is a siege, and attackers hire mercs and defenders do not wardec them. How can it be a crime to kill the mercs who are sieging the keep?
In my opinion, the imperial law should only cover the areas they have constantly people in. So if there is a fight in Demon spawn, you should not get murdercounts as no law enforcer is there to witness it anyway. But if you fight at the pigfarm between fab and tindrem, you should get murdercounts as the area (road) is regurlarly patrolled by guards.
They could also give options to keep owners to modify laws inside their territory. Wether they force imperial law or not. Or they could completely "claim" the territory, giving them more options to modify the laws, for example making any actions against their members a crime but their members could have immunity, or something like this. This option could have some downsides too, like turn them grey inside the imperial areas, as they did claim lands from the emperor, and naturally no guards protecting the npc cities. I dont know, just quick ideas. Its hard to balance only the flagging system as its tied to the laws and laws should be tied to the territory. Thus fixing flagging system would require fixing TC structures. Everything will get so complicated so quickly.

lol yeah I agree.

Although for ARPKs its an annoyance that you have to burn murder counts because of winning a battle against a bunch of murderers.

Status
Not open for further replies.