Player made Quests for Steam release!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Tehmudjin

Greeting, community of Mortal!

With Steam release coming soon I have had some ideas of making player made quests with its own storyline. Think will function as a player made tutorial as well as a quest chain where noobs earn money and gear by learning the game instead of just having it handed to them.

I am looking for people who are willing to participate in these quests by roleplaying characters in the quest chain, sponsor simple quest rewards or maybe write some epic storyline or lore that we can form quests out of!

If YOU are interested to help out in any way, dont hesitate to sign up!

Update!!!

Guys, if you have an idea for a Quest this is what you do:

Write down the quest chain. What will the noob have to do? Will he need gear? Will he need any help? What will the reward be?

Write down all dialoge, what do the characters say? Will there be multiple ways of solving the quest like fighting or sneaking?

Think about what you need to realize the quest. You might need armor, weapons and 3 people to help you play your characters. Present your quest in this thread and ask people to sign up for the parts you need help with.

When you have enough people you have a TS meeting. I have a channel in public TS for this. There you sort out all the details and when Steam release hits you perform the Quest.

Napkin

I'd like to help in MK. :D

EDIT: cause of I'm a foot mage and can resurrect players, which means I can lead newbies to dangerous place and die for stupid mistakes they make. So, I can resurrect them to continue the quest instead of wrecking in a middle of quest. :) I might help in Tind too.

Wonderful idea. I could help out.

While we're on the topic, perhaps the GM's will notice and try doing some work on the/a task system, so that we can literally make some quests with simple way points and instructions.

SirKnight

With Steam release coming soon I have had some ideas of making player made quests with its own storyline. Think will function as a player made tutorial as well as a quest chain where noobs earn money and gear by learning the game instead of just having it handed to them.

I am looking for people who are willing to participate in these quests by roleplaying characters in the quest chain, sponsor simple quest rewards or maybe write some epic storyline or lore that we can form quests out of!

I will be there and assist in funding.

Lacdanon

I can help out and if a Keep is needed PAI Keep will accommodate.

Pluro

Cronite Supporter
I remember the last time this was tried :(

Sign me up for possible sidequest (optional if time allows it) :D

I would be interested in assisting with my weapon crafter. They must journey to Bakti to attain the weapon style of their choice though ;)

-Agead

Thread starter #15

Tehmudjin

Ok guys, lets plan this! If people could join TS server los01.bargainvoice.com:7932 we could talk about how we wanna handle this.

The most important part is to get a serious, intressting lore for the quests that fits with existing game lore.

Join even if you only wanna craft spongewood swords or whatever.

albanjoo

Used to make quests in help chat, only one guy did it and got 150g. Great idea, let me know when u discuss about this.

I would love to assist you in this ^_^. Writing stories is 100% of what I do.

Thread starter #18

Tehmudjin

I would love to assist you in this ^_^. Writing stories is 100% of what I do.

Start writing! :) Im thinking we need a group of bandits to be the bad guys. WHo are they? Why are they robbing people? Who leads them?

Hayasa

Honored Member
I can RP the holy paladin of Toxia...

This isn't what I wanted...
"Captain, there's kids here, what to do with em'?"
This isn't the future me I saw when I was a youngin'...
"Same as always, can't have them going back and ratting us out."
This isn't what I want...but this is what has to be...

Starvation does a lot to a man, warps his mind, twist his soul. Being born into a city like Tindrem...there were only two ways to live, starve, or eat. I was born into the former; hunger took my mom when I was 7, I couldn't even cry when my brother Hayasa wanted to cook her corpse for dinner. I don't think I was even human after that day, as I felt no remorse with a full stomach.

Spending my days begging for scraps outside the buchery tables grew old. The verbal abuse from the guards as they constantly accused me of stealing and took what little I had grew tiring... I was tired to going to bed without food while the nobles burned bread for going stale. I was sick of sleeping on the stone tiles whilst the rich laid on feathered beds.

I was sick of it all...at least that is what I told myself as I slid my dagger deep within the butchers throat, his screams mute as he thumped against the cold stone. I remember taking every ounce of meat I could carry and running. We ran, and ran, and ran. As far as out feet could take us, Hayasa had a big smile on his face while we did, but I... I could only feel remorse for what I had done. Back to the slums we went, stuffing our faces with cooked pork, I was un-ware that sin could taste so good.

The years flew by after that, from butcher killer to bandit, my life progressively slipped lower and lower. I grew sicker and sicker of myself with each slip.

My brother Hayasa and I, we had found new friends through our years, friends who sadly shared the same hobby we did, thievery. Our lives were fruitful but damning. Hunting traders as they traveled from Tindrem to Fabernum...
"Captian!, dear god, are you deaf? I said the kids are dead, are we burying them or not?" Mort yelled, his voice obviously agitated at me for ignoring him. "No, just shove the corpses under the wagon and burn it. That should distract the guards for a while so we can slip into the sewers" I said, Mort laughing as he told the others. After a brief discussion, they began to shove the bodies underneath.

"Bro, word has it the Tindrem is starting to increase in anti-banti activities, we should lay low for a while" Hayasa said, his voice obviously worried that the guards would could and try to hunt us. "Don't worry, Tindrem is stretched far enough with the bandits inside the city, they aren't worried about us killing some transporters" I responded. He took my word as good enough and went back to his duties, I turned back and stared at the massive walls of Tindrem, my former home.

- [Input bandit leader name here]

As ordered by Captain of the Guard, the bandit leader [Bandit Name] is hereby sentenced to death. A bounty of 50g has been placed on his head, 100g if he can be brought back alive. All who wish to find riches report to Tedmujin, Warden of the North. He shall be leading this hunt, given authority by the Emperor himself.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tedmujin: Word has it the bandits only hunt at night, killing travelers between here and Fabernum. Armed with small portions of steel armor and stolen metal weapons, they are to be regarded as highly dangerous.

Our scouts suggest that the group of bandits has 4 members, including the Leader himself.

They have been most often spotted in the vineyards right before dusk eating. During the day, they roam the sewers, having good connections with the local bandits, they are allowed to live and sleep there.

Status
Not open for further replies.