Plundering towns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

MasterYo

Trial Member
I heard an opinion that currently there is a lack of motivation among players to engage in serious battle actions. I'm agree with that opinion. At this moment the only viable reason for sieging, mass pvp etc is just personal hate. Engaging in sieging leads to serious consequenses without any serious reward. So people prefer to defend their own assets rather than attack someone else, and that is logical.

So my suggestion is to implement a plundering system: what if players were allowed to arrange raids on towns (player-made as well as NPC towns) and in case of successful raids they could get some part of resources out of raided town?
I'm not insisting on some specific recipes and mechanisms since i think developers are able to make it way better than me. I just want to show the general concept, general direction, but for you to understand here is an example of how I see it:

People decided to raid and plunder Bakti. They gather in a group, attack town, kill some special NPC. After killing that NPC they could get some resources that are currently on trade broker.

Something similar can be done with some TC structures (such as mines for example).

So there is a motivation for people to organize a big battles: attackers side aims to get resources, defenders side (residents of town and owners of TC structures) aims to defend their resources. Also this can resolve a problem with walling off some resourse spots with mines because it will add a real motivation for sieging/raiding such structures.

Resin

Pre-arranged kills the magic. Just not very sanboxy. I like the idea of raiding but not with permission.

Zirus Altruist

Definitely kills some of the sandbox appeal of the town or siege combat, as setting up raids sounds like a concrete mechanic, and it has been suggested before.

It's scooping out some sand from your sandbox and tossing it so you can drop a rock in your sandbox...

I'm not totally against it though. Just not crazy about it.

Thread starter #4

MasterYo

Trial Member
Definitely kills some of the sandbox appeal of the town or siege combat, as setting up raids sounds like a concrete mechanic, and it has been suggested before.

It's scooping out some sand from your sandbox and tossing it so you can drop a rock in your sandbox...

I'm not totally against it though. Just not crazy about it.

Yes, we already have a possibility of sieging and raiding, but this suggestion adds a bit more reward to such actions and thus increases the number of such events. It is just adds some dynamism, as i think.

Dsn

Honored Member
wouldnt go as far as to say its fine for npc towns..players usualy go around exploiting flows in the system and bam even less reason to use brocker.

but yea if you want for player towns.

BobgevLa

I wish they had NPC mines and guilds had to fight over them now that would be better

Thread starter #8

MasterYo

Trial Member
wouldnt go as far as to say its fine for npc towns..players usualy go around exploiting flows in the system and bam even less reason to use brocker.

but yea if you want for player towns.
Well, as i said I just suggest a direction, general idea. It's not necessary a broker, perhaps some chest which contains the treasury of a town or may be smthng else, I just suggest a general idea of plundering

Zirus Altruist

People decided to raid and plunder Bakti. They gather in a group, attack town, kill some special NPC. After killing that NPC they could get some resources that are currently on trade broker.
*logs in 10 guys on blue toons*
*surrounds special NPC when theres only like 2 other people in Bakti*
*wastes Special NPC* *takes phat lootz and leaves*

Zirus Altruist

Well, as i said I just suggest a direction, general idea. It's not necessary a broker, perhaps some chest which contains the treasury of a town or may be smthng else, I just suggest a general idea of plundering
There doesn't seem to be any way to do it without it being really easy to exploit.. and yeah it would kind of kill some of the magic.

Dsn

Honored Member
i was thinking more in terms of catapults...

Thread starter #12

MasterYo

Trial Member
You speak about certain mechanics
I just suggest a direction, general idea.
Also there are a lot of ways to prevent an abusing. For example, all guards in the area should be dead, only after this special npc becomes mortal, or reward and amount of available loot are depends on number of players in town which is not attacked guards etc.

Let me say it again: i speak only about implementing a feature, I don't speak about certain mechanisms. If you want to implement it, you'll find a way to avoid abusing, exploiting etc.

Dsn

Honored Member

Also there are a lot of ways to prevent an abusing. For example, all guards in the area should be dead, only after this special npc becomes mortal, or reward and amount of available loot are depends on number of players in town which is not attacked guards etc.

Let me say it again: i speak only about implementing a feature, I don't speak about certain mechanisms. If you want to implement it, you'll find a way to avoid abusing, exploiting etc.
guards respawn, guards are hard to kill, guards respawn faster the less of em there are.

you need to be doing 1 exploit or another to do something like kill all guards.
so yea would be nice if less stuff would actually affect players that are in zones considered semisafe then more.

Gilder

About the Worst Idea I ever read.
why does everyone and his Mom in this Game wish to implement more and more shit to that will make less and less people play this Game ?????

Zirus Altruist

Guards respawn, and killing them all would be an awful lot of trouble at a dice roll of getting something good off the broker.
If their rate of respawn is decreased, they're basically useless because they're already finicky and more likely to attack an accidental grey defender of the town than a red with a thousand murders under his belt on the back of a horse.

Its also very easy to plant non-attacking guard blues in the town.

I thought I'd mention this, Just so that those are never tried as solutions if ever this were attempted to be put into effect.

Zirus Altruist

why does everyone and his Mom in this Game wish to implement more and more shit to that will make less and less people play this Game ?????

Thread starter #17

MasterYo

Trial Member

If you don't agree with me why can't you just argue without insulting? Your Mom did not teach you good manners?
This is "feedback and SUGGESTIONS' section, what's your problem?

Dsn

Honored Member
If you don't agree with me why can't you just argue without insulting? Your Mom did not teach you good manners?
you didnt cook in the forum juice long enough if you have to ask those questions.

Gilder

Man no Offense.
But you see.

In this Game there is currently 4 groups of People.

1. Newbes. Which are quitting in 99,99% of the Case because they have no Safe Zone, no Skills to defend themself as they dont even do damage if they dont have Sword Skilled... , as well as no way to earn Money fast.

2. Veterans Which know their way around and pretty much dont care for Towns or whatever cause they life behind their own Pallisades anyways and thus hardly ever lose anything no matter how much they die.

3. Griefer Scum Which basicly sees their sole reason of existence by keeping new Players out of this Game. be it by Griefing in the City with Nakeds which wont lose anything or by absuing Game Mechanics and Bugs to Grief in the City for example Mounting and killing someone looting it with a second guy who is then looted by a third guy so he remains blue after looting.

4. RPKs and PvPers which dont purposely keep new Players out but consistently ask for more Mechanics that keep Players out because they want to be Pampered like the Pussy Carebears they are and not lose anything no matter how much they kill and die for they somehow started the wrong game and tought this was Chivalry Online.....

And your currently in Group 4.
You dont exactly got something against new Players.
But they are Collateral to you because you basicly could net care less about them.

In this Game.
ALL RISKs are with the Newer and PvE Players.
While the RPKs and PvPers hardly got any Risks.

Newer and PvE Players still require to run around with Money and do stuff.
They need certain levels of Equipment due to basic Defense Stats of Animals etc etc.
In short if they Die they take a huge loss.

Meanwhile RPKs and Griefers can easily use Cheat stuff or even go Naked with Fat Mages.
And can die as much as they want cause they wont lose anything from it.
Players dont have any Hard Defense and Players often dont have Combat Skills either.
So an Naked RPK with a Spear can Rape them easily.

In This Game Killing RPKs doesnt Gain you anything.
But you seriously stand there and ask for more and more Gains for RPKs.
RPKs already make enough by simply killing people.

You say Attackers of TC Structures dont get anything.
So what do the Defenders get if they Win ?

First!

Enforce that PvPers need to actually Carry something which will actually reward People for Killing them.
After that we can talk about Rewards for RPKs.

Thread starter #20

MasterYo

Trial Member
You say Attackers of TC Structures dont get anything.
So what do the Defenders get if they Win ?

Well, defenders constantly gain resourses from these structures. So if they win they'll continue to gain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.