Possible returning member needs questions answered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Freakling

Hello, I used to play a few years back and left just before the dawn (i think) update.

I lately participated in the ESO beta and hated it. It felt like any generic, bland singleplayer with other people.
Why I stuck so long with (the then broken) Mortal was because the idea of a MMORPG that encourages interraction between players. Where NPC were bystanders and players (albeit many were dicks) shaped the world/economy/politics. The only other game that does this is EVE, but I want my medievial/fantasy setting!

Anyway, as I were saying, I'm interested to begin playing MO again but have some queries about the state of the game.

When playing most of my time was spent playing as a armor crafter+trader/courier. This ofcourse required a constant supply/demand to withold.
My questions are really.
* Does the game have enough players (EU time) to support a functioning market?
* How does the guild system work? Is it much the same with improvements or has it changed drastically? (Perhaps a link to existing guide could answer this question)
* Has the core mechanic of the game been changed? Is there any central trading system? I like to run around and risk my life to make a delivery, perhaps hire mercenaries for the task if needed.
* Is it still the same PVP system where Speed=everything? Most of my armor was made for PVP but no one wore boots on my mid set because of speed penalty. Hardly anyone except horseback riders wore the heavy stuff. This ofcourse hindered my crafting.
* Is the crafting still the same? (Sliders with boolean states, meaning min or max material. Nothing in between)
* If i start playing the F2P version, will I loose my skills or will the 100 skill levels just be counted as 60?

Thanks in advance!

bac0n

Hi Freakling,

What's up!

So Mortal Online is active at the moment; with the new patches coming out soon(ish) and fighting spreading across the map the economy is booming in-game, i guess that answers your first question?

There are mercenary guilds (such as OMNI) that can assist you risking your life running around to make a delivery. There is an auction house, but you need to get your goods to the respective towns AH before you can broker them there.

Heavy armour is viable; it was balanced by using a simple stamina regeneration penalty. Most fighters able to are wearing heavy armour sets or heavy armour pieces with a combination of lighter pieces.

About crafting I do not know; but skill in the lores effects end result and quality.

If you play as F2P you will only be playing utilising 60 skill points out of a possible 100. No one will buy gear made by a F2P crafter.

Come back to MO and bring your friends!

razhial

Can i hire omni to kill you?

@thread
Crafting seems to be the same (can't say for sure, cause kinda new).
But there are new craftable armor sets and there will be a new robe set soonish.
Crafting in this game is awesome in my opinion. there are so many materials and possibilities to mix up armor, focus different parts of the body etc., but that you seem to know already.

* Does the game have enough players (EU time) to support a functioning market?Is there any central trading system? I like to run around and risk my life to make a delivery, perhaps hire mercenaries for the task if needed.
There is a broker system now with buy and sell options. They are local only so trade is still localized. Though you can see what others are buying and selling in other towns. Which can be good to know if traveling with goods.

* How does the guild system work? Is it much the same with improvements or has it changed drastically? (Perhaps a link to existing guide could answer this question)
I dont know much here but I dont think there has been much changes to guilds other than TC type stuff. And UI type of things.

edit: Here is a link to current TC pdf.

* Has the core mechanic of the game been changed?
Still mostly the same I believe.

* Is it still the same PVP system where Speed=everything? Most of my armor was made for PVP but no one wore boots on my mid set because of speed penalty. Hardly anyone except horseback riders wore the heavy stuff. This ofcourse hindered my crafting.
One thing that changed here is that boots now make different sounds when walking. Though it seemed like I seen less people without boots even before this change. Heavy armor has also had multiple changes. There was a switch from mid to heavy armor at one point. And recently there was another change but heavy armor still seems to be used.

* Is the crafting still the same? (Sliders with boolean states, meaning min or max material. Nothing in between)
I think it is about the same. But there may be weight differences and such in between.

* If i start playing the F2P version, will I loose my skills or will the 100 skill levels just be counted as 60?
Your 100 will just be capped at 60. Then if go P2P caps are removed.

Thread starter #6

Freakling

Thanks!

F2P question was just to make sure I don't loose anything if i start up the game. I want to explore some before I commit :)

Sounds good. Might see you ingame soon then.

Btw, is Oghmium skillbook still near impossible to get?

Good to hear!

Honestly I dont even know the process to get the book. But I think it is still expensive.

Thread starter #8

Freakling

I may be exposing part of the secret but wth :)
It used to go something like this. Kill some big rockmonster boss, get a golden egg (or something), find a hidden trader hermit and sell the egg for the book.

We managed everything but rockmonster boss :p

Ah.. That sounds about right then :).

I had/have a house by that cave but there was no way I was going to mess with that guy.:eek:

Cearbhall

Exalted Member
I may be exposing part of the secret but wth :)
It used to go something like this. Kill some big rockmonster boss, get a golden egg (or something), find a hidden trader hermit and sell the egg for the book.

We managed everything but rockmonster boss :p
The price for Books are drastically lowered since people who behind balancing are idiots so you could farm kimuru with pets so ogh books are sold around 2000g per book instead of 5000g per book

Status
Not open for further replies.