QA Survey Poll: Handle Hits

How would you like to see handle hits changed?

• Leave them as they are.

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Lower damage by 10-25%

Votes: 47 18.7%
  • Lower damage by 25-50%

Votes: 113 45.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
These polls are only based on hot topics on the forum to see how well they reflects the threads.
And does NOT guarantee incoming changes, and should NOT be seen as indicators.
These poll topics are purely based on heavily discussed topics on the forum.

Kha-Ri

Honored Member
Baby steps.
Depends more on the whole mesh and hitbox collision, and animations, really.

Dsn

Honored Member
yea handle hits lower dmg in pvp but would not mess with it in pve.
would fix it by making handle hits only do blunt dmg(but things may have changed from last i seen it)...

a.out

Yep, hitboxes need be more precise first. The goal should be giving enough incentive (and actually make it possible) to hit with the weapon head.

Would also add in some Torque and Leverarm mechanics

Handle hits at the end of the weapon deal more damage than letsay hitting with the handle closer to the hand

Darran

You need to fix the hitboxes/tracers or the change will make a lot of weapons useless.

Just like the other thread, you are asking the right question but giving the wrong answer options IMO.

I love these kinds of polls, and SV should make many more of them so they could get the highly needed changes done faster, but then again seeing the answers here somehow makes me feel that SV is not truly aware of the actual issues. I might be wrong though and don't mean to be rude, but that's what it looks like based on the poll options.

eldrath

Tracers are essential to this, otherwise with the weapon with biggest non-handlehit tracer will become the new flavour of the month. Could someone do some testing to see what kind of damage handle hits currently do? Haven´t tested it in depth, but from combat experience the difference seem nearly unnoticeable to pre-sarducaa.

princereaper

Exalted Member
I did not vote because the handle hits can only be really handle hits if the weapons themselves actually work when you swing them.

Putting PVP aside the AI likes to get really really close to you and it kind of makes getting without doing a melee hit on foot pretty hard with certain large monsters; for example the wisent will always get up in your face and your kind of forced to walk back to try make some space between you and the wisent to even get a real hit in.

Also great job with these QA feedback posts but as long as its feedback on what SV wants hehe so I don't waste my time posting in here.

humble01

I loathe the ease and reward of using pole weapons in this game, but if I'm fair I would say that you need to work on the hitbox/tracers/animations instead, big time. This should be seen as a huge milestone patch and resources invested imo. Call it the Combat Patch or something.

princereaper

Exalted Member
I think one solution may be to make weapon heads larger on ones that seem to weapon hit quite a lot since I think this may be a issue with the heads of the weapon being so small.

Tyvark

Go back and spend the time fixing the weapon head hits on things like axes/maces and then make handle hits do damage like they did in the past.

RhodriTaliesin

Cronite Supporter
I think this forum has too many forum warriors looking to alter things in a predominantly negative way. Polls like this can never convey the whole truth, and seeing that the most popular option is to "Lower the damage of handle hits by 25-50%" I'd have to say that those voting that way are either unintelligent or deluded.

Without the increase in handle hit damage, axes and hammers wouldn't be viable simply because they have such stupidly large handle hit-boxes. The weapon heads are extremely difficult if not impossible to get clean strikes with a majority of the time.

A poll on this would be ridiculous to take since the mechanism behind the initial changes hasn't been altered or fixed. To revert now would be to take steps backwards in MO's development, which is NOT a good thing. We'd only force people back into Greatblade online which was not at all good for anyone.

Pantero

Me and my friend were duelling with the same handle. He hit for 1's with handle hits, while my prepatch handle hit for 30's.

I am wondering how, if new handle hits equal 1 damage, we can reduce handle hits damage any more?

Tyvark

Me and my friend were duelling with the same handle. He hit for 1's with handle hits, while my prepatch handle hit for 30's.

I am wondering how, if new handle hits equal 1 damage, we can reduce handle hits damage any more?
You're about as dumb as they come friend. Handle hits don't do 1 damage now.

Pantero

You're about as dumb as they come friend. Handle hits don't do 1 damage now.
Well we were duelling and his newly crafted handle was hitting for 1's and mine were hitting for 30's. So.

nasko

Lower damage by 10-25%

I would had voted "Lower damage by 25-50%" but the hitboxes need to be fixed first. I still think that the current handle hits do too much damage, so lowering them abit more would be good temporary fix. Lowering the damage now by 25-50% would not fix anything, it would make people roll back to 1h/2h/pole greatblades and the balance patch would not had achieved anything. Then when the hitboxes are fixed, the handle damage should be lowered to really low damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.