QA Survey Poll: Territory Control Structures

Which changes would you like to see to TC structures?

• Leave them as they are.

Votes: 47 17.8%
  • Make them easier to destroy.

Votes: 48 18.2%
  • Make them easier to destroy and cheaper to build.

Votes: 131 49.6%
  • Make them harder to destroy.

Votes: 38 14.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
These polls are only based on hot topics on the forum to see how well they reflect the threads.

They are NOT related to incoming changes, and should NOT be seen as indicators.

These poll topics are purely based on heavily discussed topics on the forum.

Dsn

Honored Member

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
Cheaper to build would mean to reduce the materials dramatically. The amount of required wood is very bad, especially in Sardcucaa.

But why do we spend thousands of gold and lots of materials and very much time to build a village, and now you change the system and some bad guys could destroy everything in one night easily?

Groenholdt

But why do we spend thousands of gold and lots of materials and very much time to build a village, and now you change the system and some bad guys could destroy everything in one night easily?
Or he wants to collect feedback ? :b

Darran

Doesn't need to be cheaper to destroy or build IMO. If it's cheaper/easier to destroy, what's the point of building and if it's cheaper/easier to build it will result in tons more getting built.

What needs to be done is adjusting where you can build what and making it so TC wont let you gain everything while sitting inside your walls. Adjust breeding grounds, mines and farms, and perhaps limit building walls to inside the keep radius.

marioch666

The problem is not in the HP or cost of the buildings, it is on walled auto mines and breeding grounds IMO

eldrath

Well I guess I would go with cheaper building and cheaper destruction. There is a lot more to TC balance, because looking at destruction you need to consider the amount of profit you can make by using TC with what kind of risk. Risk of destruction does not mean that making profit is completely safe. There needs to be middle ground of balance in risk for both the profit and the investment.

marioch666

The problem is not in the HP or cost of the buildings, it is on walled auto mines and breeding grounds IMO
And repair speed, but I don't want to create another thread about that... please.

marioch666

And repair speed, but I don't want to create another thread about that... please.
Oh, I almost forget, make stuff conquerable, it still seems pretty awful to have to destroy an asset to place it again in the same place.

Golgotha

Where is the...

"Have options to interact with TC structures other than destroy."

... in the poll.

Im all for making TC structures hard to blow up, as long as there are other options for those who wish to bypass, and those who wish to raid a village/town/area of control, rather than utter destruction.

Thread starter #11

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
Exactly, this is just a poll.
I'm planning on adding a few of these regarding hot topics on the forum to see how well these polls reflects the threads.

It's basically just info gathering on different topics, they are NOT related to incoming changes, but instead based on heavily discussed topics on the forum.

Golgotha

Exactly, this is just a poll.
I'm planning on adding a few of these regarding hot topics on the forum to see how well these polls reflects the threads.

It's basically just info gathering on different topics, they are NOT related to incoming changes, but instead based on heavily discussed topics on the forum.
Well, in that case... Ill cast my vote.

Thanks for the response. I do look forward to said possible incoming changes threads, started by SV or the moderation staff, for feedback.

eldrath

That´s a good point. Climbing, ladders, siege towers and raiding mechanics would be an interesting topic as well.

Anyway I appreciate you trying to stream line feedback. That´s the way to go.

Darran

That´s a good point. Climbing, ladders, siege towers and raiding mechanics would be an interesting topic as well.

Anyway I appreciate you trying to stream line feedback. That´s the way to go.

Ladders and siege towers would make it way too easy IMO, walls wouldn't protect you at all from the enemies.

However if they implemented it so that you can build the siege towers ONLY at your keep/guild house and you would have to drag them from there, it could be a fun mechanic that would bring more PvP.

Dhan

Honored Member
Ladders and siege towers would make it way too easy IMO, walls wouldn't protect you at all from the enemies.

However if they implemented it so that you can build the siege towers ONLY at your keep/guild house and you would have to drag them from there, it could be a fun mechanic that would bring more PvP.
Sounds like the opposite of fun to me.

Darran

Sounds like the opposite of fun to me.

For the attacker, might be. But giving people tools that make walls useless is opposite of fun too and makes building them pointless. They can't simply allow you to build ladders outside someones wall, ninja your players in and let them log off there or harass the people inside.

Dhan

Honored Member
For the attacker, might be. But giving people tools that make walls useless is opposite of fun too and makes building them pointless.
If conflict, danger, and pvp (forced or otherwise) is the opposite of fun to some people then this game is probably not the game for them. I'd probably recommend cities: skyline or sim city if they are looking for safe city building games.

Aralis

Champion of Nave
I don't think you should be the slightest bit effected by what the majority thinks. Stand by the SV vision and keep true. Read the forums to see if anyone has any ideas you think good. For god's sake don't let this be a democracy.

Also remember that stability is itself important. If you go around changing the rules on structures no one will dare do anything. City building requires planning and a long view.

Darran

If conflict, danger, and pvp (forced or otherwise) is the opposite of fun to some people then this game is probably not the game for them. I'd probably recommend cities: skyline or sim city if they are looking for safe city building games.

Ehh.. In that case there should also be conflict and danger for the attacker. Ladders would only reward the attacker and have no risk/reward for them. MO isn't an open PvP arena, and making easy access to someones keep/home would defeat the purpose of having one.

Dhan

Honored Member
Ehh.. In that case there should also be conflict and danger for the attacker. Ladders would only reward the attacker and have no risk/reward for them.
Of course there would be conflict and danger for the attacker. As soon as you start climbing over peoples walls they are gonna get angry and take it out on your guild. You can also be killed at any time while building because presumably, you wouldn't be within the safety of the walls. You could also make it so alert towers call out ladders, among other things. Seems like conflict and danger aplenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.