Raiding

Thread starter #1
Ladders
Guards and Gatekeepers drop gold from treasury
Lootable treasury as pickable chest

Enough decline, save your game from this stagnant hell.

#raidingpatch2019

For raiding to be any fun, they need to remove all ranged attacks from guards first ...

Yes Yes, im support this idea. i could solo siege tofu house from inside of their palli.

Thread starter #5
Yes Yes, im support this idea. i could solo siege tofu house from inside of their palli.
Not sure if this is meant as serious, perhaps you could explain how you'd accomplish this with a ladder, but be unable to because of a wall. I suppose skipping the step of taking out a single wall piece makes a huge difference to you?

Last edited:
Not sure if this is meant as serious, perhaps you could explain how you'd accomplish this with a ladder, but be unable to because of a wall. I suppose skipping the step of taking out a single wall piece makes a huge difference to you?
Do u really need explanation? This thread propositions are so stupid i cant imagine. Make guards not work at all, and give people ladders...
Only thing that comes to my mind after your changes going live is sieging pallisade from inside, so u wouldnt need more than one mang. Destroy house with mang, and capture rest of TC, than decon - would be my new scroach sieging tactics.
Great ideas , great ideas.

This would be easily fixed if you limit siege weapons to not being buildable inside a guildstone radius.

Thread starter #9
Do u really need explanation? This thread propositions are so stupid i cant imagine. Make guards not work at all, and give people ladders...
Only thing that comes to my mind after your changes going live is sieging pallisade from inside, so u wouldnt need more than one mang. Destroy house with mang, and capture rest of TC, than decon - would be my new scroach sieging tactics.
Great ideas , great ideas.
I'm going to try and help piece together this horribly constructed response, so for the others, bare with me:

You would use a ladder to climb over a wall
Bring with you a mang and boulders
Place a mang near a the guild house
Use the boulders necessary to destroy the guild house

The difference in this plan, and how it is now, is a wall. You have the mang, and boulders, but you would use fewer. That's what you can't imagine? Good thing I'm here.
Also, not sure what you mean by guards not working. Of course they should work, they should also become a vulnerability when spammed or left to do all of the work without player support.

In exchange for this relatively small change in siege tactics, this world comes alive again.

I'm going to try and help piece together this horribly constructed response, so for the others, bare with me:

You would use a ladder to climb over a wall
Bring with you a mang and boulders
Place a mang near a the guild house
Use the boulders necessary to destroy the guild house

The difference in this plan, and how it is now, is a wall. You have the mang, and boulders, but you would use fewer. That's what you can't imagine? Good thing I'm here.
Also, not sure what you mean by guards not working. Of course they should work, they should also become a vulnerability when spammed or left to do all of the work without player support.

In exchange for this relatively small change in siege tactics, this world comes alive again.
Your proposed change is not small. It change sieging tactics 180dagrees. Yes, this could lower the cost of sieging - so basicly the cost of ladder should be atleast a cost of a mang to compensate, or even couple of mangs. This idea is stupid in roots, so never gona happen.

PS. u can attack me about my bad english, but it doesnt make your idea better.

Thread starter #11
Your proposed change is not small. It change sieging tactics 180dagrees. Yes, this could lower the cost of sieging - so basicly the cost of ladder should be atleast a cost of a mang to compensate, or even couple of mangs. This idea is stupid in roots, so never gona happen.

PS. u can attack me about my bad english, but it doesnt make your idea better.
I like the suggestion about the cost of the ladder. So if a ladder costs the same as a mang, or even twice the cost of a mang, say 700 gold, you'd see less of a problem with it?

p.s. @arissarpl I'm not attacking your bad English. I'm not attacking you at all, actually. I'm describing the muddled mess of assumptions, unexplained ideas, and conclusions that your reactionary post contained. You see something you don't like, I'm trying to understand what that is. The point of this post is to help MO grow with a lively game and interesting daily and weekly PVP interactions, not ruin someone's life or be mean. I view this game as stagnant and way below it's potential, not to mention its former glory. I appreciate your input.

Last edited:
Thread starter #12
For raiding to be any fun, they need to remove all ranged attacks from guards first ...
I don't have a problem with fighting ranged guards. There needs to be something in it for the attacker, and some cost (that goes to the attacker in a full loot game) associated with their use.

I personally would prefer climbing skill and tools over a ladder. Something that would give individual characters the ability to get over a wall if they was prepared to do so.

Ideally something that factored in weight and also had some kind of game like component that required player skill and could lead to the raider falling if they did not perform it correctly. Something similar to lockpicking where the player may have to take multiple attempts before making it over. Though each failure would lead to damage depending on how far up they was when they fell.

But before any of this really can be considered there has to be some changes. First off pets would somehow have to be made not to be able to follow over the wall.

Second would be there needs to be more that the raider can do once over. There really is little that can be actually raided at this time other than killing players that happens to be active in there.

More TC has to be like farms where there is actually something that could be gained from it by a raider. Though this could possibly lead to more players thinking they have to have walls up to keep their TC safe.

Last edited:
Ladders in this game are not gona work. It could be good idea if you couldnt transport mangs or boulders throught them, but it would be impossible to check. There is no problem with people behind the walls, but with people at all. Low pop, lots of place to split it.

Thread starter #16
Ladders in this game are not gona work. It could be good idea if you couldnt transport mangs or boulders throught them.
So the concern is that boulders and mangs can be transported through a wall. I think this is a red herring. Currently, mangs and boulders can be transported through a wall, it just requires blowing a piece up first. So the question is really, how much should that cost, and how difficult should it be to get past a single wall.

I think there are two things to consider here. One is the bypassing of a wall for a siege. The other is raiding. I don't think most people would want to rely on a ladder as their point of entry for a 5 hour long siege.Especially if ladders are easily destroyed and costly. Having no way to bring in additional resources, fighters, boulders, etc., because the ladder gets taken out seems a foolish way to plan a protracted siege. Maybe you can say more here since that seems to be your interest and concern.

As for raiding i.e. attacking with no interest in sieging rather gaining entry to the palisade to murder and pillage, a ladder seems well suited. If this were a climbing skill, it could be balanced with primary skills and grappling hooks, etc. I have no specific concern about how that would be implemented, ideas like climbing, cost, materials, hps, etc. are all relevant and specific. What matters here is understanding in the big picture, how this game is lacking due to bad raid mechanics.

Last edited:
Looks like u dont know people playing this game. Ladders would be just another griefing tool. Just go inside small pallisade, blow up house because nobody will show up, and than just leave.

Thread starter #18
Looks like u dont know people playing this game. Ladders would be just another griefing tool. Just go inside small pallisade, blow up house because nobody will show up, and than just leave.
I understand the concern you have is around sieging of houses. Clearly, people can already blow up a house and then leave. I don't see that changing. You're worried that with ladders the siege will begin at the house, and people will not need to take out the wall. Making sieges potentially less expensive and easier. I get it.

Again, the cost of ladders is up for consideration. The HP of houses, keeps, and other structures is also variable. It does not need to be your worst case scenario. The exact amount of HP of a typical wall could be added to a maxed house or keep, keeping your ratio that you pressumably like exactly the same. What seems right to you?

The practical implications of taking out a wall to then siege a house means more mang and boulders. In exchange for that, the attacker gets full access to the palisade until the wall is replaced. I think that's an important difference for a siege that ladders do not provide.

The benefits of ladders goes beyond griefing, though I'm sure it will be used for that, like all tools they can be used as weapons. Disruption of expansion through small scale conflict, PVP fighting, banditry, access to content behind walls, infiltration, increased risk behind walls, a check on safety through gold expenditure, all enabled with ladders that are just currently very rare in the game. A stagnant hell. Maybe you decide not to siege the TOFU house because it's more fun to climb their palisade and fight with them over resources every few days. That seems like a win for everyone in a game like MO. What about this do you not like?

Last edited:

grendel

Ladders
Guards and Gatekeepers drop gold from treasury
Lootable treasury as pickable chest
ladders and loot from raiding. yes please. And a patch that make it impossible to call mounts though walls. Whats not to like?

Thread starter #20
I don't know if SV can make mounts not move though walls. It doesn't really matter.

We need a #raidpatch2019