Raiding

Ideally raiders that climb over walls would not be able to easily use siege equipment. Horses being able to follow over walls would make it far too easy for someone to do so.

However, they could probably make it where a player was unable to climb if they currently have a pet.

I don't have a problem with fighting ranged guards. There needs to be something in it for the attacker, and some cost (that goes to the attacker in a full loot game) associated with their use.
Maybe you decide not to siege the TOFU house because it's more fun to climb their palisade and fight with them over resources every few days. That seems like a win for everyone in a game like MO. What about this do you not like?
lmao have you ever come close to tofu pally? you'll get zeroed to full before you can even place ur ladder. At most you might stand a chance if theres no players around, but then it would just be a pve fest vs bugged guards, no fun in that. Forget about any kind of (fun) raiding with the current state of guards.

Ideally raiders that climb over walls would not be able to easily use siege equipment. Horses being able to follow over walls would make it far too easy for someone to do so.

However, they could probably make it where a player was unable to climb if they currently have a pet.
A player on the outside would still be able to send his pet to "attack" you, so you can loot it inside. Its probably better to just limit siege weapons to be unbuildable on another guild's stone radius.

A player on the outside would still be able to send his pet to "attack" you, so you can loot it inside. Its probably better to just limit siege weapons to be unbuildable on another guild's stone radius.
In a perfect world they would address this as well. But yeah.. What ever it takes. There is sure to be something that they could do to make it work.

Thread starter #25
No, I haven't been to ToFu paly. Sounds difficult. I'm sure you're up for the challenge if the reward is reasonable and matches the risk - guards dropping loot from treasury.

The concern over sieging a house using ladders is overblown. Its a distraction.

Looks like u dont know people playing this game. Ladders would be just another griefing tool. Just go inside small pallisade, blow up house because nobody will show up, and than just leave.
A mercenary placed on top will take down any griefers before they can say No :rolleyes:

There isn't really much Argument on this topic even though I appreciate we don't jump to Conclusion and make much Hassle about it .. well at least till something's or some one pay attention to it .... BTW walls and gates are Latterly the Worst thing that happened to game it will make some sense to find other ways to overcome it side to Normal Sieges just saying .

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
But before any of this really can be considered there has to be some changes. First off pets would somehow have to be made not to be able to follow over the wall.
This is one of the most important fixes at all I'm waiting for long years! With this patch ladders could be used to attack active players inside the walls but would not be useful for sieges.

Another nice use for ladders would be climbing cliffs and mountains or building wooden bridges when a ladder is layed above a gap.

I completely agree with what Sebastion said.
1) Pets mustn't be allowed to pass or get over walls in ANY case.
2) Climbing Skill would be quite cool, and you couldn't get boulders on ladders anyway because you shouldn't be able to climb if you're encumbered.

On the other hand, I don't think guards should drop loot from the treasury. I know they are cancerous, and they should definitely be changed, but if they'd drop loot on death it would just make it easier for big guilds to siege small guilds. I mean, imagine a guild of 5 active players build a palisade and all they can do to protect it is placing guards. Now, if they know everyone could get inside every 10 minutes and spamkill guards and drain their treasury they would just put less guards, making their palisade defenseless.Big guilds instead wouldn't be affected by this change because they would just place 30 guards so that you can't kill any of those anyway because they'd kill you faster, and even if you managed to kill some of the guards somehow, it wouldn't be a big loss for them.

Thread starter #30
Ladders don't need to effect sieges. There hp of a wall can be added to a house. It would be much easier to break a siege with ladders. I don't understand this concern at all.

Thread starter #31
I completely agree with what Sebastion said.
1) Pets mustn't be allowed to pass or get over walls in ANY case.
2) Climbing Skill would be quite cool, and you couldn't get boulders on ladders anyway because you shouldn't be able to climb if you're encumbered.

On the other hand, I don't think guards should drop loot from the treasury. I know they are cancerous, and they should definitely be changed, but if they'd drop loot on death it would just make it easier for big guilds to siege small guilds. I mean, imagine a guild of 5 active players build a palisade and all they can do to protect it is placing guards. Now, if they know everyone could get inside every 10 minutes and spamkill guards and drain their treasury they would just put less guards, making their palisade defenseless.Big guilds instead wouldn't be affected by this change because they would just place 30 guards so that you can't kill any of those anyway because they'd kill you faster, and even if you managed to kill some of the guards somehow, it wouldn't be a big loss for them.
Big fish always eat small fish. Gaurds dropping loot gives a way for small fish to fight back.

More concern over mounts accessing palisades, it's silly imo. Think it through.

Thread starter #32
I see two paths for MO TC

1. What we have now. Safety, low risk behind walls, low reward, risk comes from sieges, occasionally leaving walls, and upkeep monatony.
2. What we should have. Some risk behind walls, potentially high reward when mitigating risk, risk comes from raids, and sieges primarily for conquest.

Option 1 is a grindy stagnant hell wearing nearly everyone out with monotany, pve, NPCs, and grind. Conflict escaltes to siege as only option.
Option 2 is a lively faster paced game that is more fair, fun, and rewards activity, politics, and player interaction. Conflict occurs at all levels, sieging only as final blow or conquest.

MO will grow with option 2
We need option 2 #raidingpatch2019
Ladders
Guards drop loot from treasury
Treasury is pickable chest

Last edited:
I would go one farther still - If you capture a npc town, you get to raid all banks of everything stored there by all players new and old.

Thread starter #34
I would go one farther still - If you capture a npc town, you get to raid all banks of everything stored there by all players new and old.
I like it. Add perma-death and I'm totally down. It's important to avoid linear progression. Games like Ark, Rust, and DayZ have already led down this path to great success. I think it's too hardcore for MO ad SV though.

Last edited:
I like it. Add perma-death and I'm totally down. It's important to avoid linear progression. Games like Ark, Rust, and DayZ have already led down this path to great success. I think it's too hardcore for MO ad SV though.
Trouble with perma death, is there are a lot of bugs that kill you in MO, you can get stuck on a pebble and helplessly bounce while a mountain spider kills you or fall off that same pebble and take 879 fall damage or just fall through the world and drown

That and leveling skills like your ogh lore ore tapii lore take forever only to die from a bug would suck, in games like Rust and Dayz there are no skills to lose, and there is no perma death in Ark

I don't know about you but when I play Dayz and get all the top end equipment, I just delete the character and start over because the whole point of survival games is to fight to survive and when that becomes easy it also becomes boring

It actually is less hardcore in games like Dayz, Rust, and Ark as everything is easy to get in a day there really is no loss when you die and nothing to lose, nothing to keep you interested for any length of time

Thread starter #36
Trouble with perma death, is there are a lot of bugs that kill you in MO, you can get stuck on a pebble and helplessly bounce while a mountain spider kills you or fall off that same pebble and take 879 fall damage or just fall through the world and drown

That and leveling skills like your ogh lore ore tapii lore take forever only to die from a bug would suck, in games like Rust and Dayz there are no skills to lose, and there is no perma death in Ark

I don't know about you but when I play Dayz and get all the top end equipment, I just delete the character and start over because the whole point of survival games is to fight to survive and when that becomes easy it also becomes boring

It actually is less hardcore in games like Dayz, Rust, and Ark as everything is easy to get in a day there really is no loss when you die and nothing to lose, nothing to keep you interested for any length of time
All valid points. Though last time I played ark it was perma-death. The promise of losing and gaining based on infinite encounters with players is what keeps MO churning and exciting. Precisely why this suggetion is about raiding and not perma-death and full bank access. I think the mechanics of MO support raiding, back and forth small scale combat where winners stand to gain and losers stand to gain less within some controllable and limited assets.

Last edited:
Thread starter #38
Maybe. Only played like 20 hours on a PvP server. Game was boring as fuck.

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
Great idea! (sarcasm off)

All items of value will be stored on f2p accounts and players returning after weeks or months into the game finding their bank empty will call GMs and leave the game again because of the bugs and items disappearing.

I think you don't want to play MO but another game.

Speznat

Great idea! (sarcasm off)

All items of value will be stored on f2p accounts and players returning after weeks or months into the game finding their bank empty will call GMs and leave the game again because of the bugs and items disappearing.

I think you don't want to play MO but another game.
Im totally with xunila.

sry Ozymandias but that is the most stupid idea ive ever seen an ive seen people suggesting third person in Mortal. YOu are now the new number1 in ideas how to piss players off even more xD

anyway have a great day, ive also had some shit suggestions, think of other people too.