Realistic Stamina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorvald

Personally, I believe touching this system would be a mistake. In fact, I would say a big mistake.

I don't believe the system is perfect. I agree it could use some tweaking, but please work on other things first.

This is so far down on my MO issues list. I would focus on stamina last in a long list of changes, glitch fixes, lag issues, content, etc... so many other things that are way more important than changing the whole stamina system.

I could see more harm than good from this type of a change.

Personally, I believe touching this system would be a mistake. In fact, I would say a big mistake.

I don't believe the system is perfect. I agree it could use some tweaking, but please work on other things first.

This is so far down on my MO issues list. I would focus on stamina last in a long list of changes, glitch fixes, lag issues, content, etc... so many other things that are way more important than changing the whole stamina system.

I could see more harm than good from this type of a change.
nobody talked about priority

Thorvald

nobody talked about priority
The people stating stamina is an issue and would like it changed is their way of saying it is a priority to them and their gameplay. On the other hand, I am saying "its a good thing to consider, but please don't go spending too much time on it".

Priority is "something given special attention". Some people want special attention put on stamina illustrating their priorities.

The people stating stamina is an issue and would like it changed is their way of saying it is a priority to them and their gameplay. On the other hand, I am saying "its a good thing to consider, but please don't go spending too much time on it".

Priority is "something given special attention". Some people want special attention put on stamina illustrating their priorities.
I will rephrase :
it is an issue, and nobody told to put it on top of the stack
nobody told to get that before more important stuff
its merely suggestions to get them thinking ont it while working on other stuff

again i answer to your : "its a mistake because you need to work on more important stuff before"

here's what i thought when i read the op:
someone is fighting someone else with nearly exhausted stam when 2 others show up. instinct is to run. he starts to run, but he can't go too far because his stamina is completely depleted and regens super slow. so while he attempts to make a half-assed attempt at fleeing, it becomes shadowboxxer theater filled with constant stam-outs until he's pathetically annihilated and consequently tea-bagged for hours.

3 things i thought of to remedy this:
1. introduce a needlessly complicated animation speed mechanic that works alongside the stamina system that instead reduces animation/movement speed based on stamina level instead of causing players to immediately stop what they're doing.

2. implement the system but increase stam regen rate when stamina reserves fall below a certain point and also require a specific amount of stamina reserves to be present to swing/pull out weapon.

3. ban shadowboxxer

Swinging doesn't cost any stamina unless you are sprinting, so yes you can swing but you can't move so you won't hit anyone.

The only way I would agree to less stamina regen as a fighter (regardless of how much bigger the pool is made) is if we can move as fast as we normally can in combat mode.
well for archers spilting the stampool woud make a big diff... try walking with one pulled... you will depleat your stam in about 30 sec and if your stupid and have to sprint you have about 8 secs... where on the other hand you can run with a polesword pulled back forever..

Thread starter #49

Diphling

The Desperado
well for archers spilting the stampool woud make a big diff... try walking with one pulled... you will depleat your stam in about 30 sec and if your stupid and have to sprint you have about 8 secs... where on the other hand you can run with a polesword pulled back forever..

Incarnadine

As much as I hate to agree with a necro post... it is true. It's a little silly the time difference between a pulled arrow and a pulled pole while sprinting/moving.

you must be into necrophilia

Bernajo

Exalted Member
it becomes shadowboxxer theater filled with constant stam-outs until he's pathetically annihilated and consequently tea-bagged for hours.
LMAO, it was so worth it just to catch this "hidden gem"

Status
Not open for further replies.