Remove TC Guards

Remove all tc guards from the game?

• Total voters
Thread starter #1
Its easy enough to defend against sieges now with fire arrows and elementalism, why should there be aimbotting guards that you can spam as well? One of the main reasons sieges are so aids is because you have to deal with this trash AI, shooting thru walls, going invisible, etc. And honestly unless MO is bought by a company with lots of $$$ they will never be able to fix it. Look at MR, they removed all AI and the game is 10x more fun than MO.

That's my boy :cool: yes, make our job more eazzzzzy and less Painful ;)

Last edited:
for real. u need that snowball rolling for very long time to gather more people to be able to destroy my place. removing bushes is not enought ?

Thread starter #5
for real. u need that snowball rolling for very long time to gather more people to be able to destroy my place. removing bushes is not enought ?
nobody can siege anything in this game with enough guards. How many times u guys fail to destroy axis? or any well defended tc, u can only siege module 1 house or unbuilt keep...

nobody can siege anything in this game with enough guards. How many times u guys fail to destroy axis? or any well defended tc, u can only siege module 1 house or unbuilt keep...
ID had tons of guards, yet all their keeps were sieged down both in Myrland and Sarducca, so its not that nobody can siege down place's with guards, its just you and yours can't or are simple to lazy to put in the work and planning needed.

AXIS hasn't been sieged yet, 1 or 2 mangs dropped on it, but not sieged yet

Thread starter #7
ID had tons of guards, yet all their keeps were sieged down both in Myrland and Sarducca, so its not that nobody can siege down place's with guards, its just you and yours can't or are simple to lazy to put in the work and planning needed.

AXIS hasn't been sieged yet, 1 or 2 mangs dropped on it, but not sieged yet
lol I guess ur just lazy too then. Name 1 well defended asset u guys have succesfully sieged in this war yet, ill be waiting...

and ID keep was only sieged cuz a spy opened the keep doors, not even sure if fire arrows were buffed back then and there was no elementalism.

I would rather see changes to walls and guards than removal.

Guards should have a place so it is possible for players to build open towns similar to NPC towns.

Dalacor

I agree, remove guards as they are a buggy OP mess. IMO if a guild cant defend their assets then why should they be able to pay NPCs to do it.

Thread starter #10
I would rather see changes to walls and guards than removal.

Guards should have a place so it is possible for players to build open towns similar to NPC towns.
we have enough npc towns imo, if anything they should remove some

lol I guess ur just lazy too then. Name 1 well defended asset u guys have succesfully sieged in this war yet, ill be waiting...

and ID keep was only sieged cuz a spy opened the keep doors, not even sure if fire arrows were buffed back then and there was no elementalism.
That was the first war were they lost 1 keep, the war were they lost all their keeps and eliminated it was already patch that you can't open a locked door from the inside, where the fuck have you been, talk about clueless

If you haven't a clue what you are talking about maybe you should stay out of the conversation and stop suggesting shit you know nothing about

Thread starter #12
That was the first war were they lost 1 keep, the war were they lost all their keeps and eliminated it was already patch that you can't open a locked door from the inside, where the fuck have you been, talk about clueless

If you haven't a clue what you are talking about maybe you should stay out of the conversation and stop suggesting shit you know nothing about
still waiting....

Teknique

Trial Member
Something about the interaction between TC guards, fire arrows, elementalism and siege mechanics is definitely broken.

Yes I can say that siegeing ROAR a 3 man guild for example with a 30 man guild was and remains to be incredibly difficult for us. Axis is another good example that you brought up.

I think a major difference people forget about is the Aralis patch made pets unable to target people on walls with ease and no spiderqueen pull. It wasn't the best system in the world but the alternative isn't a bed of roses either.

I do apologize that manflayer is often incapable of stating things objectively as he really isn't too unpleasant of a bloke.

we were able to inflict quite a bit of damage on Roar but it was a painful process, axis was always a tough cookie to crack but we weren't winning the fights either and fall keep got defended by a single elementalist with no exaggeration

Thread starter #14
Something about the interaction between TC guards, fire arrows, elementalism and siege mechanics is definitely broken.

Yes I can say that siegeing ROAR a 3 man guild for example with a 30 man guild was and remains to be incredibly difficult for us. Axis is another good example that you brought up.

I think a major difference people forget about is the Aralis patch made pets unable to target people on walls with ease and no spiderqueen pull. It wasn't the best system in the world but the alternative isn't a bed of roses either.

I do apologize that manflayer is often incapable of stating things objectively as he really isn't too unpleasant of a bloke.

we were able to inflict quite a bit of damage on Roar but it was a painful process, axis was always a tough cookie to crack but we weren't winning the fights either and fall keep got defended by a single elementalist with no exaggeration
This wall fighting meta is definetly cancer and doubt its much fun to anyone. It forces ppl to ninja siege because its the only time u have a chance really. I dont even show up to sieges anymore since theres very little chance of a good fight.

Not sure what could be done to fix it, maybe add siege towers? You would still get aimbotted by guards tho, so they gotta remove those too.

A better thing would be to have guards working a bit like the undeads on the Undead island. Decent damage,but not op. They could be a lot of footies slowly walking and while dealing with one would be easy they could still put a decent ammount of resistance with a group. No super op ranged attack. just go to the undead island, pack like 8 or 10 tindremic walkers, you will see they kick asses and do their job.
this would make fighting guard more fun in itself, can solve the issue of stupid super op guards shooting trought walls, would not be that hard to add . having maybe 1 archer guards here and here shooting like veterans bandits. but nothing much more powerfull. Players should handle most of this content/events happening ,regardless of being afk or whatever.
On that matter, In rust,you can get killed while beeing offline. It does not prevent people from playing and log out to go do IRL things.

Don't apologizing its a sign of weakness.

Though since you are Canadian and can't help yourself but to apologize, so you get a pass.

You obviously have missed a lot of sieges, as the last time RPK! sieged ROAR/SaltyJJ, it was as easy as pie, we only went in to destroy their requiems, but could of easily gone for the keep if had the logistics been set up to go beyond the objective and nothing even approaching a full scale siege has been attempted on AXIS beyond a mang or two.

I would know this and you would not.

Last edited:
Don't apologizing its a sign of weakness.

Though since you are Canadian and can't help yourself but to apologize, so you get a pass.

You obviously have missed a lot of sieges, as the last time RPK! sieged ROAR/SaltyJJ, it was as easy as pie, we only went in to destroy their requiems, but could of easily gone for the keep if had the logistics been set up to go beyond the objective and nothing even approaching a full scale siege has been attempted on AXIS beyond a mang or two.

I would know this and you would not.
Too bad the boys at the top won't let you leave the keep with 2-3x numbers

I had a thought about TC Guards a while ago, and how they most likely won't be removed, but came up with an idea.

TC guards will not spawn unless you provide gear for them, on death the guards drop the gear. Differing tiers of guards will only be able to be geared with specific items. For example;

- Basic Guards will only be able to be geared with scales and bone armor, with basic material weapons. Higher tier guards will be able to use metal armors and higher tier material weapons.
- Mage guards will be restricted to leather and scales - Have to provide reagents too.

This would add a risk vs reward aspect to having TC guards. You want guards, then you have to provide more than just a small daily upkeep, you have to actually invest materials - but risk them being farmed or losing high tier weapons and armor if you want to use them for siege defense.

Would help economy too, by putting all those excess materials people have into something, rather than sitting in your bank for months/years.

I had a thought about TC Guards a while ago, and how they most likely won't be removed, but came up with an idea.

TC guards will not spawn unless you provide gear for them, on death the guards drop the gear. Differing tiers of guards will only be able to be geared with specific items. For example;

- Basic Guards will only be able to be geared with scales and bone armor, with basic material weapons. Higher tier guards will be able to use metal armors and higher tier material weapons.
- Mage guards will be restricted to leather and scales - Have to provide reagents too.

This would add a risk vs reward aspect to having TC guards. You want guards, then you have to provide more than just a small daily upkeep, you have to actually invest materials - but risk them being farmed or losing high tier weapons and armor if you want to use them for siege defense.

Would help economy too, by putting all those excess materials people have into something, rather than sitting in your bank for months/years.
yes thats cool , i recall suggesting similar stuff. you would need to actively supply things in a patrol post or similar asset ,and provide ressources. You would need to add food to keep them max hp, steel or better so they have decent weapons. I see the system a bit like you pick up gear and loadout in a warhammer game. You have point ,lets say a pool of 100 points. a powerfull guard will cost 20, a trash one 5. You can pick 5 powerfull ,or20 trashes with your 100points. It would requiert true management of your guards. If you get sieged and did not give themenought ressources ,so guards would just stop spawning.
But it does not prevent the issue the devs are unable to fix if they keep the same guards. Aka : shooting trought walls,sometimes shooting from an unbelievable range for Mercenaries mages ,and such