Requests to Reset Murder Counts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyde

Honored Member
The only issue I can think of is people duping thousands of heads, but you can say that about anything.

jether

I mean the NPC bandits, not killing other red players. And if their friends want to help them farm 30-50 bandit heads per MC, then that's fine by me. It will still leave a tangible impact on both players, as they are essentially farming for no gold gain, and that would grate on the nerves a bit.
I see what you mean, i secretly always wanted an official bounty system but ive seen it abused in games by just having friends claim the bounties.

Cyde

Honored Member
I see what you mean, i secretly always wanted an official bounty system but ive seen it abused in games by just having friends claim the bounties.
We did have a bounty system in place in 2010/2011 but it was never very popular even though it worked and then the owner of the website quit to work on Embers of Caerus :(

jether

I did discuss with Henrik once what his views on expanding the Arena would include. There were some ideas spitballed back and forth, like queuing and gambling and whatnot. If I dug around for it, I might be able to find some quotes.

Then you'll have a distinction of PvPers and roaming murderers and bandits who just can't face up to the consequences.

Rhodri: Oh I do have a question concerning SV's intent.
Rhodri: Uh, what exactly is the plan for the Tindremic Colosseum?
Rhodri: The Arena is kinda underutilized, and last I checked there were TONS of unused tunnels and assets underneath it just by clipping my camera through a door.
Henrik Nyström: colosseum? ah arena
Rhodri: For miles.
Henrik Nyström: yeah, well we have a designed system for some nice feature when it comes to setting up events and fights including bets and auto ladder systems to prove ones might in pve and pvp and teams
Henrik Nyström: but since so much of our core didnt work we had to put it all on pause till the game worked
Henrik Nyström: sadly stealing from more fun feeatures etc
Rhodri: Is there perhaps a redesign of the arena in mind that might allow for spectators without the lame griefing action of having people jump in from the stands?
Henrik Nyström: but we are pretty much back from core development now
Henrik Nyström: yeah we plan to allow for an audience to watch without being able to interfere
This i want this!!

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
I didn't say easy, I said easier. It would take me 2 years ingame to return to blue. While I don't want to trivialize it, perhaps involve some other options where some form of hard work dedicated to repentance will reward you with a shorter time to decrease, rather than you simply afking as a ghost somewhere.

I did not know about /droploot, that's good. Perhaps there is room to refine it further with my ideas? Or perhaps those ideas would be superfluous when combined with other listed changes.

I also think many places should be lawless, but not low risk areas designed for newbies. imo there should be a considerable area of low risk low reward land where blues are considered "safe" and murderers can roam killing the newbies and striking fear into the general populace.
You could always re-roll. I'm sure you could arrange the asset transfer, and it would take less time than going blue with the character you've got.

Status
Not open for further replies.