Risar Tents and NPC Buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Golgotha

Over the last bit I have seen quite a few Risar tents pop up around Meduli. Always seem to be Risar about, like spawners. Quite nice.

What isnt nice, or rather, is sort of lame about the tents is that they can be hit with arrows. For pretty good damage as well.

Last night there were three tents which spawned outside of Meduli. WIth my bow, shooting at tent rendering range I was able to take all three down within a matter of minutes... alone.

My bows did 50-60 each hit. Could hit the tents from mass range. No way of having the tents be defended, since Im sure no Risar near the tent had any clue I was around (since well, I wasnt). No stam use while standing, and a shot every few seconds.

note... this is a 70 headshot bow for damage comparisons...

Tent down... Next...

Now, my suggesstion. Make it so only when imbued with fire do arrows hurt structures (like all the structures in the rest of the game but for some reason not when it comes to tents/spawners) or GREATLY reduced damage when it comes to pure pierce damage.. Having the ability to destroy the tents is a need, but making it so easy for an archer is kind of lame...

Dhan

Honored Member
This has to do with certain structures not actually being structures, but being creatures instead. Which explains why you can hit a campfire or a message board and deal torso damage. It's just a quick workaround so that you don't actually have to make them structures.

Thread starter #3

Golgotha

or GREATLY reduced damage when it comes to pure pierce damage..
So, as noted... maybe just change the pierce damage reduction to help eliminate this, it would add in the need to get close to actually hit it with slash and or blunt (blunt arrows:eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.