Sarducaa Development Update 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Finally, I find out to what degree my generational RP backstory doesn't match the Lore. It's so much less fun that way.

It's still to be applauded for its comparative wealth of detail, confusing as some of it gets:
Not more than five generations ago... * * * No one heard from them for many days until a carriage dragged by a mule came back. The bodies were beaten and mutilated almost beyond recognition and the little girl whom the saddler loved lay on top of the pile. Her blue lifeless eyes pierced his soul as he lifted her off the carriage and carried her slowly through the settlement and out to the open desert.
... <something about "Kallards in the woodpile" goes here>

Generations generally taking about twenty years, this was 'after the Conflux' (Cf. a recent statement by Henrik re the Conflux being ~271 years ago.)

Rev

It all looks so empty... I think SV should add wagons or some kind of carriages or something so that a group of people can travel together at the same speed and quickly. (Without forcing people to go mounted combat everywhere)
Or Molva Bus! Cmon SV... pls pls pls...

Tuhtram

Silver Supporter
That art... I've only gotten past the first paragraph but that art is really great, jeeze.

Thread starter #6

Golgotha

Are they genna fix current bugs and fix current terrain bugs? and unreachable TC towers?
Yes? Is this a trick question for me?

Or is your inner rebel coming out in a rhetoric fashion, just directed at me since I made the OP?

Tuhtram

Silver Supporter
I'm extremely intrigued... the mob quality is much higher than those on Myrland. Look at this beautiful thing and the ground around them.

If only. I like Ibn Kazar's rings a lot though, fancy.

I want some rings like that in-game, but I guess that'd require clothes first. :oops: I hope there going to be some clothes on Sarducaa.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
I'm extremely intrigued... the mob quality is much higher than those on Myrland. Look at this beautiful thing and the ground around them.

I want some rings like that in-game, but I guess that'd require clothes first. :oops: I hope there going to be some clothes on Sarducaa.
I ache for everyone who used to make jokes about "kissing rings" yet did not stay to see this illustration. <many bad jokes redacted, here>

The jungle part is the thing I'm most interested in (together with the AI update). But I don't like what I see so far. The textures and the object are nice. But I think there should be some kind of bushes like in the current jungle (but not that big). I think the special thing about fighting in the jungle is that there are a lot of places to hide. Also the jungle is nice to set up ambushes. And currently I can't see this in this picture. It's too open and the objects aren't high enought to hide behind them.

Aezreal

Arena Champion
That jungle picture made me think of world of warcraft mists of pandaria. That's not what I expected to feel.

Tuhtram

Silver Supporter
That jungle picture made me think of world of warcraft mists of pandaria. That's not what I expected to feel.
I don't see how you got that impression. At all.

Thread starter #12

Golgotha

I do hope for a more dense jungle in some parts than what is shown in the pic. Deep dark places where the sun doesnt shine...

Jewelrycrafting and use of gemstones would be a most excellent addition.. someday SV?
And I agree, the mob and textures look awesome.

On the programmer side we are starting to see UI fixes coming in from the new dedicated UI guy and we hope that we can solve most of the UI issues before the patch.
Apart from that most of the time right now for the programmers is spent fixing new bugs from the test server reported by the QA but also old things that have been floating around in the bug tracker.

OMFG SV, please please please please!!!!

Darran

It's an old mob and same quality as myrland ones I think (doesn't look like they have remade it)

Posted by their art guy in 2011 or 2012:

Tuhtram

Silver Supporter
I do hope for a more dense jungle in some parts than what is shown in the pic. Deep dark places where the sun doesnt shine...
Agreed, could be better in that regard. Even the sunlit places should be a bit more dense if it's truly a "jungle".

Tuhtram

Silver Supporter
It's an old mob and same quality as myrland ones I think (doesn't look like they have remade it)

Posted by their art guy in 2011 or 2012:

I do remember Mats saying that MO's textures aren't what they could be. I wonder if that quality change looking at Sarducaa is what he was talking about??

Also what the hell, we don't have half of these! Always wondered where the milk in-game came from, now I see that udder beast up there exists.

Darran

I do remember Mats saying that MO's textures aren't what they could be. I wonder if that quality change looking at Sarducaa is what he was talking about??

Also what the hell, we don't have half of these! Always wondered where the milk in-game came from, now I see that udder beast up there exists.

I think they have these in the engine but just not used in the game atm

I loved the lore. Got to agree with everyone else, I hope we get to see denser jungle in Sarducaa.

Also, that chest in the third screenshot is way too conspicuous. Unless it's surrounded by some quicksands or something.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Agreed, could be better in that regard. Even the sunlit places should be a bit more dense if it's truly a "jungle".
Especially the sunlit places. Those are the first to fill in with brush when they open up. Tall trees that form a canopy actually thin out some of the undergrowth.

Status
Not open for further replies.