Sarducca map and Mount traits

Thread starter #1

Viscount

As a returning player, I have some very basic questions regarding updates within the past couple years. In the past, I've refrained from asking questions on the forum. But today I'll give it a shot!

Sarducca
I haven't yet explored this continent! (Sad, I know). Besides a crude drawing, I can't seem to find a map of the continent. Is there a map of Sarducca lurking around? Is it possible for guilds to own regions of the continent? Finally, what are your impressions of player activity in Sarducca (somewhat busy compared to Myrland or dead?)

Mount traits
After recently acquiring the inspect skill (previously obtainable only via very difficult procedure involving scary demons), I notice several horses with traits such as
"Exceptional" or
"Thick skinned".

I cannot find info anywhere on the forums regarding these specific traits.
How common are these qualities? Is there any info on them? What are your thoughts reading them?

Thanks!

mount traits were added some time ago, its a randomized occurance as far as i know, modifying particular stats. dont believe it was ever compiled anywhere.

you can use mortalonlinemaps.info? its a terrain map ive used as a go to to get a general idea of 'ducca. player base is rather small? atleast compared to myrland, but thats also because there are huge stretches of nothing and only 2 npc towns and scattered TC. its a pain to navigate on foot, so def get mounted lol. and in terms of owning regions, i reckon its like myrland TC, with control towers designating ownage of area. err, if it has keep areas. im not the most knowledgable with TC things. just that ive seen houses and pallis there

also, we lost like 2-3 years of the forum recently, thats why it seems like we have a lot of things/info missing here.

Thanks for your replies!!
You've helped me get up to speed greatly.

Wow. I realized something happened with the forums. But did we lost actual content without recovery?
yeah, there was a breech and basicalyl they burned the current data and used a back up which ended up 2015 something. so from then to like 2018july, everything was gone. sad too because there were a TON of info,suggestions and plans lost. specially sine 2016 or so SV did a lot better in responding to the forums and discussing plans and development stuff.

at most, some people saved pages and sit on some info that they had outside of the forums. but after that shock and feeling of loss, most dont have the time anymore or will to reupload everything. thats also kinda why there is such a drop in players. we were somewhat getting to a pretty decent pop for a while. bakti used to get attacked by reds 3-5 times for a while, and we would actually have players there to fight 5-8 or something. fun times. XD

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
Use https://www.mortalonlinemap.info/ and move the map to the right, then you will see Sarducaa on the left. The map is wrong at a number of locations especially at the south coast. There are only two ways into the jungle: A ramp in the area of the very large stonewood tree which you can see when entering the continent. And from Belrim along the coast to the north. The map does not show all the mountain cliffs with no way up or down.

Btw there are four NPC cities in Sarducaa.

Sarducca
I haven't yet explored this continent! (Sad, I know). Besides a crude drawing, I can't seem to find a map of the continent. Is there a map of Sarducca lurking around?
Here you go.

6ACA2E2B-2EA1-4748-8AF9-1E45C261BAC8.png

But seriously, there are quite a few maps drawn by some really good cartographers in the community. Check out this thread: https://www.starvault.se/mortalforums/threads/sarducaa-map.116998/
Finally, what are your impressions of player activity in Sarducca (somewhat busy compared to Myrland or dead?)
Player activity in Sarducaa is sporadic at best, compared to Myrland, due to the heat spikes which effectively force travellers to change into lighter armours that are less susceptible to roasting the wearer alive. Also, because of the vastly different wildlife many take to mounted archery which is almost a necessity there. You will understand once you set foot on the continent and travel further into the desert dunes — Watch your step, avoid anything odd sticking out of the sand.

Also, if you die in Sarducaa you’ll be miles away from your loot bag so the moment you resurrect you’ll need to make a mad dash for it before it disappears. In cases where you end up in the jungle and your loot bag is somewhere in the desert, it’s by and large a forgone conclusion.

The priests are far and few in between.

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
There could be more public priests placed by guilds than real NPC priests. During the first year in Sarducaa one could port to next shrine just after crossing the bridge to get out in Beth Jedda, but meanwhile the next shrine changes from time to time, e.g. has been at the stonewood keep for several month.

Four cities: Aur is like Kranesh.

There are some inactive locations that do have vendors and special books and trades - roaming vendors too u love them fear not probably your time in sarducca will be the best time u ever have ... It is true I don't pay attention to sarducca I only visited it 5 - 6 times but the land is good and wonderfully beautiful though i still on my opinion that the sarducca released was too soon than the right time .