Shades need to be looked at

Thread starter #1

SOAKED

... (because they're usually impossible to see even when they're attacking you, get it?)

yeah the shades small and difficult to see model + ranged AI is a problem when its hitting 60s through ogh armor, that's the TL;DR here.

hey @Sebastian Persson ik things are probably pretty busy right now but if you get a chance could you look at an increasingly glaring balance issue here:

basically theres some shade recipes that are pretty problematic in PvP right now. They are shades with ranged attacks that deal high damage and ignore armor. I just want to bring up the precedent when it comes to pets like these such as demon bats or weakspot-deathknights which is that they lack enough counterplay to feel fair in PvP. These shades are hitting for 50-60's to players that are in the highest tiers of armor while being unfairly difficult to target due to the ranged ai plus small and difficult to see model they seem to have, very similar to demon bats but with even higher damage... They are basically weakspot deathknights but harder to hit. The ranged AI issue I'm talking about is the way that the owner is able to set the shade to attack a target and then call it back repeatedly, basically allowing them to nuke damage on someone and then have the shade teleport away only to do it again.

shade.png

[Ely]Crewe hit for 64 damage while wearing oghmium armor..... from a ranged pet that cant be blocked o_O

Shades need to be changed so that they can be useful in some other way, its just wrong to have ranged attacks ignoring armor with such high damage and we have already seen this in the past. After bow DKs were nerfed people have found sword deathknights are really strong in PvP but they at least have some counterplay, they can be kited(barely) or blocked or diseased. You can't even look at a shade for long enough to cast a disease on it or do anything really before it floats under the ground or just disappears. Most of the time when you get hit for 60 damage from one of these things you look around 360 and its nowhere to be seen. It's bad.

Please fix these things, make them bigger or less teleporty by changing the way they are controlled so people cant spam them back and fourth, for fucks sake dont let them hit through armor tc guards are bad enough.

Last edited:
You guys are just trash. Get a long bow and u hit shades for 50+ sledges hit shades for 100+. Shades made to do this have a max of 300 hp. Use an ogh pole u can 3-4 shot the thing.

You guys are just trash. Get a long bow and u hit shades for 50+ sledges hit shades for 100+. Shades made to do this have a max of 300 hp. Use an ogh pole u can 3-4 shot the thing.
If pet owner have brain pet owner dont let them die lmafo

Thread starter #8

SOAKED

i guess im trash but at least I don't have a reading disability.

The owner just calls the shade repeatedly so it goes through the ground, you think you can hit it with a sledge?

Lolk

Koas your just a whiner you whine about everything. You guys have 5 dks and 1 shade that fight, we had 1 dk and 1 shade and you guys had 10 more people then us. cry more kid.
i guess im trash but at least I don't have a reading disability.

The owner just calls the shade repeatedly so it goes through the ground, you think you can hit it with a sledge?

Lolk

Thread starter #10
Koas your just a whiner you whine about everything. You guys have 5 dks and 1 shade that fight, we had 1 dk and 1 shade and you guys had 10 more people then us.
I just want to bring up the precedent when it comes to pets like these such as demon bats or weakspot-deathknights which is that they lack enough counterplay to feel fair in PvP.
dispute this, I'm right and you know it.

oh and btw you should stop taking this off topic and talking about 1 fight earlier, these things have been a problem for months clearly take a look at Sneeze video above.

i posted the same thing in the thread before when he was whining on the forums about them before the new forums where made. Just because your build sucks against something doesnt meant it needs to be nerfed. MA or a MC dumpster shades. End Of thread.

Thread starter #12
i posted the same thing in the thread before when he was whining on the forums about them before the new forums where made. Just because your build sucks against something doesnt meant it needs to be nerfed. MA or a MC dumpster shades. End Of thread.
what. so since what you said first made no sense now you're saying MA/MC is the counter??? well its not, you're just saying it is because apparently you like crutching on broken pets I guess. bad look if you ask me.

not end of thread?

Here ill break it down for you since your too stupid to understand. Every build in this game has a counter. Certain builds are direct counters to others. Shades direct counter are mounted character or charcters that usehigh str bows. I rarely play a nerco i use my Footfighter with archery support or my mounted MA/MC and i have 0 issue fighting Dk and shade users. A foot fighter's Direct counter are magic users. A Magic users Direct Counter is a Bow user. Just because your builds direct counter is a Magic user doesnt mean it needs to be nerfed. There is also this nice spell called unnerve you might want to look up. But sure keep your head in the sand and whine more kid.

Last edited:

yurilai

best part is , it is hard to see when he melee attack

Thread starter #15
Here ill break it down for you since your too stupid to understand. Every build in this game has a counter. Certain builds are direct counters to others. Shades direct counter are mounted character or charcters that usehigh str bows. I rarely play a nerco i use my Footfighter with archery support or my mounted MA/MC and i have 0 issue fighting Dk and shade users. A foot fighter's Direct counter are magic users. A Magic users Direct Counter is a Bow user. Just because your build direct counter is a Magic user doesnt mean it needs to be nerfed. There is also this nice spell called unnerve you might want to look up. But sure keep your head in the sand and whine more kid.
wish you could actually refute the point of this thread instead of going off topic and resorting to ad hom attacks, kindof makes it look like you don't really believe what you're saying and just want to keep abusing pets that ruin pvp.

This talk about "direct counters" is pure nonsense, the game isn't designed that way at all you're just talking out of your ass looking like a fool. You can't seem to decide what the counter is because even by your own dumb argument theres no counter to a pet with ranged attacks that can hardly be targetted because of its AI being abused.

wish you could actually refute the point of this thread instead of going off topic and resorting to ad hom attacks, kindof makes it look like you don't really believe what you're saying and just want to keep abusing pets that ruin pvp.

This talk about "direct counters" is pure nonsense, the game isn't designed that way at all you're just talking out of your ass looking like a fool. You can't seem to decide what the counter is because even by your own dumb argument theres no counter to a pet with ranged attacks that can hardly be targetted because of its AI being abused.
Bad ppl dont know what they are talking about....

The "you can kill shades fast so they are balanced" arguement doesnt work. Thats not fun gameplay. A pet shouldnt be able to be told to attack and solo a player easily. We dont need fast time to kills. In MO you can invest a ton of time into gear and finding these fights, if you die in 5 seconds its not even worth logging in.

And nerf DK

Ignored most of the thread, but these things can easily hit over 100. 300hp is still quite a bit, and actually trying to hit a shade is just stupid. The things are fast as fuck, bug through the ground, and there's no way of mitigating or avoiding the damage, theres also not even an animation on the thing, so how the hell am i supposed to know if its even attacking me or something else. Pets in general are just dumb and aidsy, for both pve and pvp. In the sense of pve, pets just make everything downie easy. Personally id like to see more high tier mobs that require actual teamwork and effort, not smashing a mob while a pet takes aggro, but thats just me i guess.

Teknique

Every magic school has added terminal cancer, should revert all of it except the non-pet portion of necro.

Spiritism- perhaps the most insidious aids ever devised (talking planetwide here).

Animal mag- Some super grindy but super OP bullshit, pure retarded

Elementalism- Could be cool but grindy and either OP or useless. Glacial shard is cool you shouldn't have to step foot in the sator dungeon for this crap though.

If they announce another magic school, i'll promise right here that i'll quit

Last edited: