Skill based PVP

Thread starter #1
I collected some of my PVP highlights in the last few days.
Contains mounteds with trillion life, fist weapons and daggers hitting für 70, no stamina bows and of cause some guards. Enjoy!
And yes, I'm mad!

You think no stamina bows are bad, well bows are completely broken, you don't have to completely pull the arrow in order to do decent damage, you can fire arrows from under the water while diving and can kill a target in the water with a bow while swimming after him faster than when using a decent pet

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
You think no stamina bows are bad, well bows are completely broken, you don't have to completely pull the arrow in order to do decent damage, you can fire arrows from under the water while diving and can kill a target in the water with a bow while swimming after him faster than when using a decent pet
I think you need to update your fact database. :)

Thread starter #7
@Herius This is not supposed to be an offence against your balance. I also had quite a few great fights.
We're in a late state of MO and there is a lot of high tier equipment on the field, resulting in high damage output and high armor resistance. When roaming solo in "bad" gear (Pansar Scale Armor & steel weapon) it ends often in siturations where it feels like you are not able to compete against with.

It starts with purify potions. You need to cast 6 times corrupt on an fighter until he is really corrupted because he drinks a purify potion each time until he is out of thurst. Of cause he is able to purify with potion while full sprinting and a hybrid needs to stop and cast the purify spell. So basically corrupt became useless again any high tier player (at least in 1 vs X).

Healing potions are similar. E.g. those hilarious 100hp ones. Fighter drinks them while full sprint. Hybrid needs to stop and cast ~5 lesser heals taking ~10 seconds to reach the same amount of life. Why are people even able to drink potions while moving?

Or those mounteds with the 500hp horses that stop and start shooting at you ignoring any damage input because it doesn't matter on their horses/armors. Even when I'm able to dismount them in a 1 vs X they are on their mounts again before I could kill them and run away.

Then there are those high tier armor users with shortbows. It happened that I met a solo guy in Ogh on the field. We engage on meele and he did pretty bad (seemed to be rusty). Until he switched to a bow starting shooting without even bothering about my attacks, outdamaging me.

And then there are those weapons which hit for 60+ damage while a steel polesword is only able to do <20 damage on their armors.... Of cause they have drawbacks like a short range but combined with prediction it feels sometimes like you're miles away and you still get hit.

Now you could argument that all those level 125 horses, high tier armor, weapons and potions needed to be farmed. However, this happenes mostly behin locked, guarded gates and requires quite a lot of grind. I recently tried sneeking in several pallisades to catch them but usually it ends with 10 guards shooting at me. I want to play games for fun, and not to grind resources. Maybe I'm playing the wrong game and should move on to chivalry or some other shit.

Edit: That's also why I'm looking forward for MO2 -> hopefully it will take longer to reach that "end game state" where you can't compete unless grinding for a big amount and hopefully the material difference between high tier material and mid tier materials won't be that high.

If the high tier armor reduces damage by only 30% more than mid tier and the damage output is only 30% higher, the high tier fighter is already ~70% stronger than the mid tier fighter...

Last edited:

Komodor

Oghmium Supporter
Now you could argument that all those level 125 horses, high tier armor, weapons and potions needed to be farmed. However, this happenes mostly behin locked, guarded gates and requires quite a lot of grind.
That's the exact reason why. Expanding TC content and Sarducca made everyone rich and safe. Lack of risk made this game boring and unrewarding - everyone are locked behind walls or in PvE land. And while looking at how SV has massacred their own game I'm in fear for future.

Last edited:
I think you need to update your fact database. :)
Well it was about a month ago, my miner got killed by an archer who fires arrows like a machine gun, i ran into the beach and started swimming and i was surprised when he started firing arrows from under the water. Unless that was updated lately then i don't know

Thread starter #11
Well it was about a month ago, my miner got killed by an archer who fires arrows like a machine gun, i ran into the beach and started swimming and i was surprised when he started firing arrows from under the water. Unless that was updated lately then i don't know
I think arrow damage is reduced under water by 50%. Still your miner without armor is fucked.

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
@Rhias no worries!
We know some things are not where we want them, I just replied to the post where some points brought up seemed to be based on several years old experiences.

oykd

@Rhias no worries!
We know some things are not where we want them, I just replied to the post where some points brought up seemed to be based on several years old experiences.
pvp is so boring sometimes i cant wait to die so i can go to sleep :( fix it

Dalacor

Imagine im a new person just heard of Mortal, come to the forums, watch this video. All you can hope is they dont understand what they are watching.....

@Rhias no worries!
We know some things are not where we want them after a decade of trying
Fixed ;)

Atrosion

Lol this game......