Solid Simple Questions to GM. Please answer me.

Thread starter #1

DeadRat

People have talked a lot about those problems. Very serious and important issues.
i'm tired of waiting. I've waited for almost 2 years for SV to fix them. I thought you guys already are aware of those issues and it will be fixed in no time.
But now I see I was wrong.

it's been years since ppl yelled about TC, siege revamp. You guys always said we are on it. But... you know how it still is now..
So, i'd rather ask the reasons of you not fixing them instead of asking further patches.

1. Do you know there are 'Almost unreachable' towers or some of towers placed on a top of mountains require you to spend 'a loooot' more time and golds to reach
than when you are building the tower?

If you do, what's the reason of you not fixing them?

2. Do you know you need 350g worth manganon deed with materials just to blow up the basic house which cost you only 100g and some mats when you build it? which means those basic houses are not gonna be destroyed unless they have structures belongs to the house. And even if you lose the house by getting sieged, you are still winning.

if you do, what's the reason of you not fixing them?

Answer me GMs Please. Thank you.

I personally would rather have them address people building palisades on node lines making them unsiegeable.

Towers aren't supposed to be as easy to take down as they are to put up, especially now that all tc in the area will fall without it.

Not everything is fair, many of the so called "unreachable" towers have been taken out already. You can't expect everything to be handed to you just because you don't want to put in the effort.

Its sad thinking about how terrible sieging has become over the years, as a veteran of 8 years it really feels like the devs gave up trying to make a great game a couple years ago.

People have talked a lot about those problems. Very serious and important issues.
i'm tired of waiting. I've waited for almost 2 years for SV to fix them. I thought you guys already are aware of those issues and it will be fixed in no time.
But now I see I was wrong.

it's been years since ppl yelled about TC, siege revamp. You guys always said we are on it. But... you know how it still is now..
So, i'd rather ask the reasons of you not fixing them instead of asking further patches.

1. Do you know there are 'Almost unreachable' towers or some of towers placed on a top of mountains require you to spend 'a loooot' more time and golds to reach
than when you are building the tower?

If you do, what's the reason of you not fixing them?

2. Do you know you need 350g worth manganon deed with materials just to blow up the basic house which cost you only 100g and some mats when you build it? which means those basic houses are not gonna be destroyed unless they have structures belongs to the house. And even if you lose the house by getting sieged, you are still winning.

if you do, what's the reason of you not fixing them?

Answer me GMs Please. Thank you.
1.) There aren't any unreachable towers, most are placed where another guild once had them but were destroyed and replace by the victor, but it takes work, some just don't have what it takes to do it, I know all TC Towers placed by RPK! were shown step-by-step how it was done to LGM Discord.

2.) No one pays 350g for mangs, no one, and again, if you can't take the heat you should probably stay out of the kitchen

Its sad thinking about how terrible sieging has become over the years, as a veteran of 8 years it really feels like the devs gave up trying to make a great game a couple years ago.
It truly is sad... That a veteran of 8 years is so incompetent at sieging and clueless as how its done

It truly is sad... That a veteran of 8 years is so incompetent at sieging and clueless as how its done
I think you're taking his words out of context. He said it's sad to see how terrible sieging has become.. because in all actuality, to execute a good siege you usually plan for the least amount of resistance. In other words ninja sieging. It can also be said that NPC's more or less are more competent siege defenders than players themselves.

I believe you should only be willing to put in the time, gold, and resources for what you're willing to lose rather than use guards as a means of defending against ninja sieging.

Also, defenders have a major advantage when available to defend. They typically have respawns on the spot, walls to peek and poke siege equipment with fire arrows, elementalism, and the pet system of calling a target then calling it back once it gets low (Because they can phase through walls and even disappear sometimes.)

So I don't think that the player is incompetent, I just believe he is saying the system is flawed. But then again.. I have a vague suspicion your comment is meant to incite a reaction rather than a legitimate discussion. But I'll just assume the best and that you misunderstood what he was trying to express.

TL;DR - Sieging isn't interesting. Build only what you're capable of defending. Build only what you're willing to lose. Less NPC input, more player input.

haha I have a hard time remembering when I did a siege and didn't actually achieve what I wanted to.

I think you're taking his words out of context. He said it's sad to see how terrible sieging has become..
Back in the day there was legit 0 reasons to own a keep yet people attempted to siege them way more frequently, I wonder why that is?

haha I have a hard time remembering when I did a siege and didn't actually achieve what I wanted to.

Back in the day there was legit 0 reasons to own a keep yet people attempted to siege them way more frequently, I wonder why that is?
I know right? It's like we're missing something we had in the past.

I know youve only joined the forums monday, but actually back in the day keeps used to be the only way to res without stat loss, they used to be the only way to have a palisade before tc, and used to be the only way to really secure your guild, now that you can just hide your guildstone wherever in a 100g house.

but actually back in the day keeps used to be the only way to res without stat loss, they used to be the only way to have a palisade before tc, and used to be the only way to really secure your guild, now that you can just hide your guildstone wherever in a 100g house.
Its almost like they should bring all these things back

Along with making guard spam less aids so that people might actually want to siege and fight over them. Sieging is obviously still possible right now but its just a lot less fun than it could be.

I know youve only joined the forums monday, but actually back in the day keeps used to be the only way to res without stat loss, they used to be the only way to have a palisade before tc, and used to be the only way to really secure your guild, now that you can just hide your guildstone wherever in a 100g house.
You do know the game was released for what 3 years(cant remember its been a while lol) before things like statloss priests were implemented...

I can't be fucked to argue with anyone on the mofo anymore I just wanted to make a simple point which is this: TC being made a lot harder to destroy and sieging being god awful has lots of negative effects on the game the most obvious one being the death of politics.