Stamina bar for pets

Add stam bar to pets?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
Since SV seems unable to fix the AI pathing issues that make them homing missiles and with the latest buff really hard to run away from (especially if they acid attack or knockdown), they should give them stamina bars. That way they cant chase you forever just by pressing 1 button.

ponyKnight

1. Stamina bars.
2. Every attack burn stamina.
3. They can't live under water.

I like the idea of a stamina bar for pets. But I think they should fix the "not able to hit moving targets" bug. I tried out a dark bat. It's flying with 500+ speed but not able to hit an enemy with 150 walk speed.

Since SV seems unable to fix the AI pathing issues that make them homing missiles and with the latest buff really hard to run away from (especially if they acid attack or knockdown), they should give them stamina bars. That way they cant chase you forever just by pressing 1 button.
Other than the queen, whose acid has been nerfed (enough? i don't know), are there any pets that have op acid? Someone show me a video of this. And if you are so afraid of knockdowns, put some points in knockdown resist. It's an excellent counter. In fact, IMO it may work too well in pve.

Give me a break; why do you ppl keep repeating this shit. Pets do not have infinite stam; they can't chase you forever. The master has to stay within range to keep the pet aggro. If you outrun the master, then you outrun the pet. Just get rid of the aggressive mode pet command.

Dennis131

Lets give them reserves as well. And hunger. Hell, lets just make them playable.

Lets give them reserves as well. And hunger. Hell, lets just make them playable.
Or just give them a stamina system and make each attack a task bar button ,so its more skill based rather than aim and click a button so the pet follows like a homing missile in the form of a bird or spider.

Sorry to break it to you...pets already have a hunger system that's intertwined with the loyalty system lel.

Pantero

Playable minotaur race that are red from birth would be funny.

In fact, Thursars should be red from birth.

eldrath

I think locally allowed for everyone would be more fun.

Pantero

Orange flagged racial PvP like on Vallos Zek Everquest server would be fun. Basically there was a reputation system for each city and you started off with reputation based on the race you picked which dictated whichxcities you could enter without the guards killing you.

You could grind reputation but it took a long long time, and on the racial PvP server the races were split into Good, Neutral and Evil and it was like a permanent war Dec. You also could learn languages in it and were unable to understand the typing of other races if you didn't know their languages. Was some great ideas in EQ.

Arigard

Some kind of stamina for pets would be nice. Some kind of actual control system for the beast-master would be nice too.

There is no such thing as a good/bad beast-master. You either have the skills/pet, or you don't. It would be cool to see a way to make people who people fear for their ability to control animals well rather than just the collection in their equerry.

ponyKnight

Orange flagged racial PvP like on Vallos Zek Everquest server would be fun. Basically there was a reputation system for each city and you started off with reputation based on the race you picked which dictated whichxcities you could enter without the guards killing you.

You could grind reputation but it took a long long time, and on the racial PvP server the races were split into Good, Neutral and Evil and it was like a permanent war Dec. You also could learn languages in it and were unable to understand the typing of other races if you didn't know their languages. Was some great ideas in EQ.
We can make another system - make flags separate for every one city by guilds, who controlling it. Or flag on territory, controlled by this guild. Places, who not controlled by any guild don't have any flags and every one is grey there.

Things about lore, what you write there are good maybe.....But will add GRIND in game, what no one want.

Jumaji

I'd love to see minotaurs in game. Even if I'm unable to gain any skillpoints from book I'd still be a minotaur

Midkemma

Pets could do with being worked on in water, no combat should be like how pets do combat in water.
It would be nice if BM was more involved, different attacks cost different amount of LOYALTY, they already have a stat in to stop spamming, so use it rather than adding a load more code which will do the same thing, reduce the spamming of attacks.

It would be nice if you could shape the growth of your pet, do I want a bear to grow strong or fast.

It would be interesting to have pets become overly aggressive if spammed the attacks, until it calms down then it could attack anyone nearby...

I said no to the stam bar but that is because I feel a more diverse playing style would be better than whacking a stam bar onto pets, that feels kinda short sighted.

As for pets chasing forever after pressing 1 button, I gotta say tough shit here, you ever been chased by police dogs? They will chase you 'forever' and you will end up out of stam before they are.
You can also look at how native african tribes hunt.

Pets do need some work but they need some thought put into it 1st.

Strilan

Exalted Member
Would be kind of cool if there was a skill or spell that let you directly control your pet, complete with its own hotbar with its various attacks, and stamina bar.

But just a stamina bar alone without more means to control how your pet USES said stamina is just a bad idea.

Thread starter #17
As for pets chasing forever after pressing 1 button, I gotta say tough shit here, you ever been chased by police dogs? They will chase you 'forever' and you will end up out of stam before they are.
You can also look at how native african tribes hunt.

Pets do need some work but they need some thought put into it 1st.

Yeah but you can climb over something and the dog wont be able to follow you, use obstacles etc. With pets in this game you can only run away on a straight line. And I doubt SV will be able to fix this anytime soon, so why not make pets require at least some strategy than press 1 button?

you should have seen myself killing 2 herj stone lizzard during the last 2 days, that shit made me so crazy ^^

Yeah those fuckers are crazy, they are why I made this thread lol. They acid you like spider but have like 2k hp

Give me a break; why do you ppl keep repeating this shit. Pets do not have infinite stam; they can't chase you forever. The master has to stay within range to keep the pet aggro. If you outrun the master, then you outrun the pet. Just get rid of the aggressive mode pet command.

Well BM are mostly veelas, so they can keep up you np. I was chased from meduli to tindrem by one of them this week

Cearbhall

Exalted Member
IMO would make playstyle more fun since you have to maintain the pet.Should be able to add the different attacks aswell to hotbar so you can have various attacks for the stamina usage

Status
Not open for further replies.