Still alive?

MolagAmur

I think thats the real problem. The game itself is so stale nobody can really be bothered to create things like Ruben did. And the politics in Mortal have been piss-poor for years.

Its just the same ole boring faces doing the same ole boring shit. I think the future of MO is really just us sitting on these forums/discord talking and giving suggestions, while a small select few still play the game and take it serious.

I honestly predict MR will fail and SV will pull the plug for both games within the new couple years. Lets hope I'm wrong I guess.

SaneOne

Trial Member
Mortal online will never be pulled. Henrik will keep it open even if it's just him mods and the devs playing.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
but him, the mods, and the devs don't even play!
And that's a large part of the total set of problems.

My hypothesis includes this proposition:

Henrik:Mortal Online::The Duke of Wessex:The Duchy of Wessex,​

for those here who remember him.

He (the Duck, @Azzerhoden's boss) once described his guild as a classic car that he would and should keep under a sheet in his garage to be driven in (some length of time-- maybe ten years or tens of years or maybe never) the future, if he (implied: damned well) felt like it, because it was his.

At the time when he told the people who were actually playing Mortal Online as WSX (as the Duke, himself, did not) this, I gave the only advice to the group that one usefully can in that situation:

"It's his ball; let him pick it up and go home if he likes. Get your own."​

Advice that was, apparently, impossible for the whole group of players to take (as proof: they didn't take it).

Failure to let the kid with the ball go home (and not play with *you*) when he explicitly or implicitly wants has never in my experience been anything but another step on the road to disappointment. Perhaps Mortal Online would positively benefit from *not* being someone's pet project; if it were something that the owners had to look at more objectively, it might thrive more. On the other hand, if that were the case, it might not have gotten made. Either way, that nagging feeling that it does or ought to belong to the people who pay to play it is patently false.

Finnley

Mortal online will never be pulled. Henrik will keep it open even if it's just him mods and the devs playing.
Yeah only thing is they are not really playing...
I wish they did, sneak into some guild, do stuff ingame so they understand their mechanics and balancing better

Thread starter #26
I think thats the real problem. The game itself is so stale nobody can really be bothered to create things like Ruben did. And the politics in Mortal have been piss-poor for years.

Its just the same ole boring faces doing the same ole boring shit. I think the future of MO is really just us sitting on these forums/discord talking and giving suggestions, while a small select few still play the game and take it serious.

I honestly predict MR will fail and SV will pull the plug for both games within the new couple years. Lets hope I'm wrong I guess.

Thanks for the compliment.
On the other hand I think the same.

I feel like the trip is over. the only way would be to implement new mechanics that would give a total change to the game. Especially in the political, territorial and siege aspect.
On the other hand we all know that the sandboxes are hard, but the grinding in the MO is infamous.

And I'm not complaining, I'm just saying it. I myself have farmed tens of thousands of golds (I have killed hundreds of thousands of turtles myself) and manually mined 50,000 stone stacks.

I could do it and others too. But many players can not stand such a hardcore work rhythm.
They must balance the reward-work system.
And make the game more fun and stimulating. Create political quarrels making it sense to ambition land and property and give all that a nice package with a magnificent lore and a little role.

The combat system was interesting but not enough.

I feel like the trip is over. the only way would be to implement new mechanics that would give a total change to the game. Especially in the political, territorial and siege aspect.
On the other hand we all know that the sandboxes are hard, but the grinding in the MO is infamous.

And I'm not complaining, I'm just saying it. I myself have farmed tens of thousands of golds (I have killed hundreds of thousands of turtles myself) and manually mined 50,000 stone stacks.

I could do it and others too. But many players can not stand such a hardcore work rhythm.
And make the game more fun and stimulating. Create political quarrels making it sense to ambition land and property and give all that a nice package with a magnificent lore and a little role.

Yes, Nave offers unlimited opportunity for work and development. Unfortunately, purpose is something more difficult to discover. It won't be found in a barrel, on the corpse of a turtle, or a mineral vein.

MolagAmur

Yes, Nave offers unlimited opportunity for work and development. Unfortunately, purpose is something more difficult to discover. It won't be found in a barrel, on the corpse of a turtle, or a mineral vein.
That is the good and bad thing about these kinds of games. When the community doesn't fill the need for purpose, the game itself is just a basic wasteland. Though in this case, the developers are holding the community back.

I agree with this , and I think the developers should really look at this statement . Everyone says it’s the bugs and glitches that push people out , I only agree halfway to that statement because IMO 60% of players leave because they cannot at least build the wealth that others have attained so they are never able to obtain top tier mats for armor , weapons , and potions . We have all by now , seen how buggy other games are and we put up with that shit , so I think newer players at least will Be used to it from other games , although die hard MO players are indeed sick of them .

Lots of people are smart enough to understand the game if they stick it out , but the real issue is when people see the prices of things and the amount of work it takes to get a good amount of gold to get those things , they are intimidated and immediately look for “sugar daddy’s”/ guilds to support them - which In turn is their Demise as they feel stagnated by waiting for guild politics or boring sieges.

IMO the trade off of work to amount of gold received is poor , unless you have a good butcher spot and tons of time you will have to go through laborious repetitive tasks that dull your experience ; and in the end you dont even receive a large enough reward (IMO) from things like mining , wood chopping , etc . Thing is the economy is deciding it , but I really believe devs should choose a base line minimum value of Sale certain materials and things - for players to get a little more for their work . I can’t see how something like that would turn out though ...also Sieging needs to be much more fun and interesting .

I have some high hopes that SV declares bankrupt and some other company/group of devs buy the game idea and files and actually listen to their veteran players, MO was way more fun years ago. necro pets and pets in pvp are aids, armor is way too tanky, breeding mounts is a cancer making bull horses run max speed, mounteds able to kill people trought parry, TC made the game carebear and everything is behind walls and buggy ass guard npcs.

Speznat

I have some high hopes that SV declares bankrupt and some other company/group of devs buy the game idea and files and actually listen to their veteran players, MO was way more fun years ago. necro pets and pets in pvp are aids, armor is way too tanky, breeding mounts is a cancer making bull horses run max speed, mounteds able to kill people trought parry, TC made the game carebear and everything is behind walls and buggy ass guard npcs.
have you played lately? some of this stuff is mainny moving that direction or is fixed like the beeding, and the tc stuff because mines are useless as all the other stuff.

but at some points i agree they need to hear to the players that actual invested 20000 hours and also got experience with new players and they have ti listen to the mortal players that stick around because they can say why this isnt appieling to new guys and so on.

SV should have made more quality of life improvements and should have a made a big asking poll what should be done next a HUGE pol like priotise your 100points in the order that is the most important to you, and only player who have paid accounts / verfified accounts.

than they would have a list and a bigger community because we would have the feeling that we got envolved and ask what we like because we fucking live in that game so sv should take our feedback seriously

have you played lately? some of this stuff is mainny moving that direction or is fixed like the beeding, and the tc stuff because mines are useless as all the other stuff.

but at some points i agree they need to hear to the players that actual invested 20000 hours and also got experience with new players and they have ti listen to the mortal players that stick around because they can say why this isnt appieling to new guys and so on.

SV should have made more quality of life improvements and should have a made a big asking poll what should be done next a HUGE pol like priotise your 100points in the order that is the most important to you, and only player who have paid accounts / verfified accounts.

than they would have a list and a bigger community because we would have the feeling that we got envolved and ask what we like because we fucking live in that game so sv should take our feedback seriously
Oh I have played lately, thats the reason of my statments, I never get a fight, only way to get a fight is by sieging people because everyone is hiding behind walls doing their own carebear stuff, when you do get fights, the enemy just get rolled even when they outnumber/outgear you, because TC promote a easy game zerg brain playstyle and people don't even know how to pvp. TC managed to fuck the game in all aspects.

I just went through the patch notes history. looks like not a single patch with anything but the most basic balance/bug fixes for almost a YEAR........

nothing. literally nothing new added to the game in that time.

when people are begging for changes to tc and sieging but we get nothing.

yeah its pretty bad.