Strilan's Steam Prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeraha

Ya it's a possibility now that there are some kind of...numbers out there I guess.
Perhaps Steam cannot count multi clienting, so we see lesser numbers on Steam, but you see greater numbers on server.

Look at this chart:
http://steamcharts.com/app/287920

Sep 13 16:00.. 300 players? NOPE I have watched the server and the chart since we started and with a dip like that I instantly check the server for something being wrong.
Nope was just the steam messing up.

Same at SEP 11 .. 0 players all of a sudden?.. nope not correct.
Also right now it's very inaccurate but that could be because people don't use steam.
Ah I see what you're saying. I agree there's an issue on steam charts or steam's end there.

I actually thought it might have been because you guys have a very weak oceanic presence.

Perhaps Steam cannot count multi clienting, so we see lesser numbers on Steam, but you see greater numbers on server.
Zeeraha has an important point here. Steam is counting steam accounts, and 1 steam account can have multiple clients open. I imagine seb is counting client connections.

It's different data. :>

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
Well I assume it was the same when the numbers where up right? No reason why everyone all of a sudden started multi-clienting like crazy.

Zeeraha

Well I assume it was the same when the numbers where up right? No reason why everyone all of a sudden started multi-clienting like crazy.

Hm, this means that Steam can actually count multiclienting (or no one multiclients with steam client). Still, it counts them badly altogether.

Hm, this means that Steam can actually count multiclienting (or no one multiclients with steam client). Still, it counts them badly altogether.
Steam doesn't count multiclienting, because it's still a single steam account.

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
It could be that we have lost steam-players but the once that stayed started multi-clienting...like crazy but still.

Strilan

Exalted Member
It could be that we have lost steam-players but the once that stayed started multi-clienting...like crazy but still.
Well when I'm most active I have about 4 to 7 toons logged in... So yeah.

Strilan

Exalted Member

Hobson

Trial Member
Maybe it's just the Strilan effect then.
Hundreds more then steam because Strilan has the best comp in the world and tons of logged in tons.
Literally can not run Starvault without Strilan's American dollars

Delete this thread already...its talking about nothing and it isn't productive at all for the progress of MO

That is all.....

Strilan

Exalted Member
Actually... The thread was progressive... But whatever

Strilan

Exalted Member
This attention man. It's been a while. Idk how to act. But honestly I hope a lot of people stay from Steam. But as we all know... This game ain't for most people. In 3 months it's gomna fall off mannnnn.

Ive been drinking.

My GF made me rum and punch. I love everyone. Evem you Pluro. You teenage fuck.

Hobson

Trial Member
This attention man. It's been a while. Idk how to act. But honestly I hope a lot of people stay from Steam. But as we all know... This game ain't for most people. In 3 months it's gomna fall off mannnnn.

Ive been drinking.

My GF made me rum and punch. I love everyone. Evem you Pluro. You teenage fuck.
I thought t'was your midwife?

Status
Not open for further replies.