Super Smash Bros.

Thread starter #1

Sarkhan

The sandbox fighting game. Who else is a fellow Smasher? Played N64 Smash when I was a kid and recently purchased a Wii U for Smash.

Favorite fighters: Link (original number one hunk), Mega Man, Mewtwo, Greninja, and Ganondorf.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Sarkhan as a sword using Mii is a favorite too, of course.

AidanKyros

I play every now n then, but I am a noob who knows not how to play correctly.

Altho I consider my self better then the other avg players.

Pantero

Ok I absolutely loved the original SSB and nobody I ever met could beat me at it. I didn't like the 2nd game as much. I have no idea why anyone would use the word sandbox to describe a beat 'em up platformer.

realnaste

Honored Member
(...)I have no idea why anyone would use the word sandbox to describe a beat 'em up platformer.
Good question. Maybe for the same reason people think full loot ffa pvp is enough to slap a "sandbox" label on an mmo?

Pantero

Haha. No, Sandbox is overused and means nothing anymore.

Golt

Trial Member
Loved Smash Bros 64 and still play it on an Emulator with xbox 360 controller from time to time!
Favorite fighters were Link and Fox. But i didnt own any Nintendo console after the n64 so i didnt get into any of the newer smash bros.

Pantero

Link and Fox were also my favourites! Everyone used Kirby because he had that brick and the flying. I loved killing Kirby!

Hyrule and the Starfox level were the only two I liked fighting on. I felt that in the Super Smash Bros Melee sequel didn't have very good maps to fight in.

Golt

Trial Member
Haha 100% agree. Starfox lvl and hyrule were the only lvls me and my friends played too.

Thread starter #11

Sarkhan

Me and you can get along Pantero and Golt. Hyrule and Corneria were the only levels we would play on too, its obvious why.

I never used Fox but I loved how fast he was. I was good as Kirby too, 'cause of the brick. :p

I used sandbox because for a fighting game there are no true set combos. You make the combos, in air, on the ground, its a game where you can discover metas for characters that you only realize hours and hours into playing them. Instead of fighting the character you're more fighting the player behind the character. I guess the same could be said for other fighters but for Smash it especially rings true.

EDIT: Items or no items? I'm partial to both, really. For items though only a few, like pokeballs, the sword, the baseball bat, the maxim tomatoes, pretty much it.

Salyra

me and golt played without items most of the time. if we allowed items only baseball bat, magic stick, sword, pistol and fan. taking a healing item or the hammer when we forgot to disable items brought shame about the player :p
i played kirby most of the time. now we started playing it again on the n64 emulator and i try to get better with yoshi - kinda fun to annoy others with the throwable eggs and good against donkey ,which a friend of us playes really good

i like yoshis map, but my friends prefer hyrule and fox´s map. i like that those two maps are that big but the "random factors" like ship and hurricans that easly kill small characters like kirby with <100 hp are kinda annoying. but well i play what the majority wants to so i played those maps the most aswell

Golt

Trial Member
no items for 1v1s and "serious" matches :D
When we used items it was no healing items, no star, no hammer and a few others banned too
damn, i wish there was a way to mod a smash brothers 64 emulator so you could play on a server online vs others or via hamachi, but that will never happen :(

Pantero

Yeah we turned items off mainly other than a couple. I just remembered that NES was also one of my favourite chars once you got good at turning yourself into a human projectile with his special bolt attack!

We turned hammer, star and hearts off I think, but left tomatoes and some others on like proximity mines just because it made it a bit more interesting sometimes. When a tomato appeared everyone was scrambling for it or trying to stop other people getting it!

ah smash for wii u is really fun and balanced!

I play Toon Link, Fox and Captain Falcon! :D

Ah yeah, I've seen :) shows how amazing The smash brother series is.