Testing Grounds

Thread starter #1
Mortal is an awesome game thats ruff around the edges. Game design is hard, especially with an aim to make a hardcore game. So here is my suggestion; Use your existing player-base as mechanics beta testers.

Naturally not everything can be tried, but plenty of mechanical ideas can be and I think you have a dedicated (albeit one that holds a lot of pent-up-rage) player-base. I'd love to see you utilise us more so that when Mo2 is 100k active players, we can know, that in a small way. We helped build that.

The actually mentality shift here is to set the expectation that MO is now a testing bed and that, while things seems un-balanced or off and it will cause problems, think about it as the beta env from now on. I actually think you will engage people more and, when MO2 launches its will take off a lot of burden in early balancing and what not.

Starter Ideas:
As an example: No TC in MO2? Alright, let's remove it in MO. Work out some min compensation and make existing banks stick about for a month or two.

Speznat

Mortal is an awesome game thats ruff around the edges. Game design is hard, especially with an aim to make a hardcore game. So here is my suggestion; Use your existing player-base as mechanics beta testers.

Naturally not everything can be tried, but plenty of mechanical ideas can be and I think you have a dedicated (albeit one that holds a lot of pent-up-rage) player-base. I'd love to see you utilise us more so that when Mo2 is 100k active players, we can know, that in a small way. We helped build that.

The actually mentality shift here is to set the expectation that MO is now a testing bed and that, while things seems un-balanced or off and it will cause problems, think about it as the beta env from now on. I actually think you will engage people more and, when MO2 launches its will take off a lot of burden in early balancing and what not.

Starter Ideas:
As an example: No TC in MO2? Alright, let's remove it in MO. Work out some min compensation and make existing banks stick about for a month or two.
youre new here or?

we beta testing this game since 10years.

and one more thing, TC is in gernal not bad its bad how its implemented, RUST for example have exactly the same system from an neutral point of view. but the thing is in rust its more dynamic, to destroy stuff you have a little more effort than to build it. but the thing is, in mortal tc builing is 50times harder than building shit in rust and sieging tc in mortla is compared 80times but the time used for sieging in mortla is like half of building tc because you have to transport not so much by sieging than building up more and more stuff. than the deeds ans stuff.

they should make it fucking easier to build stuff and hold stuff and they should make it fuckign cheaper to siege stuff that would solve much of the tc struggle. people complain about since years.

Speznat

worst change in history in my opinion is the mines nerf. and the buthcery carcass instruction. hunting before felt fucking good you didnt needed the fucking butcher char, and you had around double the yield than now. because sv nerfed the carcass aamount.

the mines: steel prices were low more and more people needed less time to get euipped because the life wasting hauling processs was skipped than more people got more gear easy and fought more.

mine nerf was the worst shit ever now people complain about you need x gear to be viable in pvp and you need x time to get this gear.
but with the old mines were you got your shit automaticly just by owning the mine and extracting it. it was easier to get the PVP ready gear and you neede less xtime.

i just dont get it why sv nerfed the mines to uselessness now, now its only positive if youre are a 24/7 unemployed guy that waste atleast 10hour a day on mining and extracting and transporting shit not much employed guys want to waste there life this ay and never experience such content gettign frsutrated and sometimes this is also a reason why some quit. it changed behavior. same with much other changes that totally srewwed the wasted lifetime to enjoyment time. the worst things of all was the instruction of buthcery and than after the carcass amount nerf. totally fuck up.

i could write the list the whole fuckign day of worst decissions ever.

Important:
I still dont get it why SV dont do a simple voting poll on such changes were just the PAID accounts can vote 1 Per account. WHY THE FUCK do you dont do that, just stop making gamebreaking changes were 70-90% of veterans say DONT DO IT ARE YOU INSANE.
start listening to the forums and stop making cahnges that are not discussed with the forums WEEKS before. AND ASK the people how they want what and make a pro and contra list. were people include thier thoguhts and the community will love you more

If 20 peolpe complain about shade nerf agian after you nerfed it, than you still havent balanced it. FACE it. if jsut one guy wrote alone shit and noone agreess and noone posts shit than you can ignore it, but if the whole fucking forums says to you that CHANGE X was a very shit deccision than the reality is that CHANGE X was in reality a very shit Change.
Listen to your community and take them seriously about there feedback if 30people on forum complain about the time to valuable pvp gear than you have a flaw in game design that make the effort to hard to get the shit, i dont ask for pissing easy gear get machanics i mean just an balance.
I mena in rust it feels like 100% effort time feel like 40% reward or something. and in mortal it feels like 100% effort feels like close to 10% enjoyment that you have the feeling you wasting hundreds of hours for shit and not feeling reward in anythign you do.

thats the stuff that drives people away if the whole pictures feels to unfair. unfair is okay but to unfair is just killing anyones motivation.

very important:
wasnt ment perosnal Seabstian and henrik but please understand the frsutration many of us have. sure all our opinions in the community differs but atleast ask us what we want how we want it and discuss over WEEKS if it makes more sense this way or the other way.
sry for harsh speach you know i love you gues but sometimes i really would like to slap you guys in the face, i bet you guys want to do that with people like me from the community too, but we need to work together to make the game great again.

Last edited:

Tehmudjin

Dont we already know how it is to have no tc from before we had tc?

The problem is guards, indestructable towers and walls. Just fix that. Baby bathwater thing.

Dont we already know how it is to have no tc from before we had tc?

The problem is guards, indestructable towers and walls. Just fix that. Baby bathwater thing.
Also Fixing broken Ai + pets (how they shoot and walk through stuff), adding stam bars to pets and also making mounted combat forced to use 1 handers to balance the damage out making mounted more of a realistic play style rather than a super convenient crazy hard hitting fatty daddy .

Tehmudjin

Also Fixing broken Ai + pets (how they shoot and walk through stuff), adding stam bars to pets and also making mounted combat forced to use 1 handers to balance the damage out making mounted more of a realistic play style rather than a super convenient crazy hard hitting fatty daddy .
And make MC dmg take traveling speed into account. Its the swing spamming in close quarters that I find particularly OP.
Sitting still on a horse and trying to swing an axe with one hand should do crap dmg both for realistic purpose and game play.