The economic ruin of Myrland, and the massive devaluation of gold. Economical crisis?

Thread starter #1
Because we do not have any official institution that monitors the flow of gold, nor do we have a way of making statistical calculations in relation to their market value, at this moment I see more and more clearly that the value of the gold coin in Myrland It is falling dangerously.
Amounts previously unthinkable for different services and products are being paid and this process is increasing without control.
At some point there were conversations to try to regulate to some extent some commodity prices, but every time I see more clearly that this will not stop the devaluation of gold.
It is a constant drift and seems to be increasing.
I would like this thread to talk about this topic and give an opinion on the reasons for this situation.

POSSIBLE CAUSES OF THE GOLDEN DEVALUATION:

-LOW POPULATION-

In my opinion at this time the low population in Myrland has caused the flow of goods to stop and the production of different products has been reduced to historical lows.
The process seems to accelerate and the decline is increasing every month, it is increasingly difficult to find manufactured products, such as potions, weapons, armor, food or horses.
The brokers of all cities are emptying out and even the Tindrem broker offers a poor selection of products, sometimes at extremely high prices. I constantly receive complaints from friends or acquaintances who cannot access things that once abounded.
In bakty, Meduli, Vadda, the market is reduced to a minimum although the activity of some guilds, in bakty the exchange of goods is increasing.

-REDUCE MINING WORK AND WORKERS-
3. Mining production has practically stopped.
At this time I do not know of any organized group or mining company, except the ASH guild, which performs some mining work.
Old metal sellers have left Myrland or have moved to other activities. (me among them).
Regarding the ohgmium and the cronite, the closure of the workplaces greater natorus, furnace, etc ... it seems that it has affected production quite a bit and the few times that oghmium has been sold for gold to reached historical records. At this moment I calculate that an ohmigum stack could be around 18000g (possibly more)
At this point, the ohgmium as a unit has completely surpassed gold in pure value and clearly emerges as a single possible measure of market value.
Since the imperial bureaucracy (starvault) shut up production suppressed slave production in mines (automatic mines) the abundance of metals, was decreasing until finally reached a point of considerable shortage. At this time the metals are sold at prohibitive prices and the offer is limited.

- THE CRAZY IMPACT OF THE GOLD OF SARDUCA IN MYRLAND ECONOMY.

While the gold transfer processes in Myrland had already begun long before Sarduca, it was this continent that changed everything.
Since the imperial bureaucracy of Myrland (Starvault) had the crazy idea of opening a continent of pure farming to colonization, the production of gold was such that it completely changed our economy.
I was an important part of that process since, as everyone knows, it was my bank, and to a lesser extent that of Azidano, who guarded the process of safe transfer of that gigantic mountain of gold from Sarduca to Myrland.
Due to the absurd amount of gold that was injected into Myrland, the only way to make this process viable was through trasnfencias and I can provide some general information about my work for years

I would like to provide interesting information for this debate:

- GOLD TRANSFERS RBT 2015-2018:
(rounded figures)
-600,000g
-GOLD TRANSFER RBT 2018-2019.
(rounded figures)
- 20000g.

Too is important remember that in this year 2015-2018 Valkan bank and private guys move and trasnfer a lot of gold since sarduca.

we can estimate it in 400.000g (posible more)

We are talking about more than a million golds (literally) It is not a fiction, I had part of that gold in my hands and worked almost exclusively for years in this process, every day I moved thousands and thousands of gold from one city to another in a constant circuit that far from diminishing grew without stopping.
Finally, the imperial bureaucracy, (starvault) suddenly changed its mind in the face of the avalanche of gold that crushed us and decided to give the order to stop the production of gold in the farmeo villages, forcing the transfer of products from the farming to the cities and stopped suddenly the process of producing gold.

The devacle of my banking services, once gigantic, show clearly how economic activity has decreased.
To this data we must add the gold transfers of the Valkan bank, the legendary institution of Azidano, which is currently closed, since he is not playing the MO and also suffered a tremendous impact when he lost thousands of golds that he had lent me to make purchases in advance of metals for my forge, when hackers cleared my account by losing a lot of my gold and also theirs.

(we are working to fund Valkan bank again, and to recover its liquidity, we all want that legendary institution back in Myrland)

Definitely:

- Basic products reduced to a minimum.
- Uncontrolled price increase.
- Metal shortage and rupture of the "gold-oghmium" rate.

On a personal basis I must say that the sale of weapons has completely collapsed and although I manage to make some sales here and there, the figures that I handle are far from the massive amounts of weapons that I used to sell at other times, despite the fact that My product quality has overwhelmingly improved. In the case of the remaining gunsmiths still active, they only obtain small profits by selling basic weapons in the brokers, in small quantities and in no case is elite equipment sold.
The same goes for elite armor and potions.

For all this I would like to propose to create a small statistical institute, which allows me to control, manage and supervise the sales of different products by the citizens of myrland in order to carry out statistics and monthly studies of the market evolution.

I would also like to hear what everyone thinks about this topic, which on the other hand seems very interesting to me.

If anyone has an interest in collaborating with me, informing me of the sale of their products and their transactions can write to me privately and I will try to create monthly statistics to offer to the community.

I consider the gold transfer system and also the "gold-oghmium" pattern very useful for measuring market developments.

what you mean about?

Gosh, I guess anyone who cares a lot about gold is really concerned about the absolute values of gold and ogmium.

As for the rest of us, our metrics are elsewhere.

No, I’m not interested in telling you my business deleaings. No I’m not interested in changing the nature of Sarducca for your economic advantage.

*Straps on suit of molarium plate and rides off into the sunset.*

Thread starter #3
Gosh, I guess anyone who cares a lot about gold is really concerned about the absolute values of gold and ogmium.

As for the rest of us, our metrics are elsewhere.

No, I’m not interested in telling you my business deleaings. No I’m not interested in changing the nature of Sarducca for your economic advantage.

*Straps on suit of molarium plate and rides off into the sunset.*
jajaja. Nah, simply is curiosity. maybe if can see deals can make calculates about our economy movement.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
This is the crux of the problem, in my opinion:
-REDUCE MINING WORK AND WORKERS-
Miners:

Replaced by automation.

Automation:

Replaced by regulation.

Regulation:

Leads to inflation.

Inflation:

Leads to confusion... ("Where have all the miners gone? And why haven't they come back...")???

Profit.

Last edited:
Miners:

Replaced by automation.

Automation:

Replaced by regulation.

Regulation:

Leads to inflation.

Inflation:

Leads to confusion... ("Where have all the miners gone? And why haven't they come back...")???

Profit.
Thanks for your useless comment that contributed nothing to the discussion.

The problem with gold currently is stuff like the aur boss and sator dungeon. They are constantly camped by groups on a timer, the aur boss gives like 400g every hour and a half, sators can be like 750g an hour if you do it right, not including chests. These and other dungeons with accumulating chests are less contested due to less players and the people who have been doing it for years have no trouble doing it with 2 people.

Meanwhile stuff like risars will net you less in materials than if you spent the time mining. There has probably been more lupium and arcronite produced in the last year than grain steel because its currently almost as easy to make high tier materials as it is to make like steel.

In the scheme of things, it’s not so much that the economy is collapsing, but rather shifting. Gold, ogmium, cromium etc all were kings once upon a time, but a new champion has entered the world.

Say hello to the primacy of WOOD! Bow before your stonewood, ironwood and brownwood overlords! All hail king Tree!

The best traders know these things and move with the economy, the best traders shift assets when the shifting is prime.

cant find any1 that dont care about gold as ibarruri i once saw him give 500g cos some1 asked

cant find any1 that dont care about gold as ibarruri i once saw him give 500g cos some1 asked
500g isn't that big deal however no one can Deny Ruben ibarrurri is the Most generous player in the whole server!.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
It's fair to say that his dreams of the power of gold involve the ability to be charitable.

But-- whatever it is-- you have to have it in order to give it away.

Thread starter #10
This is the crux of the problem, in my opinion:
Miners:

Replaced by automation.

Automation:

Replaced by regulation.

Regulation:

Leads to inflation.

Inflation:

Profit.
Jaja very resume but...yes. i supose is rigth. I feel tge sarduca gold masive income too have relation problems but yes.

Thread starter #11
In the scheme of things, it’s not so much that the economy is collapsing, but rather shifting. Gold, ogmium, cromium etc all were kings once upon a time, but a new champion has entered the world.

Say hello to the primacy of WOOD! Bow before your stonewood, ironwood and brownwood overlords! All hail king Tree!

The best traders know these things and move with the economy, the best traders shift assets when the shifting is prime.
Wood? Yes much wood is sell now but i know wood...is wood xd. Not bad bussiness supose.

Thanks for your useless comment that contributed nothing to the discussion.

The problem with gold currently is stuff like the aur boss and sator dungeon. They are constantly camped by groups on a timer, the aur boss gives like 400g every hour and a half, sators can be like 750g an hour if you do it right, not including chests. These and other dungeons with accumulating chests are less contested due to less players and the people who have been doing it for years have no trouble doing it with 2 people.

Meanwhile stuff like risars will net you less in materials than if you spent the time mining. There has probably been more lupium and arcronite produced in the last year than grain steel because its currently almost as easy to make high tier materials as it is to make like steel.
Id say the idea of those spots is fine, high profit bosses on timer should work as a pvp hotspot, but the implementation is where SV always fucks up. They are soo far away from anywhere that they are rarely contested, most groups dont bother roaming there, so a few ppl can pump gold non stop.

Id say the idea of those spots is fine, high profit bosses on timer should work as a pvp hotspot, but the implementation is where SV always fucks up. They are soo far away from anywhere that they are rarely contested, most groups dont bother roaming there, so a few ppl can pump gold non stop.
Not to mention that (as far as i know) you can log out with DKs at the end room, just farming the last boss endlessly. It takes a good chunk of time to clear through the trash rooms to reach the last part, and by the time you're there its already backspawned.
So pretty much back to square one; DKs ruined the game.

Not to mention that (as far as i know) you can log out with DKs at the end room, just farming the last boss endlessly. It takes a good chunk of time to clear through the trash rooms to reach the last part, and by the time you're there its already backspawned.
So pretty much back to square one; DKs ruined the game.
Agree 100%, the main reason ppl can steamroll thru this supposed end game content is the op DKs. I can pretty much solo aur pit with a DK hybrid in under 5-10 mins, ez 400-500g.

Agree 100%, the main reason ppl can steamroll thru this supposed end game content is the op DKs. I can pretty much solo aur pit with a DK hybrid in under 5-10 mins, ez 400-500g.
DKs essentially made any group PvE content not profitable. Why get a group of 5-10 people to do a dungeon run when you can solo it with a super pet and keep all the loot to yourself. People have been asking for DKs to be brought in line for the sake of PvE balance, and PvP. The fact that one player can rip through all the endgame PvE content is ridiculous.
"bUt wE sPenT sO mUcH tImE oN nEcRoManCy"- SV Dev team.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Jaja very resume but...yes. i supose is rigth. I feel tge sarduca gold masive income too have relation problems but yes.
If DKs were taken out of the game or nerfed, the massive gold income from Sarducaa would be 80% fixed from that point forward, true? People who play necromancers would still play necromancers, perhaps.

But when mines --especially as they were when first implemented-- were put in, things changed that will be hard (maybe impossible) to change back: avatars were re-rolled and re-trained, some accounts were unsubbed, and masses of gold were generated AFK and not just in Sarducaa. Getting rid of mines tomorrow would not help as much as it once hurt to put them in.

This difference is the basis of my opinion above.

KBear

The way this game is designed leads to more gold entering the world every day. I'm no economist but lots more gold in the players banks leads to increased inflation. There simply isnt enough in game as a means of encouraging players to spend lots of gold via vendors. This leads to a growth in the overall game player held gold every day. The ned to purchase trinket charges help but isnt enough to negate the increase in player wealth. I dont know the simple solution to this as we dont want any OP items costing 10k that players can buy from a vendor. Maybe a vendor that sells a new fancy spell book for 10k, new house design for 10k, sub for 10k? or other ideas like this. Expensive paintings that can be bought but I dont see these as being too popular. Other ideas are needed.

I also consider many of the Vets have mastered the game. This being a point where they may not know every secret or have full knowlege of all in the game but more than needed to make gold anywhere. Sarducca is a place where players can make lots of gold but the same can be said of Mryland. It comes down to knowledge of what opportunities are available in each. Knowledge is a valuable asset and enables players to generate lots of gold anywhere and not necessarily have a DK. I have a necro who can create DKs however have rarely used it for farming. I'd be lucky to have collected a total of 1000G of gold/mats with it so I'm no where near justifying the investment in my necro but I was ok to do so as it's fun experienting in general and that's why I play.

MO's a great game but we need evolving content to encourage spend in game.

Armor skill books are diamonds today. Anything that only drops on difficult to team kill PVE. Grandmaster whatevers. They were worth less previously.

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
You can change "THE CRAZY IMPACT OF THE GOLD OF SARDUCA IN MYRLAND ECONOMY " into "THE CRAZY IMPACT OF THE GOLD OF HAVEN IN MYRLAND ECONOMY"! Somebody wrote in the help chat some times ago about having more than 1000 gold in Haven. And, yes, its easy and safe to get a large amount of gold in Haven and transport to Tindrem. Just create a subscribed account with a fine skilled fighter together with a little bit of taming and butchery/skinning and then transport the gold with another f2p char to Tindrem. Delete the transporter and start again.