The holiday event.

Thread starter #1
Could it be the end of an era? Moving on they probably no longer have time to build burning buildings and rebuild the ones from the year before.

So there may no longer be a Raffle of Caerus in Mortal as we once new it.

Even with that said, I think the event this year is still pretty good.

They seemed to have address many issues that where in previous events.

For example, there seems to be plenty of locations for different players to participate at.

And the loot table is much less of a drag also since you get at min 2s for the heads. Much better than getting nothing or one cuprum. Though one could say that was kind of the point of the original event. But eliminating the urn does kind of get past that.

Anyway... here is what Krampus has to say this year.

it's that part of the year again time sure flies!

But when I tried to find the urn I got a surprise.

i looked everywhere but the urn could not be found.

then I saw them, the filthy little creatures just running around.

they stole my urn after all i had done

when i tried to catch them they would just run.

for many years I have been helping them out

but no matter what i did, they would just stand there and shout:

fix what we want or we will leave this boat

for years i tried to please them, working through many nights

but whatever i did it just endedn in fights

new roof, new food, kill the bugs on the floor!

give us, give us, just give us MORE

i threw fancy parties to keep their mood up

but by the end of the night someones throat would be cut.

so now i beg you take them all out!

silence their horrible, horrible shout
Sounds a little bit like we are killing ourselves here ;)

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
So there may no longer be a Raffle of Caerus in Mortal as we once new it.
You mean there's been a War on Caerus?

(Sorry, I had to.)

Most new players and half the old ones don't know who Caerus (semi-relevant Wikipedia link about the god of sudden opportunity) is; they just like the loot. Reminds me of something... something irrelevant to why this yearly event might change.

they probably no longer have time to build burning buildings and rebuild the ones from the year before
^^That. And the lag from the bags that accumulated in unreachable crannies, and the FLAMES, omg, the flames. We may not see their like again, at least not in MO1.

'It's a harsh world, dammit! So out the window with "tradition"--'...​
(SOUND EFFECT: CRASH, TINKLE)
...'and by the way, have more loot in more places.'​

SV kept quiet all this time, and found what could be the fitting mouthpiece for them to finally vent their, err... frustrations...?

Thread starter #5
Please just stop lol its not the end of any "era"
Time will tell. But the event of the past actually took a bit of resources to produce even though the event itself was a bit lack luster for the most part.

Currently it seems like Herius has mostly been left running this ship for now. And I dont think he has been granted the resources to do it as it was done in the past.

That said, I think they still brought us a good event using as little as possible. In some ways better than the original event even.

SV kept quiet all this time, and found what could be the fitting mouthpiece for them to finally vent their, err... frustrations...?
Agreed. It paints a pretty vivid picture. Even the emotes the little bastards use. Lol...

it's that part of the year again time sure flies!

But when I tried to find the urn I got a surprise.

i looked everywhere but the urn could not be found.

then I saw them, the filthy little creatures just running around.

they stole my urn after all i had done

when i tried to catch them they would just run.

for many years I have been helping them out

but no matter what i did, they would just stand there and shout:

fix what we want or we will leave this boat

for years i tried to please them, working through many nights

but whatever i did it just endedn in fights

new roof, new food, kill the bugs on the floor!

give us, give us, just give us MORE

i threw fancy parties to keep their mood up

but by the end of the night someones throat would be cut.

so now i beg you take them all out!

silence their horrible, horrible shout
Amazing poem and great way to send a message Star Vault

i dont like this events reminds me of 2009 rpgs events kill get drops i rather find something less generic in events like an hourly event outside towns and boss fights randomly located and a ping on world chat or even not that! something that make the server colide and add content insad of again a solo farm in towns i aint complaining i am very very very happy with mo and forever be greatfull for this amazing game and awsome adventures and ppl i met along the way ty so much for all ur hard work u have done great world of good for many many players! ty sv! ty gms and modators of mo and thank the ppl!

djbthatsme

In my opinion these events are a boring grind and now that the same one has been done for multiple years just re-skinned since the skeletons that worsens it. I miss the events with some excuse to fight mobs that fought back and a GM controlled boss. But lastly it is terrible for the economy and adventuring. Why learn how to get the armor books when these stupid little non aggressive mobs drop them? Why pay fair price to the people who did said adventure when you can get it from non aggressive mobs?

Those raffle bags in fab were the most precarious event in the game, glad it changed.

Which are the places the event takes place?

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Why learn how to get the armor books when these stupid little non aggressive mobs drop them? Why pay fair price to the people who did said adventure when you can get it from non aggressive mobs?
Is there some lesser number of days on which what you are complaining about was possible that would satisfy you? A week? Three days? One?

djbthatsme

Is there some lesser number of days on which what you are complaining about was possible that would satisfy you? A week? Three days? One?
None preferably or like 1 book given out from the huge boss. If you read the whole thing though none because this event is lame and they shouldn't have it so kinda puts your question into a useless spot.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Thank you for answering. Sorry to disturb you (because you do sound disturbed).
None preferably or like 1 book given out from the huge boss. If you read the whole thing though none because this event is lame and they shouldn't have it so kinda puts your question into a useless spot.
More like shortening it would be useless to you. You're probably right and there should be not even one day a year when it's so easy to get so much from so many rude little shits with horns.

I did read your opinion, respected it, and was curious about the details. I apologise and I won't make the mistake of being interested in what you have to say again.

djbthatsme

Thank you for answering. Sorry to disturb you (because you do sound disturbed).More like shortening it would be useless to you. You're probably right and there should be not even one day a year when it's so easy to get so much from so many rude little shits with horns.

I did read your opinion, respected it, and was curious about the details. I apologise and I won't make the mistake of being interested in what you have to say again.
To clarify. I don't want a lame kill non aggressive mobs event in general. So it came off as you not reading and just responding. My bad. I would like events like they used to like when they dropped the first relic. So no, no days cause no event like this. Could even keep the big aggressive mobs up and when gm's are not to busy with tickets drop by and control a boss once in a while. There is lots they could do that's not a reskin of the same event they always do.

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
There are different events.
Some are kill a big boss get some loot, which ends up with one guy or guild getting the rewards.

Krampos event is about everyone having a chance to find good loot.

Just attend in the ones that you like. :)

There are different events.
Some are kill a big boss get some loot, which ends up with one guy or guild getting the rewards.

Krampos event is about everyone having a chance to find good loot.

Just attend in the ones that you like. :)
I got an old key from one of the gnomes and opened the old chest. Now I have a lion shield and Tindremic spear.

Just because I don't see this enough, I want to thank @Herius for this years event. Having lots of fun with it...for the love of God though, more universalium

@Herius I appreciate your response and I guess I get that just haven't seen an event like I was describing in a long time and they used to be like once a week or month if you all were super busy. I know you have been very busy so I get it no worries I guess I thought you were just replacing those type of events for these ones which is why your response is so helpful.

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
Just want to let you guys and girls know that we found the annoying bug that caused gnomes and other Ai to turn invisible, so there will be a server fix for that with tomorrows reboot.

@Herius You guys are the best. I thought for sure it was server overload. Always impress me over and over with how much you guys accomplish with a small team. Your balance patches have been on point. Your fixes are priority driven and quick. Your new content always has me in awe. All the while still able to interact with the community. Thank you for all you do, i'd be bored out of my mind without this game.

I particularly enjoy logging in on free time and bashing little heads in for a chance at getting something good. My one and only suggestion would be to make a vendor that only accepts gnome heads as payment and has a loot table of it's own much like the bandit head vendor and that way gnome heads serve as a consolation prize and can be saved up to redeem for something nice if luck doesn't happen to favor the player. I saved all my heads thinking that maybe Krampus would accept them but to no avail.