The skills which would make mortal INCREDIBLY BETTER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

DRAG0N

Trial Member
They are 3 and they are really easy to add to the game.
The first is the easiest to program and the most incredibly not there yet: INFRAVISION... Which would make the wizard see better at night.
The second one is a little harder to program but would create a whole lot of new playability: POSSES NPC(it could have different kinds like pet animal humanoid insect, lizard...)(and/or shape-shift)
And the third one is camouflage spell which would not be invisibility but a spell or ability which makes you blend with the surroundings... more powerful the slowly you move and more and more powerful the longer you stay still...

These abilities would make this game so much richer in intel over enemies... would create new effective classes... would make diversification would balance the game by making you viable in pvp without having to wear the heavy armor as the only choice... would make magic FEEL like magic... Also by giving the possessor access to the abilities of the possessed npcs... it will create a whole new group of abilities without having to actually creating them since they are already there...

I know the people behind mortal have the vision to see what I say... I hope someone here let the person with the vision know of this.

Teknique

They need to be reverting magic not adding it

Teknique

Why?

Mages are finally in a spot where they dont suck and are semi powerful.
Oh Yeonan, my dear dear friend. Are you truly so ignorant of the damage the magic schools have caused? Spiritism caused TC battles to be fought on mars. Necro added silly pets that are strong and grindy rather than reasonable. Elementalism made siegeing even more aids.

Valhalo

Trial Member
Nice to see you, still pushing for that camouflage after all these years, admirable.

I would rather that SV add the ability to craft ghillie suits out of shrubs and use one’s own actual skills at sneakiness to stay undetected, and the ability to dye the suits as needed.

As for ‘night vision’, make it so that if you stay in low-light or dark surroundings for a minute or two your sight becomes a little better at seeing things than someone who had just stepped into the dark area.

Nave is a brutal and harsh world, after all, and part of that is due to its razor-sharp hardcore edge.

The way the game draws a generic paperdoll first probably makes it impossible to have any kind of armor or spells that hide you.

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
Something like night vision is planned because there are spells in not yet implemented magic schools which sound like night vision. But I think there are larger problems in the game than the missing magic schools. Playing a mage since release I liked spiritism very much for some time, then started a little bit with necromancy and did not even start to transport the old looted scrolls to a place where I could scribe them with the small number of already looted seal keys.

Better fix the major problems first. All the magic schools beside ecumenical spells are for very advanced players only (because of the amount of time and gold needed to get the spells) and nothing for beginners.

Something like night vision is planned because there are spells in not yet implemented magic schools which sound like night vision. But I think there are larger problems in the game than the missing magic schools. Playing a mage since release I liked spiritism very much for some time, then started a little bit with necromancy and did not even start to transport the old looted scrolls to a place where I could scribe them with the small number of already looted seal keys.

Better fix the major problems first. All the magic schools beside ecumenical spells are for very advanced players only (because of the amount of time and gold needed to get the spells) and nothing for beginners.
err I already got night vision :D

Ya no more magic vote for me. New magic is too good, no risk v reward really. A mage can roll 4g gear with a spirit box and be a huge factor, healing for max heals and ignoring player armor for high damage, with low risk low cost spells.

Thread starter #13

DRAG0N

Trial Member
Nice to see you, still pushing for that camouflage after all these years, admirable.
To bad you did not see me asking for area damage spells , wall spells, blind spells fear spells golem spells or a spell wich functions like a short distance arrow with some otherother pro and the drawback of expensive or hard to get ingredient(which i know by now is the reason mages have A place other than weak pigmeous runaway healer) because THAT WAS ALL ME, BODY!

Thread starter #14

DRAG0N

Trial Member
Why?

Mages are finally in a spot where they dont suck and are semi powerful.
Yeah, there are always the poor guy whom never understood how mechanics affected the game... Like that other guy describing how mages have fun now actually having a roll, like if it is bad or unbalanced when they are neither.... These spells are about ambush strategy intell thiefs versatility utility , and the poor guys are afraid and don't think stright, without mages there are all medieval arena games 1000 better for melle only fights... Mortal needs these like any other colum of an mmorpg, this is magic and rouges!!!

Thread starter #15

DRAG0N

Trial Member
Oh Yeonan, my dear dear friend. Are you truly so ignorant of the damage the magic schools have caused? Spiritism caused TC battles to be fought on mars. Necro added silly pets that are strong and grindy rather than reasonable. Elementalism made siegeing even more aids.
And why you think this is bad, it all seams correct to me, you also forgot that a necro with the actual spell made to be cast while being attack and a strong pet is now a desent battle mage... We have not such thing before... A spiritist with portal and that same spell can also be good... Now we need rouges and elemental wizards casting from the top of a hill and then camouflage or wizards doing recon using a fast pet or dominated creature... A bird maybe? Or at night to be able to watch with night vision and maybe use some other spell to watch at longer distance....

Without this all what this game has is random encounters!!! Why you people are so blind to this

Bicorps

Trial Member
And why you think this is bad, it all seams correct to me, you also forgot that a necro with the actual spell made to be cast while being attack and a strong pet is now a desent battle mage... We have not such thing before... A spiritist with portal and that same spell can also be good... Now we need rouges and elemental wizards casting from the top of a hill and then camouflage or wizards doing recon using a fast pet or dominated creature... A bird maybe? Or at night to be able to watch with night vision and maybe use some other spell to watch at longer distance....

Without this all what this game has is random encounters!!! Why you people are so blind to this
It never gonna happen. Starvault have split there team in 3 , They working on 3 Different game and they said on facebook that is the end of mortal. They not gonna release big thing anymore.... Probably just balance patch from herius ( that is horrible ) .... Release the newb island and stop here and check if people comeback or new player join the game after Mortal Royale.

Why we think it is bad? Like other say Magic is OP as fuck now. Also the magicbook dont even drop.When you die as a mage you lost what .... 20g max ? Polesword get nerf so mage cant get sticky back anymore specially if they have lictor armor. and with a bow u hit a mage for what ... 10 on lictor armor ? The game is just fukt right now with all The magery and pet that make the game not fun at all and unbalanced.

Well that my opinion . And when they release new thing in the game it take around 6month to nerf it.

Teknique

we need demon hunters that just 1 shot magic users

Just balancing a few more things and this game will be much more enjoyable . For instance lictor armor , it could receive a slight nerf on pierce seeing as we have just effectively removed our only sticky option (when the mage is good at breaking even a great blade sticky , arrows / more magic is the only way).

Not really sure what else to balance besides making sieging more enjoyable due to not playing much lately, but I’m sure there’s a good bit out there that needs balancing , and hopefully before noobie island comes out .

It never gonna happen. Starvault have split there team in 3 , They working on 3 Different game and they said on facebook that is the end of mortal. They not gonna release big thing anymore.... Probably just balance patch from herius ( that is horrible ) .... Release the newb island and stop here and check if people comeback or new player join the game after Mortal Royale.
End of Mortal updates? I have not heard anything like that. Where exactly did you see this on Facebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.