then in your opinion what's ruining this game!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Honestly, the formulation of this topic reminds me of this good ol' question:
"So when did you stop beating your wife?"
I.e., guilt is presumed.

Is it even established that the game is being "ruined" to begin with?
"Sarducaa: What Went Wrong?" is another recent example.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
"So when did you stop beating your wife?"
To be honest I find your post rather offensive, wife beating is a serious issue, a criminal act, thinking a game is ruined because of <insert asked for reason> is just a point of view.
Nothing offensive about mentioning 'when did you stop beating your wife?' as an example of a loaded question.

It's the 'trope namer' for what JonasH is talking about.
Still doesnt get those crying children off the help chat,
The HELP CHAT? In terms of this game, a place to put crying children is what the Help Chat is FOR.

If you don't like the cries of children, quit hanging around the playground.

'#CreepyStalker'
#JustKidding

Let me just say this as a general statement and not specific towards some individuals complaining about people whining in this and other forum threads...

The title is " then in your opinion what's ruining this game!!!"

This means people are encouraged to state what in their opinion is negatively impacting their enjoyment in Mortal Online the game, not Mortal Online Forums.

And no, saying people whining on the forums is not going to reduce your enjoyment of the game. If this is the case, get off the forums.

Seek your attention elsewhere, you know who you are.

Thread starter #65
Let me just say this as a general statement and not specific towards some individuals complaining about people whining in this and other forum threads...

The title is " then in your opinion what's ruining this game!!!"

This means people are encouraged to state what in their opinion is negatively impacting their enjoyment in Mortal Online the game, not Mortal Online Forums.

And no, saying people whining on the forums is not going to reduce your enjoyment of the game. If this is the case, get off the forums.

Seek your attention elsewhere, you know who you are.

thank u for this post for real

Also the fact that the guys like myself who started the game back in 2010 could buy every book at a library for 10s. Good luck noobies trying to get OG book and CR book. IMO they should wipe the server so everyone starts on the same page and clear up a lot of that TC clutter, when they release on steam. Imagine everyone going back to the stone ages and having to go out as groups again to compete for keeps and house spots.

Also the fact that the guys like myself who started the game back in 2010 could buy every book at a library for 10s. Good luck noobies trying to get OG book and CR book. IMO they should wipe the server so everyone starts on the same page and clear up a lot of that TC clutter, when they release on steam. Imagine everyone going back to the stone ages and having to go out as groups again to compete for keeps and house spots.
Totally agree. I would like a server wipe.

Noobs have already bought said books at full price. A wipe removes the EARNED progress of newer players already in game. Don't see me or others asking for a hand out.

Noobs have already bought said books at full price. A wipe removes the EARNED progress of newer players already in game. Don't see me or others asking for a hand out.
Not if they set it back at 10s like they did for us.... The game should be fun, not a choir. Not a grind for books that were sold to players way back when for nothing.

Not if they set it back at 10s like they did for us.... The game should be fun, not a choir. Not a grind for books that were sold to players way back when for nothing.
It's done and over. Time to move on, as most others have and will.

A few things ruined the game imo.

1. allowed for pvp hotspots. Butchery took that away too.

5. Safe zones. I believe there should be at least one (Tindrem) but I don't feel the other's should be at all.

8. TC- Although I haven't been active during the (RE) release of TC (First one failed) patch. But I did log in and host a event and noticed that it was a mess.

9. It's such a choir to grind up to siege people that nobody wants to do it. It should be WAY easier to destroy bases and WAY easier to build them. This would add more sieges and more fights.

I think this is all solved by low and mid level raiding with plunder, rather than making sieging easier. Village treasuries (spoils of TC) should be fought over, not on a database, small villages giving small yields, large villages more.

This game is far from ruined, but the Siege or Leave option for aggressive playstyles is definitely killing activity. TC is currently about control of regions and nothing more; makes for a stale game on the day to day. There is no reason not to follow the same logic that led them to Full-Loot and apply that to TC.

Malgoth

A few things ruined the game imo.

1. Butchery. Back in 2010 when I started playing, I made a warrior because I wanted to be a warrior, nothing else. My warrior char back then could tame horses, be a mounted archer AND competitive ground fighter. When you killed Mobs, they dropped the basic mats. So I could farm solo and be independent. This also allowed for players to dedicate their time to playing as crafters and businessmen if they wanted. I remember I'd go farm for the raw mats with my warrior and bring it back to crafters and they'ed tax me and make my gear. But now, if you wish to make a warrior, you need to have a butcher (2nd character made) in order for that butcher to really make money, you need horses (3rd character). The game is so small in population but is made depending on the idea that there are thousands of players and you can find butchers and tamers easily.. But realistically, who the hell would come to this game to ONLY make a butcher and that's it?? It's a stupid idea and because of this, newbies can't really make money and are forced to join guilds to really progress. I don't know about you but I don't like joining random clan's as soon as I join a game. What if they want to start their own? How can they when they need 2-3 accounts just to make a simple warrior character like I was able to do back in 2010.. Also back then you had groups of players out farming together and this allowed for pvp hotspots. Butchery took that away too.

2. Weird mounts.. Mounted combat has always been weird in this game but strategically for many year's when you only had horses. If you were a ground infantry group, you'ed move into the mountains to avoid Calvary. Not sure which Genius in SV thought it would be a good idea to add retarded mount lizards that can run up the mountain better then humans can climb it.

3. Lack of content.. Game released saying there would be boss mobs on the server (Dragon) that if they died, they'ed never return. Excluding random unorganized GM events. This has yet to be seen.

4. The combat went from being fast pace and twitch oriented base to something really disappointing. They talk about they want realism (yet they have magic and lizard horses). But I don't know about you but I think I can run around someone and swing my sword more then 2-3x before running out of breath and needing 7 seconds to regain it. Back in the earlier days, you could run rings around people and kill 2-3 before losing stamina.

5. Safe zones. I believe there should be at least one (Tindrem) but I don't feel the other's should be at all.

6. No magic resistance... You can farm for a while to get a very expensive set of armor, just to have 2-3 naked mages TL you and lose it.. Armor should have magic resistance.

7. Durability loss. I understand a weapon will break at some point. But the last time I played, you couldn't duel more then twice before your weapon was at 60 dura and useless.. if I'm not mistaken, I doubt they've yet to had any way to repair you damn weapon and armor, come on SV. If you can't add repair tools then damnit, don't make weapons trash until they're broken at 0 dura, not 50%.

8. TC- Although I haven't been active during the (RE) release of TC (First one failed) patch. But I did log in and host a event and noticed that it was a mess.

9. It's such a choir to grind up to siege people that nobody wants to do it. It should be WAY easier to destroy bases and WAY easier to build them. This would add more sieges and more fights.

10. I could go on and on and on but I'll end it with this. The game's been out well over 5 year's and it's getting to the point now that it would be wise for SV to start looking into a re release for MO but under a different name, after the above has been addressed or maybe look into MO 2, with a different Engine.. This game has lived it's life and to think it still has potential and is getting better is only delusional hope. The game was fun for the first 3 year's. Now it's not MO anymore and it's not worth touching
This man speaks the true true.

1, Could be fixed my allowing skinning to get all the same materials as butchery but at a lower yield and require no primary points. If everyone deleted their butcher after a change like this then who wanted to be a butcher in the first place?

This would allow people that still wanted to be a butcher as a profession to continue to do so, while also allowing all players to be out in the world hunting like we had pre butchery. It's a win win imo.

2, is kinda fixed now so F it =)

3, I agree 100%

4, omfg 4... Give all players more stam ffs or reduce stam used. I like how you need to watch your stam it's just that you stam out at a retardedly fast rate.

5, I don't really mind tbh.

6, should have been added ages ago until magery is a actual projectile. If you had to aim and land spells I wouldn't mind so much. Could even add a little splash like DF. Hope mage patch is good =)

7, Weapons should lose dur at half the speed at least, and we should also have a repair option and a salvage option.

8, fuk...

9, agree

10, a proper MO on unreal 4 would be legendary, but sadly I don't think it should be SV doing it =(

another minor thing that, imho, should be discussed is: how horrible is from an aesthetic, point of view, to see all these walls popping up everywhere? they ruining the landscape.

For me... Prediction, Guard System, lack of population, TC and bugs!

Actually... most of it is probably Prediction and TC... walls everywhere... mines everywhere... I would enjoy it if only Keep territory was allowed to have mines, and TC walls were not buildable by everyone. I think all TC structures (that are not in a keep) should be Wall-less to increase PvP/PvE hotspots.

Now all the carebears hide in their walls farming all day, come out in steel, get owned... crawl back to walls and hide behind them.

The carebears may say "This isn't a PVP only game... so why?" to that I say... it's because of your bullshit "this isn't a pvp game" most of our good old raiders, psychos, banditos and drunkard ruskies have gone missing... the population is much lower than it was (even 2 years ago... 6-7 years ago it community wasn't big, but was still good enough to roam every day and provide fun raids and events for everybody).

Hodo

4, omfg 4... Give all players more stam ffs or reduce stam used. I like how you need to watch your stam it's just that you stam out at a retardedly fast rate.

6, should have been added ages ago until magery is a actual projectile. If you had to aim and land spells I wouldn't mind so much. Could even add a little splash like DF. Hope mage patch is good =)

7, Weapons should lose dur at half the speed at least, and we should also have a repair option and a salvage option.

9, agree
4- I agree, I fight with medieval weapons, not foam boffers like the LARPers, and I can swing my 6ft 6" polearm pretty much 10 times as much as they do ingame now. I miss the old stamina system but I also think if you get hit by a blunt weapon it should also do stamina drain, after all you are getting hit by something that could knock the wind out of you.

6- GOD YES FIX MAGIC, I would love to see a more in depth skill based magic system.

7- Repair option that would be based on a the secondary skill of the weapon crafting, this way any weapon crafter can repair the weapon, but someone not trained in it would cause more dura damage then they would.

In example.
Crafter has 100 in weapons crafting, and 100 in weapon repair, they would lose at most 1 off of durability if they repaired it.
Fighter has 0 in crafting and 0 in repair, if they tried to repair it they would lose 25% of the original durability.

In both cases it would be back to 100% and full damage but it would behoove them to hire a crafter to fix it.

The thing is most of the people complaining alot now are players that have played for 4-5 years.
We where pretty satisfied and mostly asked for bug fixes and small changes years back.

Then came gameplay change after gameplay change that moved away from how the game was and what was said to us that this game was about.

If they made this game 80% more into say wow now would you still be happy and satisfied ? Would you be silent on the forums just watching the developers making your favorite game into something you dont like or enjoy ? Changing the game from what they promised you it was into the opposite ?

Tell me would you still be satisfied and silent watching them do it ?

Damn big daddy badman just came in and schooled a newb

LGM Discord

Lead GameMaster
Staff member
I am closing this post I would prefer you send you suggestions in the suggestion forum with constructive feedback. I over viewed most of these and none of them talk about solution just complaints that does not help at all we are aware of most of our issues and if there was a magic button to fix all the issues I would press it, but alas that is not the case I will not make a excuse for my dev colleagues, its terribly upsetting to be told you are doing a terrible job when your doing the best you can. I our only goal is to build a hard core mmo that can bring you enjoyment we have no other agenda then that.

JonasH

Trial Member
Just to clarify:
I did not mean to offend anyone, or to compare anyone to actual wife beaters.

The phrase "have you stopped beating your wife" is a classic and common example of a "loaded question" (it even shows up right at the start of this wikipedia article on the subject), i.e. a question that is not possible to answer in a straight way without admitting guilt, since the question itself presumes guilt.

The comparison is relevant to this topic ONLY in the sense that the question "what is ruining this game" is also a loaded question that starts off with the assumption that the game is being ruined.

That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.