Thiefs,Griefers Reporting system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
Just got stolen from today in the bank by the Tindremic guards. My log showed i was stolen from and who stole from me but i couldn't do anything about it. even if i had cried guards this wouldn't of help because bu the time i caught the thief she could have emptied items in bank 10 times.

I yelled in chat that she was a thief and got yells back that everyone knows there just not much u can do about it cause her skill is high enough to do it right inside bank and she does not turn grey.

So i'm thinking maybe there should be a reporting system for not only thief's but also murderers and griefers and people who continue to get caught yet stay blue.

I'm thinking something on the lines of points towards a total like every time a person catches someone stealing from them and reports it counts as 5 points. Every time more than three report a griefer it counts as 5 points. If in a 24 hour period u rack up to like 15-20 points you go red for a period and if you continue to stay red from multiple instances of the same crime you stay a criminal. Guards could also add +2 points every time they kill a criminal or see one steal.

What do you think i know Griefers are still a problem and the system is working in their favor?

-I think thief's you have to catch them to report (or caught by guards)
-For griefers i think it needs to have multiple reports to be validated.

James, you will need to learn how to watch out for us thieves. Watch your back and your inventory. Do not let expensive gear sit inside your inventory too long. As far as going red for stealing that would not help because it would end the life of most thieves who need crowded cities for their trade. However, the thief who stole from you would have been "hidden criminal" that means they were grey but just that it was hidden. When they are HC you can turn them grey by pushing or attacking. Don't worry, over time as you become more experienced you will learn tricks to avoid losing your most precious items.

eldrath

But be aware that you have to target a thief when he snoops you, otherwise he won´t turn hidden criminal. Cannot count how many times I saw the animation and could not do shit about it.

But be aware that you have to target a thief when he snoops you, otherwise he won´t turn hidden criminal. Cannot count how many times I saw the animation and could not do shit about it.
It's just poor mechanics, game has so much to offer but it's still filled with so badly implemented stuff =/

Bernajo

Exalted Member
You push em they go grey.

Horrible idea. I can count the amount of times I've been stolen from on one hand. Pay attention and don't sit around tindrem afk.

Head to Meduli, much nicer town. Yes there is a graveyard and there are plenty of librarians and resources and the town itself usually hosts about 1/10th the people as Tind. I think you'll avoid the thievery of the Tind. bank best if you just leave Tind.

Who was it that got you? Name names. Lists. Hopefully someone will gank the dirty thief.

Bernajo

Exalted Member
Yeah what panic said. Get the hell out of tindrem. Place is a hell hole. It's the Detroit of nave.

Avargol

Push all the sheevra you see near the bank 9 out of 10 times you will get some to turn grey, it use to be if you had a pet on aggressive it would attack hidden criminals, that was a blast to bad they fixed it.

KhajiTtaz

James, you will need to learn how to watch out for us thieves. Watch your back and your inventory. Do not let expensive gear sit inside your inventory too long. As far as going red for stealing that would not help because it would end the life of most thieves who need crowded cities for their trade. However, the thief who stole from you would have been "hidden criminal" that means they were grey but just that it was hidden. When they are HC you can turn them grey by pushing or attacking. Don't worry, over time as you become more experienced you will learn tricks to avoid losing your most precious items.
Long live the ThievesGuild Brother !

Status
Not open for further replies.