TIME TO MAKE GAME FREE ¿MO MORE SUBS? IS TIME LIBERATE MO?

Thread starter #1
TIME TO MAKE FREE GAME. NOT MORE SUB!
These past few days I have met approximately thirty veterans.

Some contacted me to see that I had returned to ask me how the game was. Many were old well-known players who are keen to return, but ore refuse to pay a sub of 12 euros per month.

They all said the same thing:

- If it were free, RETURN

Some even say that they would also return if reduced to the sub.

Maybe it's time for Starvault to rethink the theme, that is, the game is 10 years old. It is a great game but we must be realistic, a monthly sub is more than anything an obstacle to bring back people

The MO2 is on the way.

Is not it time to reward this community and make everyone turn around making the game free?
It would be a last golden age of the MO before starting the new MO2

Maybe reduce the sub?

There are other ways to get money. Look at Star Citizen. They have raised millions.

Why does not starvault do the same and the MO2 is financed with donations?

Many would be interested.

I think it's time to start the Sub revolution. I feel would be a great begin for make great MO2

FREE THE MO !!!

FREE MO !!!

LISEN ME STARVAULT OR GO TO THE SHADOW! XD

Last edited:
Strongly agree, i once heard a gm say that they dont even need the subs now. And i believe since they're working on MO2 especially vets find no reason to pay for a game that will be updated in a few months. make it free and add more donation prizes.

Thread starter #4
crownfounding is way now. They can finance mo2 with it.
Much people here pay a lot of money in this years. I buy a lot of subs, and other guys much more.

We pay enougth money i feel. Time Starvaul make free MO. I feel is best movement for help MO2 development.

All people will return if is free game. And comunity will be big again.

Thread starter #6
12 euros? I pay 14,8 euros including VAT ;(
lol...14 euros for ten years game not complete xd....i love MO but honestly...time for starvault to come to his senses. It's too much.

Yea i kno few people also who dont wana come back beccouse they waiting for MO2, also i think free to play will save MO also. I think if alot of people just storm the game we will have like 2000 population, alot of people will be enjoing the game and they will start donateing money, and they game will just beccome bigger and bigger

I strongly agree too and that is MO salvation now. But i think there are some down sides.

1) one person could create 1bi accs and be anywhere in the world with "full skills". They cant control (limit) number of accs per player, ppl could exploit it alot ...

2) if we have already ppl saying that are waiting to get a gm response for more then 20 min in a 50 player base , just imagine when they get 1.000 players. For That they would need to hire ppl, which cost money. So a totally free game need to be well tought to get sustainned by itself.

Thread starter #9
Yea i kno few people also who dont wana come back beccouse they waiting for MO2, also i think free to play will save MO also. I think if alot of people just storm the game we will have like 2000 population, alot of people will be enjoing the game and they will start donateing money, and they game will just beccome bigger and bigger
agree 100% Henrik must be lisen us. If he have intentión we suport MO2 must be begin free MO.

Thread starter #10
I strongly agree too and that is MO salvation now. But i think there are some down sides.

1) one person could create 1bi accs and be anywhere in the world with "full skills". They cant control (limit) number of accs per player, ppl could exploit it alot ...

2) if we have already ppl saying that are waiting to get a gm response for more then 20 min in a 50 player base , just imagine when they get 1.000 players. For That they would need to hire ppl, which cost money. So a totally free game need to be well tought to get sustainned by itself.
yes maybe one middle solution reduce sub. I feel is moment Starvault make it possible man. They can crownfunding and development work for find financiation. Only see Star Citizen man.

I would rather have that problem then, population of 40 people in a massive online multiplayer game =)

I can't see how reducing their income to zero is a good idea. I'm all for reducing sub cost, tho. I mean SV still has to pay for the servers and whatever other overhead they have, not to mention... eat.

Crowdfunding is a great idea, but the timing has to be right. All we have at the moment is an announcement of working on MO2 and a good history (imo) in a incredibly niche market. I don't care who you are, you're not pulling down millions in crowdfunding dollars with that. Let's wait down the line. Feature Unreal 4 and new depths in crafting and enhanced combat.. or whatever the hell they're planning in their mad Swedish Hideout.

Also, I haven't been following the MO2 threads so excuse me if i'm talking out of my ass here. But hasn't there only been an announcement of them working on MO2? Is there anything close to a timeline? When i first heard it i immediately thought late 2020 we'd see some beta action... maybe. If that were the case, turning MO free at this point would be ridiculous.

New players are the future these days anyway. Yes, they will be few and far between... BUT, if SV hooks em they'll continue to play/pay. Perhaps even more so since the world will be slightly more noob friendly without vets running around. And it will help to bring more people on board for the future (MO2). I believe they're doing the right thing as a company/game to focus efforts on this noob island and easing players into this game. Maybe in the process turning more people onto this type of genre.

Also, with the attraction of new players = the attraction of old. Through population and activity.

All that said. I do think lowing the sub cost is a good plan.

SaneOne

Trial Member
Free would help but not save... This ship is sunk, wait for the next boat ot come in 1-2 years when mo2 launches

Jajajajajaja SV Won't lower Sub or Cancel it not even after a Million Year's :p fact is The 800 USD from the 40 player's who Play the Game is there only Income Source :cool: Now I understand Why we Hear the phrase "we Don't have much Resource for this or that" it isn't Because Sv is Cheap or Lazy it's simply Because they are Poor and in need :confused: they need the Money Ruben leave it with a Good intention .

The announcement of MO2 had to be the worst business decision Henrik ever made. Unless by some miracle of coding it's coming out soon. So many people stopped playing.

Thread starter #17
Free would help but not save... This ship is sunk, wait for the next boat ot come in 1-2 years when mo2 launches
yes maybe. But with some luck much guys return if free. At least is my hope.

See I would disagree if this post was made when the game was at its peak or had suffered a small drop in players

but because the game is in a coma right now, something like this is needed as a type of cardioversion to bring back players and keep them interested in this MO. I always wondered why when the game was suffering from drop of players, SV never offered free 1 month subs or something to get people to sub again and get attached to the content again.... but nothing like this ever happened...

Especially now...since its lifespan has been cut short with the new MO2 to come and replace it. No one really wants to pay for subs for a game that has a small player base and nothing going on to keep them playing. (I think if the devs played the game they'd appreciate this point)....

basically in plain english, why should I sub to play a dead game? theres nothing that motivates someone to sub knowing that this game can no longer grow....basically all hopes are put in the next MO.

yes maybe. But with some luck much guys return if free. At least is my hope.
yeh even if its only a few, it only takes a small group of players to come back to stir up some content in the game to make a bunch've other players return

but for anything to happen now in game to make it worth subbing for and committing time to , it needs many players to come back and change the geopolitical state of map, with their conjoint efforts it can make the game interesting again and worth paying subs for it again.

one very important positive of this idea, is that you can secure a good playerbase before opening MO2 and the turnout becoming just like Mortal Royale... people wont appreciate it if they dont understand the game , so why would they pay subs for a game theyre losing badly in and have not come to learn yet

at least for MO2 you guys can have a playerbase prepared to enter the harsh world of nave

the same thing that happened in MO1 will happen in MO2
newbies will join this huge world with no knowledge of the game whatsoever, and just be overrun by experienced vets who know how to dominate the game in all aspects. Which is why a lot of them just stopped playing the game, especially those who didnt join a guild.

by making this MO free, at least players can start learning the game and become prepared and ready to jump in M02

Last edited:
Thread starter #20
I can't see how reducing their income to zero is a good idea. I'm all for reducing sub cost, tho. I mean SV still has to pay for the servers and whatever other overhead they have, not to mention... eat.

Crowdfunding is a great idea, but the timing has to be right. All we have at the moment is an announcement of working on MO2 and a good history (imo) in a incredibly niche market. I don't care who you are, you're not pulling down millions in crowdfunding dollars with that. Let's wait down the line. Feature Unreal 4 and new depths in crafting and enhanced combat.. or whatever the hell they're planning in their mad Swedish Hideout.

Also, I haven't been following the MO2 threads so excuse me if i'm talking out of my ass here. But hasn't there only been an announcement of them working on MO2? Is there anything close to a timeline? When i first heard it i immediately thought late 2020 we'd see some beta action... maybe. If that were the case, turning MO free at this point would be ridiculous.

New players are the future these days anyway. Yes, they will be few and far between... BUT, if SV hooks em they'll continue to play/pay. Perhaps even more so since the world will be slightly more noob friendly without vets running around. And it will help to bring more people on board for the future (MO2). I believe they're doing the right thing as a company/game to focus efforts on this noob island and easing players into this game. Maybe in the process turning more people onto this type of genre.

Also, with the attraction of new players = the attraction of old. Through population and activity.

All that said. I do think lowing the sub cost is a good plan.
Is time they look for other ways to raise funds. Maybe a special store with decorative items, and additions, maybe raising with campaigns. I do not see viable to pay 14 dollars a month for a game 10 years ago. I think maybe reducing the sub would be an option.
It is too expensive.