TIME TO MAKE GAME FREE ¿MO MORE SUBS? IS TIME LIBERATE MO?

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
1) one person could create 1bi accs and be anywhere in the world with "full skills". They cant control (limit) number of accs per player, ppl could exploit it alot ...
They can but its not wise seeing SVs and MOs history.
If you force your players to register their passport like crypto exchanges do only those with dual citizenship can get more than 1 account, but with alittle checking even they cant create multiple accounts due to same name on both passports.
You do have to have a way to check the validity of the passports though.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
If you force your players to register their passport like crypto exchanges do
I am reminded of a quaint British expression that Raize used to use:

"Fuck that for a game of soldiers."

Multiple accounts are a fact we all have to live with, realistically it's not something that's easy to solve.
Multiple chars to an account is the lesser evil imo.

as far as monetization model, I've never had anything wrong with cosmetics so long as they fit in lore. It's harder to do with MO because visual recognition is important and materials affect the appearance of equipment.
I'm sure there are many other options as well

One way or another, there ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
sure there is!
I can mention tens of examples relating to this

but in short,
many businesses and companies resort to these types of initiatives at certain stages of their business cycle to recover again

in the long run its a good business initiative
its not always the quick buck that wins...sometimes decisions have to revolve around the long term investment

So it wouldn't be accurate to think that they're simply relinquishing their product after 10 years of work and giving it away for free...

Is time they look for other ways to raise funds. Maybe a special store with decorative items, and additions, maybe raising with campaigns. I do not see viable to pay 14 dollars a month for a game 10 years ago. I think maybe reducing the sub would be an option.
It is too expensive.
Other ways to raise funds is great. decorative items and additions are great. ESPECIALLY! with the new housing features. I think the idea and problem is... as many feel.. he game is just too old. You put all the R & D and most importantly time/money into developing these things when (realistically) a handful of players would even have interest.

Now i would not be surprised at ALL to see a small cash shop implemented or at the very least thought about in MO2. They've developed a sense of the playerbase's want for such things with tabards, horse equip, house decorations, capes, etc etc etc.

If they do implement some sort of cash shop in MO i can only imagine it as an experiment for things to come in MO2.

So.. anyway... is it reasonable to ask 14 dollars/mo for a 10 yr old game? probably not. But Final Fantasy 11 is now like 17 years old. Still charges 11.95/mo. I can only imagine it sustains itself. I don't suspect a company like Square Enix would keep it running out of the love in their hearts

Again, i'd love the sub cost to be lowered to $10/mo. But SV, im sure, knows FAR more than me and has done some research into whether that would increase revenue.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
One way or another, there ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
So it wouldn't be accurate to think that they're simply relinquishing their product after 10 years of work and giving it away for free...
Then we agree, aside from you proffering tens of examples of some situation that isn't (by your final statement) this one...?

Splendid.

Thread starter #28
Other ways to raise funds is great. decorative items and additions are great. ESPECIALLY! with the new housing features. I think the idea and problem is... as many feel.. he game is just too old. You put all the R & D and most importantly time/money into developing these things when (realistically) a handful of players would even have interest.

Now i would not be surprised at ALL to see a small cash shop implemented or at the very least thought about in MO2. They've developed a sense of the playerbase's want for such things with tabards, horse equip, house decorations, capes, etc etc etc.

If they do implement some sort of cash shop in MO i can only imagine it as an experiment for things to come in MO2.

So.. anyway... is it reasonable to ask 14 dollars/mo for a 10 yr old game? probably not. But Final Fantasy 11 is now like 17 years old. Still charges 11.95/mo. I can only imagine it sustains itself. I don't suspect a company like Square Enix would keep it running out of the love in their hearts

Again, i'd love the sub cost to be lowered to $10/mo. But SV, im sure, knows FAR more than me and has done some research into whether that would increase revenue.
final fantasy have too old sub system. But possible population is much more big. I dont really.

Thread starter #29
Then we agree, aside from you proffering tens of examples of some situation that isn't (by your final statement) this one...?

Splendid.
They would not give anything away. Starvault has earned a lot of money. All the players in the community have paid many sub. They have basically billing tens of thousands of euros.
I know people who have been here since the beta and have paid the sub of 3 accounts each month. They have raised a lot of money.
They can not give away what has already been paid. Not to mention that physical copies of the game were sold (I bought it ajjaja)

Splendid.
the point is, there's a lot to gain from giving away free lunch...
i'm sure you can think of plenty of examples of this
:)

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
But all ^^that's beside the point I'm about to try to make:

DO YOU WANT JAKKOB TO COME BACK?
BECAUSE THIS IS HOW YOU GET JAKKOB BACK.

Sounds like you guys need some spice back into your lives. Jk I'm not coming back till Mortal 2 like the rest of ya unless MO becomes actually F2P
Won't someone for the love OF THE GODS please consider the implications of this statement before we clamour & Star Vault lets MO go f2p?
Can't we stop & sanely consider, before we waken what should remain asleep, what happens when we remove all that's holding back the Horror?
(which isn't going to happen)
... unless we *make* it happen?

cthulhu_fhtagn_no_more_by_samize_d59urqv-fullview.jpg

...and with strange eons, even Death may die.

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
I'd be in favour of this if it brought in more money for them, somehow-- because I think I may speak for a lot of people still playing when I repeat,

"I'm tired of waiting for game development that can't be funded by the number of subscriptions now active."
--http://archive.fo/RlBbu#selection-2675.13-2675.118​

i remember explaining to you how to only pay 4€ a month sub with russian currency ......
But that is illegal! Je ne suis pas un valeur, mon petit ami!

La vache, la vache. quelle pute cette vache...

Keurk

But that is illegal! Je ne suis pas un valeur, mon petit ami!

La vache, la vache. quelle pute cette vache...
good boy. You meant "voleur" (thief) . Valeur means "valor"
who you think ve been stolen the most between you,and starvault ? XD

Last edited:

MolagAmur

I wouldn't play even if it was free. They've done nothing in years to make the game different or interesting. Its been the same ole shit.

Lets be honest, game is poop. Could be better but it ain't. If at least it was F2P there should be people playing, more than the 20 people playing rn, thats for sure.

More people playing, that means more reroll tokens. And who knows maybe SV will even get a better money injection.

The continous negligence towards developing and balancing finally killed the game, most of the greatest fanbois already quit the game, its hilarious.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Lets be honest, game is poop. Could be better but it ain't. If at least it was F2P there should be people playing, more than the 20 people playing rn, thats for sure.

More people playing, that means more reroll tokens. And who knows maybe SV will even get a better money injection.

The continous negligence towards developing and balancing finally killed the game, most of the greatest fanbois already quit the game, its hilarious.
Not to seem contentious, but there are four choices and two outcomes.

Outcomes first:
  • Game is Poop
  • Game is not Poop

Let's stipulate that some folks will play even if it's Poop, though most won't. Even if it's not Poop, some folks won't, also.
And: Most of the People who've ever tried this game are not still playing it. Some of us seem to easily forget that fact.

Four Choices:
  • People pay, and play.
  • People pay, but don't play. (I am not alone in testifying that for lengths of time, this has happened. We must include in this choice those with lifetime subscriptions who don't play anymore-- I need name no usernames. This is the rarest choice, and we cannot expect many to make it.)
  • People don't pay, but they play anyway.
  • People don't pay, and they don't play, either. (Those "happy few".)
"[C]ontinuous negligence towards developing and balancing" seems to happen no matter what. Not that there is no development, or that balancing efforts (successful or not) don't take place-- but the result is what there is now. Few seem happy with the results.

What will it take to overcome negligence & negligibility?

Purity of heart? Vision? Good intentions? These things however lacking or ineffective have not been entirely absent. They're just not enough, or there's not enough of those things.

Money? (I choose not to take too seriously Star Vault claims or intimations that there is *enough* money. There's what they say in that regard, and there are results. Looking at results, it doesn't seem like spending & the ability to spend have been enough.) It's the money, silly.

So, I've concluded for now that getting people to pay should be the goal, for the sake of survival.
  • People will pay to play (some already do).
    • Sometimes, when people have paid, they'll keep playing even if they'd have quit if the activity was free. This is the sense of investment, stinging them.
    • (People who donate large amounts or buy life subs often seem to quit even though the game's gone on for years without them. Not sure why, but perhaps this fact has bearing on the issues.)
  • People who play without paying sometimes (if rarely) help the community; BUT, they don't help development with cash-- which seems to be what's needed most, perhaps in the form of new hires.
  • People who no longer pay or play have (yes, often) tried to help with good advice; BUT, if good advice from a community alone could make a great game, this game would be in great shape, and yet the consensus seems to be that it's not.

So, no, it shouldn't be free to play for more than two weeks to thirty days-- then the trial should end.

at least for MO2 you guys can have a playerbase prepared to enter the harsh world of nave
MO has far more players, since MO2 does not exist outside of these forums and Henriks smoke and mirrors to investors

You might get a engine upgrade in a few years from UE3.5 to UE4... maybe