TIME TO MAKE GAME FREE ¿MO MORE SUBS? IS TIME LIBERATE MO?

Thread starter #61
You are missing the point, most people won't play if they have to sub to an empty broken game. I hate that false modesty of the community trying to "convince" SV that making the game fully f2p will still bring them some profit when the reality is that they have been draining the community with subs and repaying with shitty patches, now that everyone realized that, the game is not worth paying for.
If SV had some degree of criteria or competent developing the game could be heading to be a classic and not a forgotten ass UE3 broken game.

you have some reason

Lately starvault is not generating any hype to the game, there is nothing new, no motivation.
It is exasperating and frustrating. And although it has been a great game. CLEARLY NOT WORTH 15 EUROS.

IF they at least reduced the sub, maybe it would be a start. But without new content, without modifications of the TC structures, territorial control, changes in the siege system, there is no way for the thing to work.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
there is no way for the thing to work
Not for most people.

Ever thought about making a list of people the game of Mortal Online *is* working for? Just for exercise? :)

you have some reason

Lately starvault is not generating any hype to the game, there is nothing new, no motivation.
It is exasperating and frustrating. And although it has been a great game. CLEARLY NOT WORTH 15 EUROS.

IF they at least reduced the sub, maybe it would be a start. But without new content, without modifications of the TC structures, territorial control, changes in the siege system, there is no way for the thing to work.
A sub cost reduction could have been something good like 3-4 years ago now doesn't mean anything.

Thread starter #64
A sub cost reduction could have been something good like 3-4 years ago now doesn't mean anything.
you not think it maybe change some the game populus?

Si, Albanjo bro, tal vez, yo es que ya esta tan vacio que por pura desesperación busco ideas jajajaja. Voy a volver a jugarlo a full en unos 8-9 dias y ya estoy viendo que estara todo vacio jajajaja

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
A <lot of things> could have been something good like 3-4 years ago (and) now doesn't mean anything.

2015 and 2016 were the tipping point years?

If people spent a fraction of the time they spend complaining in the forum about no players in Mortal Online, in Mortal Online, there’d actually be players in Mortal Online.

A <lot of things> could have been something good like 3-4 years ago (and) now doesn't mean anything.

2015 and 2016 were the tipping point years?
I consider 3-4 years ago was the limit of "no return" path for mortal, ever since the population continued to drop down yet the development remains consistent at the same mediocre level.

you not think it maybe change some the game populus?

Si, Albanjo bro, tal vez, yo es que ya esta tan vacio que por pura desesperación busco ideas jajajaja. Voy a volver a jugarlo a full en unos 8-9 dias y ya estoy viendo que estara todo vacio jajajaja
Ma dog, i don't think this game can be rescued so easily at least not meaningfully.

Amigo! No hay escape, a esto no lo juega ni la abuela de henrik. Nadie quiere pagar por un juego caca, con pesimo desarrollo y 10 personas jugando.

If people spent a fraction of the time they spend complaining in the forum about no players in Mortal Online, in Mortal Online, there’d actually be players in Mortal Online.
If if if if if if...

If... sebastian had coding skills the game could be better...

if... you didn't get evicted from your last keep you might still be hoarding materials like the remaining 10 people...

if... SV made the forums p2w (yes pay to write) maybe henrik would be driving a lamborgini.

If... SV wouldn't lack the experience, imagination and motivation maybe the game would be something else but a pile of placeholder content.

Now look at a mirror and yell 7 times, GINYU! And he might appear behind you to give some free fist weapons advices.

I understand that the not existing recent patches caused a lot of frustration for some players. Maybe SV changed their priorities and is already working on MO2, or they want to make the newb island perfect, or they are all on summer vacation.
Whatsoever, I don't think that all those insults against SV and Sebastian are OK or acceptable.
SV is a small team and for their size they did a incredible job. There are things that could be done differently that might have turned out better. However, at the end I think they always tried to do the best possible things for MO.

Dalacor

People dont play games that are no fun and with broken mechanics not to mention no point in playing.

Last edited:

Keurk

I understand that the not existing recent patches caused a lot of frustration for some players. Maybe SV changed their priorities and is already working on MO2, or they want to make the newb island perfect, or they are all on summer vacation.
Whatsoever, I don't think that all those insults against SV and Sebastian are OK or acceptable.
SV is a small team and for their size they did a incredible job. There are things that could be done differently that might have turned out better. However, at the end I think they always tried to do the best possible things for MO.
i don't really agree with that. I think they tried to make as much money as they could and kinda took us like cow milk on many things. they did an incredible job at creating a game environement lot of us trully enjoyed, but what else did they do ?
They dodged the true topics or sensitives ones most of the time
They sucked balls at marketing ,not because they are a small team, but more because they been lazy, distant, and irresponsible on the product delivered
They been stuborn with the sub system
They disrespected their player base by letting a piece of shit hacker breach the db after it already happened, they did not take the necessaries mesures to protect their community : tldr they shitted on us and on themselves both at same time
I have personally the most memorable gaming time tied to this game, but i shit on henrik ,his decisions, his way he did things, and i would really like to break some of his teeths when i see the way he fucking sucks balls on his stream with his santa cap

Oh, let's leave grandmothers out of this.
Its just a catchphrase, "Not even Henrik's abuela would play MO."* Anyways she would prob get ultra griefed out of the game.

Whenever i need a very cheap lawyer ill call you, to serve the coffe to the real lawyers.

They sucked balls at marketing ,not because they are a small team, but more because they been lazy, distant, and irresponsible on the product delivered
They been stuborn with the sub system
They disrespected their player base by letting a piece of shit hacker breach the db after it already happened, they did not take the necessaries mesures to protect their community : tldr they shitted on us and on themselves both at same time...
This... I'd say yes, they are lazy, distant and specially negligent with their product and the community that has been way too understanding over the years.

They never did marketing because stated "too hard" or "we already advertise it a lot and nobody sees the propaganda" type of thing or... the best card in their hand "we have a small team, can't afford to advertise the game" and also they have stated before that they didn't care if the game had low population when players asked, why wouldn't they advertise the game at least a little bit. Piles of excuses.

Then you have the negligent game design, when they deliver unbalanced broken patches that takes them months if not years to fix.

There was supposed to be a test team with players "coordinated" by herius and it happens that the test team was only ment for a small circle of people to know content and take advantage of it after release.
I know for a fact that the test team never worked because they didn't had any mechanics to test and feedback, there was no guidelines, no real strategy to prevent patchs massive fails that at the end it allways took them more time to repair the brokeness rather than test and release as polished as possible. That is QA in MO in a nutshell. Negligence.

Then, lets not mention how people was allways able to dupe shit in the game, mostly untraceable because gms wouldn't have items ID browsers nor any kind of failsafe.
The game is grindy AF, is competitive AF yet they never took appropiate measures to ensure quality for the players. And i don't think i have to explain what does duped shit makes on a competitive mmorpg. Despite the community demanding security and fairness. Negligence.

And about the players account leak, it wasn't disrespectfull... It was a total violation of the playerbase account and personal information, total disclosure. Again, they where asked to invest into security, to prevent these kind of situations they didn't do enough obviously.
But SV is not the victim here, the playerbase is the victim of SV's negligence.

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
"Not even Henrik's abuela would play MO."* Anyways she would prob get ultra griefed out of the game.
On the contrary; if she were still around, <[guild redacted]> would still be a major factor.
Again, they where asked to invest into security, to prevent these kind of situations they didn't do enough obviously.
It's true: Some specific, simple suggestions to improve the weak spots went unheeded--
and ^^that's based just on what we saw in public.

The loss of trust that resulted was the death of much & much-needed word-of-mouth advertising. It's not just the bad reviews-- people might discount most of those (so many of them were trollish). It's also that many can't bring themselves to recommend a trial of this game to anyone, even with a lot of explanations, warnings, & making of excuses. Ultimately, it's just kind of embarrassing to have ever paid to play Mortal Online.

There are players in MO but the majority of those complaining on the forums don't play and haven't played in years, with most having not played far longer then they actually have played, the forums is about 80% bitter non players that can't stop haunting a forum of a game they no longer play or are crazy cat ladies

Though the pop is a lot lower than I would like it, there are more playing than people think, and most people I know don't play through Steam including myself.

Last edited:

Komodor

Oghmium Supporter
IMO going F2P with new starting island is exactly what they are planning to do

Thread starter #76
There are players in MO but they majority of those complaining on the forums don't play and haven't played in years, with most having not played far longer when they actually have played, the forums is about 80% bitter non players that can't stop haunting a forum of a game they no longer play or are crazy cat ladies

Though the pop is a lot lower than I would like it, there are more playing than people think, and most people I know don't play through Steam including myself.
Yes.
I understand your point. But the post is about free sub. Is true still some guys active. My self begin again in some days. But you must be realistic and admit that number players is absolutly small. Is the truth and you know it.

Thread starter #77

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member

Komodor

Oghmium Supporter
Because avg. online is super low if not the worst in the MO history. If they have ever planned to introduce F2P system, an island is the last chance to do so. At this stage it's nobrainer.

On the other hand SV is known from making poor choices so...

Last edited:
Thread starter #80