Total War: Warhammer

Shazta

Trial Member
Yes the ranged would be an issue, that's for sure. I'm just a 40k fanboy!

Darran

They did previously, Dawn of War one is still holds up as a RTS, play it regularly!

Dawn of War is 40k game not Epic.. The scale is wayyyyyyy too small for it to be Epic.

realnaste

Honored Member
Dawn of war 1 came closest, but it's still a mare skirmish level.

kranick

fuuuu

Darran

Opinions are like assholes, my friend. ;)

Have you ever played Epic? Dawn of war with largest tanks being land raider and baneblade, players controlling maybe 2-3 at max.. in EPIC you have 10's of tanks (+ super tanks) and often multiple titans. My Epic army back in the days had like 30ish tanks and 3 titans.. That's a scale you will NEVER have in Dawn of War, which is a 40k game. It's maybe close to 40k Apocalypse, but even in Apo you usually have much larger armies than in Dawn of war.

realnaste

Honored Member
Have you ever played Epic? Dawn of war with largest tanks being land raider and baneblade, players controlling maybe 2-3 at max.. in EPIC you have 10's of tanks (+ super tanks) and often multiple titans. My Epic army back in the days had like 30ish tanks and 3 titans.. That's a scale you will NEVER have in Dawn of War, which is a 40k game. It's maybe close to 40k Apocalypse, but even in Apo you usually have much larger armies than in Dawn of war.
Imagine a game that can portray the proper scale and impact of a titan in a fun way.

Drothe

Trial Member
I'd prefer 40k honestly.
I agree, but I take what I can get.
It's sad that we don't have a game 40k deserves though.
No offense to table-toppers, but computers have a chance to push it into the scale it should be at. Sadly no one had the balls to do it yet.
I used to love being a nid army trying to run up, being fried at and waiting for the best time to attack now its how many hive tyrants or what ever can fly around which is why they lost my interest

also if games workshop go into in it they will lose so much money which is why they haven't already

realnaste

Honored Member
I used to love being a nid army trying to run up, being fried at and waiting for the best time to attack now its how many hive tyrants or what ever can fly around which is why they lost my interest

also if games workshop go into in it they will lose so much money which is why they haven't already
But you do understand what I mean? Imagine all those genestealers (only nid I actually know, sorry) just clashing like waves when the ones keeping the synapse working are important for the hive min...overlord(i'm so zerg)...

Pluro

Cronite Supporter
Gofundme page to come soon for my purchase of this game.

deathshroud

Exalted Member
final liberation was an epic scale game for the pc

chaos gate was a 40k scale game

Kuthara

Fuck 40k Fuck Epic. Apocalypse is where it's at. Titans ftw!

eldrath

omfg

I wish we could take control of those heroe unit and fight in the battle directly and switch as we wish.
That would be a good mod for warband. I actually think there is one like that.

I remember I played Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat strategy around 20 years ago. Didn't impress me at all. Next Warhammer series I played was Dawn of War, which I like very much. It is one of the bast RTS I played.
I never played any tabletop games and have not a single miniture, but I love Warhammer 40K novels.
I don't like Space Marines novels, but Imperial Guard and Inquisition ones. Fantasy Flight Games RPGs are also good to read.

I hope one day someone will make a decent 40K MMORPG, not centered on Space Marines and combat, like Eternal Crusade, but on broader Imperium with lot of planets, all types of worlds, hive cities, trade vessels, xeno ruins and all other interesting things.