TYR != TyR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
About 10 days ago GER and ODIN joined into the ODIN guild and changed the tag to TYR. At that time I changed my nick in IRC to [TYR-GER]Xunila.

Today PARA recreated the guild and changed to Tyrannus[TyR].

Please don't mix both tags, both guilds are completely different and not allied.

Bernajo

Exalted Member
Good to see that strilan is running Ger/Odin. Good choice Xunila!

Just out of curiousity, how come Sons of Odin changed tag in the first place? Something wrong with the ODIN tag?

About 10 days ago GER and ODIN joined into the ODIN guild and changed the tag to TYR. At that time I changed my nick in IRC to [TYR-GER]Xunila.

Please don't mix both tags, both guilds are completely different and not allied.
Issue is allready adressed to Discord, imo it will be solved very soon!

Just out of curiousity, how come Sons of Odin changed tag in the first place? Something wrong with the ODIN tag?
Nothing wrong with it and i still hold the [ODIN] tag, years ago most of the germans were with
TheSonsofOdin, created [GER] as they got a keep, now we gathered up our Blue again in one guild, while
our Red will be in [EVIL]

Not really.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Good to see that strilan is running Ger/Odin. Good choice Xunila!
Where is the "groan" button?

EDIT: Short of kicking Bernajo in the jimmies, but thanks to all who PMed to suggest that.

Strilan

Exalted Member
To clarify:

I didn't even know that TYR was taken until I tried to make the guild "Tyrannus"' guild tag into [TYR]. Seeing that taken, I thought it was just snagged up by an old guild that pretty much didn't exist anymore.

So I tried TyR, and it worked.

I got asked a million questions in IRC, and checked the DB and lo and behold, GER's guild tag is now TYR.

Had no clue.

But since I already made it, and made the tags, I don't see a reason why to even bother changing it. I'm not trying to troll, I just want that tag for Tyrannus. It makes sense, and if it bothers people / the gm's so much, I'll change it to something else.

Just made sense in re: to the tags.

I left PARA, and this guild doesn't have anything to do with it.

I agree. Please don't confuse the two guilds.

Thread starter #9

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
Thank you to clarify this. The ingame tag system is bad and should check upper and lower case characters, same for character names.

There has been the question before, why GER and ODIN joined and if a low player base was the reason.

When we sold the Morin Khur keep in April the player base of GER was in fact low, but one reason was the keep itself. If a guild owns a central keep like that next to Morin Khur, the guild should live in that area with most characters. But most of our fighters had been in EVIL in played in the western part of Nave, not near our keep. Since we left the MK area, moved to the other keeps of our alliance and made a step away from the big politics, our player base increased very nice.

The reason to join ODIN ingame is the bad keep transfer system. All NPCs in the keep would be lost. So it's easier to join the keep owner's guild and change the guild tag.

Bernajo

Exalted Member
I say keep it if legal.

Rarely see half of these inactives around anyway.

Strilan

Exalted Member
I say keep it if legal.

Rarely see half of these inactives around anyway.

I'm not changing it until I see a GM change it for me. TYR and TyR are two different things, and everyone knows it. I'm not out on a rampage to destroy the other guild's good name, and I really don't care if Silb wants to rage and contact every GM on the planet. There's no need to change it because I did nothing wrong.

Aaaaaaaanyway.

Xunila, good luck with the guild, and your recruitment!

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
A tag of ANUS would be funny as hell, but I guess it would depend on what vibe you were going for.
You used ANUS and vibe in the same sentence. Thus my rating.

Strilan

Exalted Member
Anus.

Lulz.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
I would be careful about how many bodily orifices you represent with text in this particular thread, guys, even if they are meant to represent eye sockets.

Bernajo

Exalted Member
I would be careful about how many bodily orifices you represent with text in this particular thread, guys, even if they are meant to represent eye sockets.
Oh baby, oh baby.

Talk dirty to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.