Underwater Armadillo?

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
It seems for generations that the mystery inside a riddle wrapped in an enigma that is the Crouching Armadillo (like the Hidden Dragon) has driven men and women of Nave to tears, madness, and even poetry:

How doth the little Armadillo
Breathe under the water?
And roll into a ball and leave
His cave like nothing ought'er?
How cheerfully he seems to grin
(Cuddling with a Belbus)
And welcomes little swimmers in--
Questions overwhelm us.

Amelia

And what about the rocking chair? I never understand this also....

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Did he mean this, I wonder?
I remember Seb saying it was a nod to an old movie, was a little bizarre and creepy when I first saw it.
When trying to think of a creepy rocking chair, rocking on its own, from an 'old' movie this comes to mind, though I'm not sure the timing is right-- didn't Mortal Online have the rocking chair in the hut before 2012?-- but the story as a book and then a television film is years older than that:

Rocking Chair in the Attic from The Woman In Black

Dalacor

What about Discords secret underwater house at the bottom of the harbour next to Meduli. Ive seen him hiding in there, more than likely scheming how he would destroy KotO. ;) P.S - He does really have a house down there but its mega deep!

Sarkhan

I'm convinced the rocking chair is a nod to the show Lost. I've never seen Lost, but I hear there is a room with a rocking chair that rocks on its own that shows up pretty often, and the timing seems right too.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
What about Discords secret underwater house at the bottom of the harbour next to Meduli. Ive seen him hiding in there, more than likely scheming how he would destroy KotO. ;) P.S - He does really have a house down there but its mega deep!
"In his house at Meduli, dread @LGM Discord waits chilling"--
discord-relaxes-in-his-house-in-sunken-rlyeh.jpg

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh D'scordhu Medu'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

In the past I think the armadilo's where hints about future content.

When the swimming changes came out, it was suggested that changes was made to allow for some future content in the water. Maybe the armadillo has something to do with that? Though the development of MO2 has probably put a damper on any such thing now.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
An Armadillo, a Rocking Chair, and a spawner Pylon (for the Undead) suddenly appear in a Bar in Haven.

The Bartender looks up and says,

"Uh-oh."

Last edited:
A discovery made by the intrepid explorer and noted adventurer 'ButtLiquor'

Speznat

nearly every year an armadillo post, sv can you just remove it or tlel us what is up with it

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
@Speznat ,

some things, Man... in a world of Nave... was not meant to *know*.
Some things, like the Armadillo, we were meant to reach but not grasp.

It shall not be removed until it is replaced, and when it is replaced, we will know what is 'up' with it-- but not before.

nearly every year an armadillo post, sv can you just remove it or tlel us what is up with it
Go test some materials or find a bug and report it if you want to de-mystify something.