Vote: What Starvault Should Focus Development

What Aspect Should SV Work on in Mortal Online the Most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This, expecialy. Basically all TC is about is placing towers that are impossible to defend in order to take over territory just to get more PP to buy more useless towers. Blacklisting is the only useful tool.

Have spots with different kind of resource production that you can conquer to earn resources. Like a mine with a tunnelsystem that you need to controll for an amount of time to harvest special minerals, or a big fukkn magic tree you controll to get large amount of wood.

DO SOMETHING SV SO I CAN BRING CHUULUN BACK INTO THIS GAME!!!!
I think that we should have a meaningful building that gives off a control radius instead of just a watch tower. For example. If a cluster of houses are owned by a guild then it gives off a control radius. That way you can only own a territory if you live there.

Tehmudjin

I think that we should have a meaningful building that gives off a control radius instead of just a watch tower. For example. If a cluster of houses are owned by a guild then it gives off a control radius. That way you can only own a territory if you live there.
What happened to taxes? Didnt the controlling guild in an area used to get the taxmoney? At least stop forcing us the pay taxes on our own fukkn buildings. TC SUCK!!!
Have the taxes end up in the keeps chest and any houses owned by a guildmember of the controlling guild free of taxes.

Yeah But i fear its a bit TOO hardcore. Some items are ju rediculusly hard to find out what to do with unless you ask on the forums. How many individual players would EVER find out what to do with the thunderegg if nobody spread the info?
I think it adds to the mystery of it all. It would be annoying if this was done with a large amount of items, but having a few rare items with no info on it makes people look for clues and think about what it might do.

Tehmudjin

I think it adds to the mystery of it all. It would be annoying if this was done with a large amount of items, but having a few rare items with no info on it makes people look for clues and think about what it might do.
I dont think so. I mean, where are you gonna start? Run around, exploring the jungle until you find a clue? You´ll get sick of it in 2 min, and it will take at least sevral weeks playing full time to be sure to find something.
I remember when Chuulun was certain there was something hidden in the jungle and went down there for two weeks just exploring. He found nothing.

eldrath

I voted crafting and gathering because it was shown the least love of all mentioned systems. There are a lot of players out there, that would love to have a immersive, interactive and fullfilling economy and professions that don`t rely on pressing bottoms.

Lore would be extremely awesome, especially if it is added to work well with exploration. I had the idea of putting player written books into chest for other players to find, but sadly the chest reset and general buggyness don´t allow to do that. But imagine you chould find lost letters, books, sermons and maps in chests all over the world. Especially outside of tindrem that would be a major incentive to go out again for players like me.

Exploration needs a buff, for old and new players. The things you find while exploring should tie into crafting, instead of being useful from the get go. For example there was talk about reverse engineering fist weapons, sator spears etc.

I believe that bug fixing and constant balance are done either way, but adding the stuff that was promised since beta would maybe bring people back that left because of the lack of anything to do except PvP. Just because most trades are shit compared to fighting doesn`t mean that MO is about PvP. It just means that those trades need more love.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Please note that Henrik has stated that Bug fixing will be the primary concern throughout this whole process.
Noted, along with my own notes on what Henrik's say-so appears to be worth.

I chose "Polish Game (Just Fix all Game Bugs)" not out of a sense of all the things missing from MO but because that is the real challenge and may prove to be undoable; thus, no use even thinking about anything beyond this until vast improvement has been made. This fixing would necessarily include the databases, the forums, the text, et cetera.

I say fix all the bugs and when it's done... open a new continent because it's getting crowded in here...

Bernajo

Exalted Member
I say fix all the bugs and when it's done... open a new continent because it's getting crowded in here...
I don't see the point when there are huge areas of the map currently not being used. Add a city to the jungle, add some small camps or villages in the east. MO isn't crowded by any stretch of the imagination. Just a lot of ppl packed into specific areas.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
I don't see the point when there are huge areas of the map currently not being used. Add a city to the jungle, add some small camps or villages in the east. MO isn't crowded by any stretch of the imagination. Just a lot of ppl packed into specific areas.
Hush until you get back from the Food Vendor with the milk.

Bernajo

Exalted Member
Hush until you get back from the Food Vendor with the milk.
Meet at our hidden love nest at meduli north bushes? I will milk you there. Where there's a will, there's a way!

P.S. don't bring rhodri

All keep spots are taken and you can't find a place to put houses without having unwanted neibours or being in a guild territory. Maybe the jungle is still pretty much unpopulated but it's what it is suppose to be... You can gallop from one keep to another in 5 minutes... we need more space... place to explore without being concern to step on someone's lawn...

eldrath

All keep spots are taken and you can't find a place to put houses without having unwanted neibours or being in a guild territory. Maybe the jungle is still pretty much unpopulated but it's what it is suppose to be... You can gallop from one keep to another in 5 minutes... we need more space... place to explore without being concern to step on someone's lawn...
Yes and those hard-to-reach places need something little special about them. Even if it`s just plant spawn or like a single steintroll. :)

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member

I feel dirty for reading that
He just never stops roleplaying even when the Future Of The Game is at stake.

Also, though a few people may know where Rhodri is these days, like most folks I am not one of them. Apparently, neither is our Bernajo.

But no, he's right, MO's Nave isn't crowded at all compared to other territorial PvP games at some points (SWG, Shadowbane). It's more a matter of distribution and (lack of) free placement.

Tehmudjin

Add some fukkn wood or other resource to give a reason to get down there. All thats down there is sator dungeon (not really drawing crowds) and shore prowlers.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Add some fukkn wood or other resource to give a reason to get down there. All thats down there is sator dungeon (not really drawing crowds) and shore prowlers.
Brownwood used to be more useful, I'm sure, but it still is and still is found in the jungle, so...?

Bernajo

Exalted Member
Yeah, thats exactly what i mean. Make these areas attractive and such. An actual jungle town would be cool too imo.

Tehmudjin

Yeah, thats exactly what i mean. Make these areas attractive and such. An actual jungle town would be cool too imo.
Yeah but a town is basically just some vendors. Why run down to the jungle for the vendors? Need resources. Not that a jungle town wouldnt be cool tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.