What about Mortal?

Thread starter #1

Valhalo

Trial Member
The state of Mortal Online is bad, truly. Logging in to the game towns are barren, markets are empty, the record low Steam Chart numbers which people like to dismiss as inaccurate seem to correlate with a deserted game. The passion for the game has burned out, development news and game updates have become infrequent, no updates on 'Mortal Online 2' whether or not you consider it to be a pipe dream it's starting to seem that it would have been better for them never to have mentioned it.

A new player island isn't going to rescue the game, it's time to free Mortal. Henrik said it himself:
we are not relying on MOs current income
Simply take the risk and scrap the subscription model. Best case scenario word will spread between old players who will return to the game, which paired with an update and steam re-release could result in an at least somewhat decent player base which can then be capitalised upon through other means. When I for one consider downloading a new game, I check the steam charts and upon seeing that a game has a low player base I will avoid it, this loss of players is a downward spiral that can only be escaped through a drastic change.

No reduced prices, no bullshit just make the change. You'll most likely make more from character slot sales alone and if not, oh well, you said yourself you don't require the money so if your that bent on getting a little extra cash on the side, it might be time to consider selling some feet pics.

Lacdanon

I agree, though I fear it will be too late.

Players creating loads of accounts because of no cap would be an issue I could see coming up.

Marcus Aurelius

Silver Supporter
Is that out of context? He said that development of MO2 and the team was already covered. If MO goes totally free, can it sustain itself? Will it expand between now and MO2? This just seems like it'll increased the population of a stale game. Game will still be stale...

Thread starter #4

Valhalo

Trial Member
Is that out of context? He said that development of MO2 and the team was already covered. If MO goes totally free, can it sustain itself? Will it expand between now and MO2? This just seems like it'll increased the population of a stale game. Game will still be stale...
If MO2 is coming at all, it isn't coming any time soon, which is pretty clear by the rate at which SV is working/giving updates. The small amount of subscriptions would not be pulling a whole lot of money, face it, MO is not sustaining itself as it is now, people continue leaving because it's so empty and the playerbase will continue to dwindle until it reaches zero. Going totally f2p and continuing to sell character slots/rerolls and potentially creating a cash shop is the only option.

You quoted Henrik... oh nevermind I can't be bothered with another one of these threads demanding free content for the sake of it.

The game is stale. Making it free and accessible still makes it a stale game. Making it free won't fix that. I'm out.

Edit: You "rated" disagree? So you think the game isn't stale then? Go on open the flood gates and make the game totally free. Shroud of the Avatar did that with their terrible game. Removed the price tag and made the ENTIRE GAME free. Guess what? It's still on the decline. Even it's cash shop full of 'cosmetics' hasn't helped. It's still a terrible managed game and making it free didn't fix it.
one of the main reasons the game is stale is because of the low population. Sure the tc endgame is unbalanced and stuff like mounteds, pets and guards too but this could be overlooked if there was constant pvp to be had.

is shroud of avatar even a sandbox? you cant compare it with MO where the population has a huge impact in the quality of your gaming experience

I have to point out that Shroud of the Avatar was garbage straight out of the gate. They introed pay to win right up front. Other than skills you could start the game with a freaking castle if you just donate enough real money, all with no real PvP.

Everyone expected the next great sandbox, and everyone expected UO2, but what we got was soulless pay to win trash.

That was the last time I ever pre ordered or pre supported a game. If ole Lord Brit will screw you over you really can’t trust anything anymore.