What Does Everyone Like About First-Person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

realnaste

Honored Member
I like seeing my character ok? And it's not JUST that, that's just the only specific example I felt like coming up with.
Well...come up with a better one. ^^
In the mean while fight for a better manikin in the character window.

Not sure if someone said this but I feel I have a great immersion in 1st person. How my hands interact with spells, swords, gathering items and mining it all feels very intense some times.

Well...come up with a better one. ^^
In the mean while fight for a better manikin in the character window.
Is the reason personal preferences not good enough for you? I don't need to come up with a different reason. It's not your business what I hate or like and I'm suprised you actually took the time to quote me in the first place.

realnaste

Honored Member
Is the reason personal preferences not good enough for you? I don't need to come up with a different reason. It's not your business what I hate or like and I'm suprised you actually took the time to quote me in the first place.
I have too much free time on my hands recently.

Malcolm

I personally think you should experience being shot in the face with an arrow or being sliced with a sword to see the blood splatter.

Sorry for a little of necroing here,but I would like to add that this should be option for those who like to play the way they like, basically the game is a big alienation to those not wanting to play in 1st person, In my case I used to play Skyrim in 1st person while fighting but in 3rd as I was exploring,I understand the whole "looking at corners" thing that is always there in all 1st person games but I really think not letting the people play the way they want is a big alienation,a friend and myself decided to give it a try and we got throwed away by the fact we can't even see our character.

I also understand those who want inmersion into the game,but also all need to understand the others who feel inmersive in other ways, as I like to rather feel Im the one controlling an avatar rather than be another self.

Probably a good way to reduce the "look on the corners" would be that if youre inside combat you have to be in 1st person but as in exploring around you can be in 3rd,not really exploitaible if youre inside battle or even with a weapon drawn,giving those who are already in 1st person an advantage over the one who needs to draw a weapon to even start.

Im just stating this so the lots of possible incomming new players would not get alienated by the 1st person being forced into them(when most of them should be used to Elder scrolls type of gameplay I would guess since thats what brought me and my friend here),you have disadvantages by doing so, mainly would be that you throw away anyone who prefers to play in another way,and there is a big fact the game is needing new people by just stating two things,being free to play with optional subscriptions out of a pay to play model and going into greenlight when mostly games likes this should just be on steam instantly instead of asking for a greenlight,wich could mean its running low on busisness and its time to be open for new ideas.(no offense maybe Im just ignorant to know what really is going on, Im just stating this by seeing how other games that didn't succeed in pay to play wen't free)

In resume Im just saying let the player play the way it wants,invite them to play not throw them away into moving to somewhere else like I have seen on topics of people bashing different players,that kind of things just kills the community instead of helping the game to grow,Im still playing it and still trying to get used but my friend already quited due the forced 1st person characteristic but to be honest the experience is slowly dieing for me aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.