WHAT HAVE BEEN THE MOST IMPORTANT PLAYERS IN THE MO'S HISTORY AND WHY?

Thread starter #1
Let each one speak of his opinion about the most legendary players in the history of the MO. State your reasons.
I want to make a list of the most transcendent and important players in the history of Myrland.
Lords of war, bandits, warriors, great houses, mercenaries, clans, etc.
justify your choice.
Each one must cite a maximum of 5 players.
Thank you.
I will use this information to build an alternative role for the MO2, based on our own history.

Golgotha

Many generations of Nave have come and gone. Different names stood out in each time frame. These are a few players who I saw as great influence upon Nave...

• Resin, the cartographer. Such a contributor to Education for the Masses
  • Godkin... for the flavour he brought to the game, and the side of RP that didnt stink of sweaty basement nerds.
  • Favonius Cornelius, fellow sophisticated lord of the Nave. Always a loud voice helping tout some love for the unloved sides of MO.
  • Godly... a name, when seen, meant you were going to die soon. Say goodbye to your stuff.
  • Bizzy... made Meduli and its area the busiest and best spot to be on the map. Made being a full-time merchant (without broker) tolerable with all the death and destruction in the area. Also was the man who made me grow a great disliking of guilds and guild policies that can come with them..
Im sure not many will agree with my assertion of influential individuals, but this is what I saw, and felt.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
@Nidhogg , constantly gnawing at the very roots of the world with his envenomed jaws-- not a good man, but certainly a 'great' one. In no particular order, instructor at the Talar Matar academy; worm-tongued politician (though he wrought his worst wrong-doing when at his suggestion I had been removed from the room); flatterer, schemer, and less brightly-coloured and loudly-buzzing than Bizzy, but just as much of an inducer of nausea. Apparently still a great pal through backdoors with one whose name I don't think I can mention here but who is named author to many of Star Vault's most recent woes.

And perhaps his greatest accomplishment will be the number of players reading this going "Who?" or "But... he was a good guy...". Ah, well: "When the legend becomes fact, print the legend."

Thread starter #7
Many generations of Nave have come and gone. Different names stood out in each time frame. These are a few players who I saw as great influence upon Nave...

• Godkin... for the flavour he brought to the game, and the side of RP that didnt stink of sweaty basement nerds.
  • Favonius Cornelius, fellow sophisticated lord of the Nave. Always a loud voice helping tout some love for the unloved sides of MO.
  • Godly... a name, when seen, meant you were going to die soon. Say goodbye to your stuff.
  • Bizzy... made Meduli and its area the busiest and best spot to be on the map. Made being a full-time merchant (without broker) tolerable with all the death and destruction in the area. Also was the man who made me grow a great disliking of guilds and guild policies that can come with them..
Im sure not many will agree with my assertion of influential individuals, but this is what I saw, and felt.
I remember a Cornelius he make nice historys. I had one or two problems with him jajaja

Thread starter #8
@Nidhogg , constantly gnawing at the very roots of the world with his envenomed jaws-- not a good man, but certainly a 'great' one. In no particular order, instructor at the Talar Matar academy; worm-tongued politician (though he wrought his worst wrong-doing when at his suggestion I had been removed from the room); flatterer, schemer, and less brightly-coloured and loudly-buzzing than Bizzy, but just as much of an inducer of nausea. Apparently still a great pal through backdoors with one whose name I don't think I can mention here but who is named author to many of Star Vault's most recent woes.

And perhaps his greatest accomplishment will be the number of players reading this going "Who?" or "But... he was a good guy...". Ah, well: "When the legend becomes fact, print the legend."
who was? maybe you speak about the guy that hacking game?

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
who was? maybe you speak about the guy that hacking game?
Not sure we're allowed to talk about any guy hacking this game, but NO--

Nidhogg and he might just be instant messenger buddies, for all I know. PMs, sir.

Godly was nothing but a cool name, he was a bad player who used more exploits than skill.

Last edited:

grendel

Diphrael and his merry band of pointyears directed the course of Nave's history for a good long time. He forged an impossible alliance and lead it into the largest siege battle of MO history (as far as I know), he also lost that great battle spectacularly.

Ichorous also controlled Naves history for a long time, he created a merchants empire that succeeded in crushing all competition by any means nescessary, all the while he had everyone believing he was neutral. Quite the accomplishment. He too lost his power in a most spectacular manner.

I dont know who the mastermind behind the RPK! strategy is, but that person deserves a place here too. They rose from a small band of outcasts fighting the ID empire, into their own empire, after they crushed ID, they moved on to conquer the world. They have yet to loose power most spectacularly.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Godly was nothing but a cool name, he was a bad player who used more exploits than skill.
I doubt what you say, but even if it were true then he showed skill at finding at least one exploit <ins> clever use of existing game mechanics </ins> that Star Vault hadn't counted on anyone finding, or foreseen at all, leading them to have to let the community handle it.

He was also one of the few reds who would simply look through your pockets to decide if you were carrying anything he wanted, rather than kill you and then look. That was highly creative behaviour, both then and now.

Godly might be one of my five picks, just haven't decided yet.

I doubt what you say, but even if it were true then he showed skill at finding at least one exploit <ins> clever use of existing game mechanics </ins> that Star Vault hadn't counted on anyone finding, or foreseen at all, leading them to have to let the community handle it.

He was also one of the few reds who would simply look through your pockets to decide if you were carrying anything he wanted, rather than kill you and then look. That was highly creative behaviour, both then and now.

Godly might be one of my five picks, just haven't decided yet.
I'm not sure exactly what category you would be nominating him for, because if we are talking about skill and prowess in battle he doesn't come close to a rating.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Thread starter #18
I'm not sure exactly what category you would be nominating him for, because if we are talking about skill and prowess in battle he doesn't come close to a rating.
Diphrael and his merry band of pointyears directed the course of Nave's history for a good long time. He forged an impossible alliance and lead it into the largest siege battle of MO history (as far as I know), he also lost that great battle spectacularly.

Ichorous also controlled Naves history for a long time, he created a merchants empire that succeeded in crushing all competition by any means nescessary, all the while he had everyone believing he was neutral. Quite the accomplishment. He too lost his power in a most spectacular manner.

I dont know who the mastermind behind the RPK! strategy is, but that person deserves a place here too. They rose from a small band of outcasts fighting the ID empire, into their own empire, after they crushed ID, they moved on to conquer the world. They have yet to loose power most spectacularly.
Diphreal I remember this guy. Was very famous when i was only a saburra miner in meduli.

Please, explain more about this point and justify your opinion, I find it very interesting.
From my experience meeting him like his first days playing and teaching him the ropes with the first group of noobs he recruited in game, playing with Killox, love him or hate him, there was rarely a dull moment.

We talk about the old leaders from release who commanded armies thru charisma or thru some grand strategy or whatever, but they came and then before too long flamed out for various reasons and were gone. They raised one army for the most part, but Killox got to the party later and has raised I don't know 4 armies or so mostly from scratch each time. Not saying that makes him the best, but in my opinion he's one of the most interesting characters who have influenced the game at various times.

And I always enjoy catching up with him every once in awhile and seeing how he's doing.