WHAT HAVE BEEN THE MOST IMPORTANT PLAYERS IN THE MO'S HISTORY AND WHY?

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Stiekel, crazy at micro-managing a small guild and planning ahead, which also made his guild "win" defenses with awfull odds by just sheer resources and poopsocking.
And you know what that makes him?

A winner.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
Aphilas, the leader of the TOP alliance after release. He has been a member of the first test team from all I know.

Silberauge (RIP good old friend) and some other leaders of the Fallen Legion alliance.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
  • Bizzy... made Meduli and its area the busiest and best spot to be on the map. Made being a full-time merchant (without broker) tolerable with all the death and destruction in the area. Also was the man who made me grow a great disliking of guilds and guild policies that can come with them...
I'm sorry, I saw and felt that Bizzy was kind of an idiot--
i.e.,
https://www.starvault.se/mortalforu....12486/?hash=a1a8c8943279210de2392a56cdc3c437

--the kind who will go AFK without logging out in a game like MO. I think he was probably another Duke of Wessex type, who got other people to do 'great things' and took credit. His greatest actual 'work' seems to have been forum trolling, and he didn't always succeed there (despite the low bar).

Attachments

Golgotha

I'm sorry, I saw and felt that Bizzy was kind of an idiot--
i.e.,
https://www.starvault.se/mortalforu....12486/?hash=a1a8c8943279210de2392a56cdc3c437

--the kind who will go AFK without logging out in a game like MO. I think he was probably another Duke of Wessex type, who got other people to do 'great things' and took credit. His greatest actual 'work' seems to have been forum trolling, and he didn't always succeed there (despite the low bar).
True, when really thinking about it... no guild leaders were really that important in my opinion. They came and went. I think for me it is more so the rose coloured glasses remembering some of the busiest times MO had, and one of the loudest voices (in the area I located in game, at least) thus standing out, to me.

Last edited:

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Its hard to pick a name other than the combined efforts of the single best PvP guild in MO history Myrmidon.

Achilles easily the best PvPer back when combat was at its hardest. Also the murderer with the highest murdercount even years after quitting.
Godly has also gone down in history as the very first murderer after release launched viewed live by the developers at SV.
Koli as the mastermind behind the rise of AQ from a no name guild to the powerhouse it became.
Finnley and Ademes for their politics and excellent siege planning.

Classix: (I forget his forum name) most well known for his 'volumizing' of potions, but he and his guild would roam every city and slaughter mercilessly.
Heretix but im not sure which of Heretix or Warchild actually did it.

And about Bizzy, he and Syndic and Bibi where the biggest dupers of early release, Bizzy openly bragged about his "banks full of manganons". Syndic and Bibi lost their positions as GMs and got perma banned from MO because of it. Not sure if Bizzy got banned aswell but his name suddenly was in use by Dotix awhile after Bizzys sudden disappearance.
2012 Calling; Vladimier would like to nominate himself:
https://web.archive.org/web/2019020...e/mortalforums/threads/i-humbly-accept.79770/
He's surely not my choice.
Ah ye Vlad and his Ogh, I still have a Ogh thrusting blade he made me in my bank as collection since SV nerfed it to oblivion.

Then again if we are gonna strike off any player with a shady past or part of a group with shady past then not too many would be listed here sadly.

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
And about Bizzy, he and Syndic and Bibi where the biggest dupers of early release, Bizzy openly bragged about his "banks full of manganons". Syndic and Bibi lost their positions as GMs and got perma banned from MO because of it. Not sure if Bizzy got banned as well but his name suddenly was in use by Dotix awhile after Bizzys sudden disappearance.
I stopped counting the ways in which your post violates various forum standards by the middle of the second sentence of this paragraph, but it's archived. And all true.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
I stopped counting the ways in which your post violates various forum standards by the middle of the second sentence of this paragraph, but it's archived. And all true.
Some things just has to be said. Those 3 combined although brought much ingame actions did stuff that was detrimental to MOs early economy ofc among many others.
If players like that should be listed then the reasons for their ingame politician actions imo should be known not only to vets who didnt know but also newer players that only heard tales about them.

Anyway many players did not receive the hammer for stating the same, for example ALOT in Vlads return thread so I thought eh why not ?
Funny to note there that several shady players where heavily critizicing Vlad for being shady.

You know me, most of the times I just cant help myself.

MolagAmur

Some things just has to be said. Those 3 combined although brought much ingame actions did stuff that was detrimental to MOs early economy ofc among many others.
If players like that should be listed then the reasons for their ingame politician actions imo should be known not only to vets who didnt know but also newer players that only heard tales about them.

Anyway many players did not receive the hammer for stating the same, for example ALOT in Vlads return thread so I thought eh why not ?
Funny to note there that several shady players where heavily critizicing Vlad for being shady.

You know me, most of the times I just cant help myself.
Pretty sure Vlad just used the stuff he was given...not sure if he actually ever did the deed himself. Remember all the blackmage videos of him deleting stacks of Ogh to brag? Blackmage was always sucking up to Vlad...so I'm sure he just threw metals at him in order to be tolerated. Also, Vlad always geared up his guild mates that needed with a steel sword and armor set. At least he shared the wealth lol...be it sketchy or not. No way I could have geared myself enough as a new player back then when there were handfuls of fights everyday.

But yeah. In the end SV are the only ones to blame for that. There are very few people who would turn down the chance to get ahead in the early stages of a game such as MO.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Pretty sure Vlad just used the stuff he was given...not sure if he actually ever did the deed himself. Remember all the blackmage videos of him deleting stacks of Ogh to brag? Blackmage was always sucking up to Vlad...so I'm sure he just threw metals at him in order to be tolerated. Also, Vlad always geared up his guild mates that needed with a steel sword and armor set. At least he shared the wealth lol...be it sketchy or not. No way I could have geared myself enough as a new player back then when there were handfuls of fights everyday.

But yeah. In the end SV are the only ones to blame for that. There are very few people who would turn down the chance to get ahead in the early stages of a game such as MO.
Exactly why I personally have never accused him or defended him because I dont know myself how he got the materials but I know the mothod of how the materials came into being.

I have been here long enough to see/hear many accusations with no proof, especially in my Myrm days because we got accused of cheating on a daily basis while knowing non in my group used cheats while I was there. So most of the accusations is nothing but air.

But I have also seen/heard confirmations from players themselves or from players playing with cheats/dupers. But it was pretty bad back then indeed and I agree most would use any advantage they got that early to get ahead.

But I am very angry and disappointed with GMs allowing players to keep materials got from dupes, which happened literally all the time back then and especially pre release but then again thats testing and not as severe as post release.

MolagAmur

Exactly why I personally have never accused him or defended him because I dont know myself how he got the materials but I know the mothod of how the materials came into being.

I have been here long enough to see/hear many accusations with no proof, especially in my Myrm days because we got accused of cheating on a daily basis while knowing non in my group used cheats while I was there. So most of the accusations is nothing but air.

But I have also seen/heard confirmations from players themselves or from players playing with cheats/dupers. But it was pretty bad back then indeed and I agree most would use any advantage they got that early to get ahead.

But I am very angry and disappointed with GMs allowing players to keep materials got from dupes, which happened literally all the time back then and especially pre release but then again thats testing and not as severe as post release.
Which is why SV should not transfer a single gold coin or item over to Mortal Online 2. They need to wash their hands with that mess and do it right this time. Surely Henrik knows that's the only way?

Maybe he doesn't...

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Which is why SV should not transfer a single gold coin or item over to Mortal Online 2. They need to wash their hands with that mess and do it right this time. Surely Henrik knows that's the only way?

Maybe he doesn't...
Thats why I also like the name and shame they will have for MO2, make it known who has been caught and received the hammer for doing so.

That way players can report when they see the name ingame at a later time for GMs to quickly react to them being back if they manage to sneak by detections or you know hack their way in.

Guess my memory must be failing me, I remembered Mort being the leader, but you and Sarkhan would know more than I
The answer to this is complicated, but it was never meant to be nor probably should it have been. When Guts was founded, it was not meant to have leaders but instead a handful of trusted representatives which handled mercenary contracts and acted as a public face. As time went by, the guild grew and war (the war against IX/KoV, as I recall) eventually necessitated the creation of a council for swift and coordinated decision-making.

Said council consisted of Diphrael, Tukh, myself (and towards the end of said council's life) ManBearPlg/Huntzman. After the wars calmed down and the status quo reutrned, the council was never dissolved. Which inevitably led to some internal disagreements in mid-2015 regarding the free passage of a member's guildless friend and the death of Tukh's horse in the process, itself leading to the council sans myself deciding to have said member kicked.

Sticking with the guild's founding principles as the council itself was acting beyond its intended capacity, I instead held a vote amonst all of the members to determine if said member should be kicked, and the vote ended in them not being kicked. It was this which led to Diph, Tukh, and ManBear leaving the guild. It also led to the proper dissolution of said council, returning us back to the structure the guild was founded upon.

tl;dr nobody was the leader of Guts, then Diph/Tukh/Manbear/myself were, and then nobody was once again.

MolagAmur

Its funny how people always seem to get guild leaders confused in this game. I'm not really sure why...

Ichorous

The Argent Speedster
Its funny how people always seem to get guild leaders confused in this game. I'm not really sure why...
In many cases, guilds don't operate with a single leader, even going so far as to share the account with the GM character. In other cases, the owner of the GM account stops playing the game and allows others to step up and lead the guild to maintain continuity of operations.

MolagAmur

In many cases, guilds don't operate with a single leader, even going so far as to share the account with the GM character. In other cases, the owner of the GM account stops playing the game and allows others to step up and lead the guild to maintain continuity of operations.
Perhaps. That is just usually a road to failure imo.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Perhaps, for many.
That would have to remain an opinion until you or we knew for certain how often it is that something like what @Ichorous describes takes place. It seems commonly possible and possibly common to me.

Ichorous

The Argent Speedster
It seems likely that all roads ultimately lead to failure. Regardless, certain guilds would have failed sooner or never would have existed without fluid leadership.