What made you quit/take a break from mo?

Thread starter #1
This forum is quite inactive now so just thought of making a random post.

What thing/things made you quit mortal/Take a break during the years that you have played?

Be more specific than just ''Not enough people'' (Which is true but yeah..)

(Might already be a post like this but couldnt find one on the new forum.)

Taking a forced break because the account management site is unsecure and I am unable to sub my accounts

Hopefully that hiatus will end soon

MolagAmur

Years of insanely stupid mechanics that were added and forgotten about. Years of overpowered bullshit that completely ruined the game, but allowed some of the worst players in MO's history to be on top and now play this game alone. Just simply Star Vault not giving a fuck, and Herius not having a clue about balancing combat. The addition of NPC's, mines, breeding, Necro pets, alchemy, etc.

The day foot PvP died and Mounteds/Pets became meta and OP is when MO died....prove me wrong.

Crewe

Cuprum Supporter
Mounteds and pets, aka shades/dks.

Edit: TC in general was the major part that destroyed the fun for me ever since 2014, Walls-Gates/Guards. Back then it was fun because u could only build a small radius circle walls around your keep with gate. Nothing else, Houses inside simple butchery tables armor and wep tables, and people actually had to go to towns to use crushers/grinders instead of just using it in there own safety of there keep/house. Give people a major reason to go to towns and make it active. Make MO great again :)

Last edited:

Tehmudjin

OP pets ended my solo PvP career which was The last rly fun activity for me.

I tried to Explore The new crafting professions like tinkering and house decoration but it takes a bilion primaries to gather and extract The mats needed so i couldnt.

To put it short and to the point, SV just seems to not care about basic issues like security. The account management site has been unsecured for over two weeks and there doesn’t appear to be a light at the end of the tunnel.

I want to keep subbing and making videos of the game, but I just can’t bring myself to recommend my viewers to try it out right now, since they’d have to take the risk of creating an account and entering sensitive information over an unencrypted connection.

So, for now, I’m taking a break until they get SSL up and running again on the account management site which every player depends on to either create or make changes to their account.

Darran

PvP sucks due to unbalanced mounteds and pets and there isnt enough people.

Valhalo

Trial Member
The fact that SV can see their player count and posts like this, but still think everything is fine.

Speznat

the risk vs reward problem. the overpowered sarducca npcs were as a melee fighter you have zero chance or it take 10mins were a mounted archer need 20seconds.

pve feels unfair. farming should be easy and not hardcore challenging the challenging part should be the pvp and not getting spotet while farming, but the farming itself is in many cases to bothering so i dont even start famring anymore.

if i need to walk 1 hour to mino dungoen 1hour back and need 30min to make my gear ready. and than getting killed because overpowered mino at entrance fucks you hard and you cant even escape. than lose my shit and. than i come back with buddy and we fucked up and lost many hours of lifetime for what? nothign? not evne fun. make dungeons that are worth it and are possible with 1-2 maybe 3 people than more people do stuff even a 5men group is hard to get to do something because of the nonsense long prepare time you need the insane travle time because there are always a few that dont have riding or whatever. and than losing gear because mob bugs in wall and have op ranged attacks or some other shit. thats not gameplay thats stupid.

seriously in the old times you didnt needed a btucher and it was good, and the yield amount was more, you farm razorbacks a few hours and have enough gear to make 10hours fabernum pvp and die 20times. that was fucking good. now the game feels like unblanced shit. noone stays at spots because why should they because of the shitty butcher carcass mechanic youre fucked. if they would increase field yield and spawn rates than many people would actually do stuff is a other story but its would also fix many gameplay problems, the game feel more unfair than any other game ive ever played. even rust if you build your shit up 20hours and get fucked feels more fair than this. same with tc mechanics thats a other story.

i personally for my part as a long term pve guy im pissed at how pve in mortal works, its just a bunch of unfai crap. like broken demons mechanic were oyu even have with 2 people at melee zero chance to survive and the shitty loot you need atleast 5 people for some dungeons liek sator dungeon, with 5 its hard.

than you burn like actually 6 hours to get everyone and everything ready and on the spot. than 2hours comunication shit until you got your group, than you run in 2 hours and only if you survive and no other group is in you get 500-700g wich is a fucking joke for the whole group, and remember gold is only worth if its in tindrme and youre in the fucking jungle and need back 3hours because of shitty swimming mechanic and shitty transporting routes and shitty tarrain and shitty bugs everywhere.

and even if you got the scroll and stuff than you have the risk of getting the shit form the cave and transport bakc to tindrme and you have to sell it and you have divide it to 5 and you have around 1100g for example for 3 runs and a total time waste of about 45hours you get mostly only if you are lucky around 1500-1800 g wich is totally shit and only if you survive the 3 runs. so SV please note.

IMPORTANT:
the hard thing in this game should be pvp not pve. give people reason to make dungeons and stuff we died like a few times at sator dungeon because of the 2 guards behind walls bullshit,and the shitty placing of the guards and resapwns in the room. noobody from my group wants to do that shit dungeon anymore, because survival rate is technically low and loot is shit. and the whole prepare time is wasted lifetime often.

you should better calculate your risk vs reward shit because you have clearly no clue.

if you improve the whole pve concept and change it than people will do stuff. you must think like the player. why should you waste 5-10hours for complete nonsense. than you never do such a nonsense again like pve melee fighting in sarducca thats the worst experience ever. and why do you limit people in there actions. everybody should do a common sense of stuff. more secondarys are more opportunities to try content and do shit. i dont have char slot for alchemist so i will never experience the alchemist content end of story. same with sarducca im a melee fighter i cant famr on sarducca the stuff i want so i will never experience the sarducca content and i give a fuck about it.

FIX your good damn shit and listne to the people that are here since 9years they know what they are talking about because they played like over 20k hours. they fukcing know the machnaics and balancing and the feeling if a game feels fair or unfair better than the developers.

make voting polls were only paid accounts can vote and ask your community what they want god damn.

Last edited:

Speznat

and one other thing that comes to my mind, you know why many people farm and make pve alone, becuase of the shitty low spawn rates and so less animals that it just dont worth if i go hunting with even 1 buddy its not fucking worth the effort for both. thats fukcing sad.

If i could go hunting with my friends and it would worth for both the same as each one going alone than we would do more together. but its just simply so shitty in mortal that you got punished the more people you have to do stuff, the less you get and thats fukcing sad.

i wanna fuckign go razorback hunting with 2 or more friends and so on.
but its just dont worth its fukcing time waste if one go to sewers the other to razorbacks and the other one go direwolf hunting than we have all togethe raround for example in 1 hour with butchering and all maybe 150g if we all would go razorback huntign we would make like 15.25g so yeah thats shit. thats mostly the reason why many people dont like to do shit it feels ubfair fuck as hell.
you get more or less punished for doing "simple" stuff with your friends and at high end you getting punished with time vs reward is far more worse than hunting with 10 people one urial spawn.

ok thats maybe because im a fucking german that calculate the most efficent time to money stuff. but come on even if youre not german it pisses people off that it feels just not fair, going aroudn with your buddies make fun, but the problem is if you waste 10hours a day and make not much money when you actually need the shit for guild and stuff and you get not enought to pay the shit taxes. why so shit tc taxes anyway but ok that a other question. but the whole picture feels like shit. im really sry but after all this years what fuck me up the most is

that the communication with the community from star vault is really fucked up. write more with us. we are youre fuckign community talk to us and take the shit we all have to say more serious.

Last edited:
I quit, some months along, simply becouse real life not allow me play xd. But now i will continue play!

Thread starter #13
the risk vs reward problem. the overpowered sarducca npcs were as a melee fighter you have zero chance or it take 10mins were a mounted archer need 20seconds.

pve feels unfair. farming should be easy and not hardcore challenging the challenging part should be the pvp and not getting spotet while farming, but the farming itself is in many cases to bothering so i dont even start famring anymore.

if i need to walk 1 hour to mino dungoen 1hour back and need 30min to make my gear ready. and than getting killed because overpowered mino at entrance fucks you hard and you cant even escape. than lose my shit and. than i come back with buddy and we fucked up and lost many hours of lifetime for what? nothign? not evne fun. make dungeons that are worth it and are possible with 1-2 maybe 3 people than more people do stuff even a 5men group is hard to get to do something because of the nonsense long prepare time you need the insane travle time because there are always a few that dont have riding or whatever. and than losing gear because mob bugs in wall and have op ranged attacks or some other shit. thats not gameplay thats stupid.

seriously in the old times you didnt needed a btucher and it was good, and the yield amount was more, you farm razorbacks a few hours and have enough gear to make 10hours fabernum pvp and die 20times. that was fucking good. now the game feels like unblanced shit. noone stays at spots because why should they because of the shitty butcher carcass mechanic youre fucked. if they would increase field yield and spawn rates than many people would actually do stuff is a other story but its would also fix many gameplay problems, the game feel more unfair than any other game ive ever played. even rust if you build your shit up 20hours and get fucked feels more fair than this. same with tc mechanics thats a other story.

i personally for my part as a long term pve guy im pissed at how pve in mortal works, its just a bunch of unfai crap. like broken demons mechanic were oyu even have with 2 people at melee zero chance to survive and the shitty loot you need atleast 5 people for some dungeons liek sator dungeon, with 5 its hard.

than you burn like actually 6 hours to get everyone and everything ready and on the spot. than 2hours comunication shit until you got your group, than you run in 2 hours and only if you survive and no other group is in you get 500-700g wich is a fucking joke for the whole group, and remember gold is only worth if its in tindrme and youre in the fucking jungle and need back 3hours because of shitty swimming mechanic and shitty transporting routes and shitty tarrain and shitty bugs everywhere.

and even if you got the scroll and stuff than you have the risk of getting the shit form the cave and transport bakc to tindrme and you have to sell it and you have divide it to 5 and you have around 1100g for example for 3 runs and a total time waste of about 45hours you get mostly only if you are lucky around 1500-1800 g wich is totally shit and only if you survive the 3 runs. so SV please note.

IMPORTANT:
the hard thing in this game should be pvp not pve. give people reason to make dungeons and stuff we died like a few times at sator dungeon because of the 2 guards behind walls bullshit,and the shitty placing of the guards and resapwns in the room. noobody from my group wants to do that shit dungeon anymore, because survival rate is technically low and loot is shit. and the whole prepare time is wasted lifetime often.

you should better calculate your risk vs reward shit because you have clearly no clue.

if you improve the whole pve concept and change it than people will do stuff. you must think like the player. why should you waste 5-10hours for complete nonsense. than you never do such a nonsense again like pve melee fighting in sarducca thats the worst experience ever. and why do you limit people in there actions. everybody should do a common sense of stuff. more secondarys are more opportunities to try content and do shit. i dont have char slot for alchemist so i will never experience the alchemist content end of story. same with sarducca im a melee fighter i cant famr on sarducca the stuff i want so i will never experience the sarducca content and i give a fuck about it.

FIX your good damn shit and listne to the people that are here since 9years they know what they are talking about because they played like over 20k hours. they fukcing know the machnaics and balancing and the feeling if a game feels fair or unfair better than the developers.

make voting polls were only paid accounts can vote and ask your community what they want god damn.
Yup, Can't agree more, especially with how bad the pve system is.

Thread starter #14
OP pets ended my solo PvP career which was The last rly fun activity for me.

I tried to Explore The new crafting professions like tinkering and house decoration but it takes a bilion primaries to gather and extract The mats needed so i couldnt.
The op pets is also definitely something that made me not want to play.
I also remember going out on solo pvp roams or maybe duo roams and that was fun as hell until DK's and all that came.

I am totally fine with dominating and taming being in the game, also the summoning of other creatures (cant remember the name of it). BUT, the reason it's so stupid is that you can press one button ''Attack'' and then it's like a guard chasing you through walls, floors, roofs etc and it ruins everything. And then if your, let's say Stone Lizzard gets low health you can just instantly click ''Follow'' and it comes to you in seconds.

Yeonan

Trial Member
MO2 announcement.

Not the announcement itself but everything that they did (or didn't) do in the aftermath.

Can't trust a company that doesn't respect it's customers, and going silent for 5 months after that kind of announcement says it all.

I get it if you can't talk, but at least acknowledge it. "We know you guys have a ton of questions and we do want to answer them but due to laws/regulations we can't and don't know when we will be able to".

Without at least that I can only assume they don't respect their players. Unless they can't even say that they can't talk about it, but i highly doubt that considering the MO2 post is still up.

Balance and bugs etc. are all fair criticisms but that's par for the course with any MMO as far as i'm concerned.

and one other thing that comes to my mind, you know why many people farm and make pve alone, becuase of the shitty low spawn rates and so less animals that it just dont worth if i go hunting with even 1 buddy its not fucking worth the effort for both. thats fukcing sad.

If i could go hunting with my friends and it would worth for both the same as each one going alone than we would do more together. but its just simply so shitty in mortal that you got punished the more people you have to do stuff, the less you get and thats fukcing sad.

i wanna fuckign go razorback hunting with 2 or more friends and so on.
but its just dont worth its fukcing time waste if one go to sewers the other to razorbacks and the other one go direwolf hunting than we have all togethe raround for example in 1 hour with butchering and all maybe 150g if we all would go razorback huntign we would make like 15.25g so yeah thats shit. thats mostly the reason why many people dont like to do shit it feels ubfair fuck as hell.
you get more or less punished for doing "simple" stuff with your friends and at high end you getting punished with time vs reward is far more worse than hunting with 10 people one urial spawn.

ok thats maybe because im a fucking german that calculate the most efficent time to money stuff. but come on even if youre not german it pisses people off that it feels just not fair, going aroudn with your buddies make fun, but the problem is if you waste 10hours a day and make not much money when you actually need the shit for guild and stuff and you get not enought to pay the shit taxes. why so shit tc taxes anyway but ok that a other question. but the whole picture feels like shit. im really sry but after all this years what fuck me up the most is

that the communication with the community from star vault is really fucked up. write more with us. we are youre fuckign community talk to us and take the shit we all have to say more serious.

True.
It's the reason why I've always given up on making money in the traditional way as farmeando and embraced the path of ICH.
I think no one better than Ichorus understood that the economy and the reward-effort system made no sense. So I focus ICH as a company basically.
The search for creative gold, based on innovative ideas and intelligent and efficient economic projects, was the way forward.
I embraced that philosophy until today. I do not remember having burned a single day in the last 5 years xd. And I do not think I'll do it again. At least not for gold. I would not gain anything.

Few players could find their system to win gold in the game as I did. In the end a few monopolized the roads to earn gold easily, while many players ended up fed up with farming and doing activities without reward. Which I understand perfectly.
The market was reduced more and more until today.
Actually the PVE is very bad, although it hurts me to say it, because I love this game. It's so unattractive, so frustrating and absurd ...

Sarduca is a strange place. I never understood what they intended to do there. In the end we have a huge solitary desert.

In relation to the issue of reward-effort.
I would like to add that one thing that I have never understood is the territorial control system.
Controlling the territory should be a reward in itself, have some advantage.
It has no advantage, the opposite against more territory controls a poorer guild is.
What is the point of fighting for land, which will not provide you with any wealth?
With dead cities and no reason to be, the idea of taking rates from cities does not seem very tempting.
And Tindrem, the only city that might be interesting to conquer and possess, is closed to the guilds.
In summary.

Why no one was going to fight for the lands?

About securit...if game is hack again...honestly...i hope not.

Teknique

I had quit for a few months recently due to lack of anything to do.

I truly feel mounted hitting for 100s in conjunction with siege mechanics involving fire arrow and guard spam leaves political engagements stale