What made you quit/take a break from mo?

Okay, so I had the luck or unluck idk of checking the forum today, and I will unleash my salt storage here:

> Sieging is horrible, doesn't require skill, just whoever ninja siege each other win, sit on top of a wall spam calling guards and firing arrow mangs down naked to defend, no pvp.

> Pets, 1k hp pets that hits for 40s, goes through walls, clip inside the groud, float in the air after you when you on top of something ( Kran houses, GK buildings for example ) - Necro pets are the most aids thing they added to this game.

> Mounteds, you can swing a weapon that is two handed and hits for 80s, 100s, while riding a horse that outran any player, outstam any player, and has double of HP of any player.

> Foot bows? Broken, people can chase you down with a zerg backing them and bow you down. You should not be able to run and a draw a longbow that hits for 20s, 30s.

> Pve is worthless, repetitive content that nobody wants to do, and most of the resources are useless because other high end materials are so easy to make ( cof cof, tephra being right next to the 2 "end game" refining places )

> TC: Talking about the one above, one guild can completely wall off the entire map if they want because well, sieging sucks, and they can place how many guards they want, how many walls they want, exploit unreachable locations and place towers, very well made TC system.

> Lack of players and new players in the game, even when the game was """" alive """", lots of quotation marks here, you would end fighting the same people in different toons in different places everytime.

> Bugs, so many of them, the amount of times I died in this game stucked, glitched, fell through the ground and died, stucked over someone's head in pvp, losing all the stamina and dying.

There is much more, security breaches, ddos atacks, server down for weeks, laggy for weeks. Because it's sadly the only game of this genre, I really hope they learn from this and make Mortal 2 into something better, but I HIGHLY doubt it will be different.

Administrators banned me permanently accusing me of hacking accounts at the time of the Instakilla hijack. I logged into the account of a friend who asked to access his account and to see if it was stolen. But the admin insists I invade his account. They simply do not respond to my support request. I just had my 5 year old account permanently banned for trying to help a friend at a time when Starvault was unable to solve the problem quickly and a lot of people lost a lot (and others won a lot too).

It was the first time I said this in public here, because I think I already gave up trying to recover my account = /.

I loved this game and would like to continue playing. But there seems to be nothing else I can do.

Tehmudjin

To put it short and to the point, SV just seems to not care about basic issues like security. The account management site has been unsecured for over two weeks and there doesn’t appear to be a light at the end of the tunnel.

I want to keep subbing and making videos of the game, but I just can’t bring myself to recommend my viewers to try it out right now, since they’d have to take the risk of creating an account and entering sensitive information over an unencrypted connection.

So, for now, I’m taking a break until they get SSL up and running again on the account management site which every player depends on to either create or make changes to their account.
MO2 announcement.

Not the announcement itself but everything that they did (or didn't) do in the aftermath.

Can't trust a company that doesn't respect it's customers, and going silent for 5 months after that kind of announcement says it all.

I get it if you can't talk, but at least acknowledge it. "We know you guys have a ton of questions and we do want to answer them but due to laws/regulations we can't and don't know when we will be able to".

Without at least that I can only assume they don't respect their players. Unless they can't even say that they can't talk about it, but i highly doubt that considering the MO2 post is still up.

Balance and bugs etc. are all fair criticisms but that's par for the course with any MMO as far as i'm concerned.
They are in The middleof some stock market trade thingy and are not allowed to share information yet.

Thread starter #25
Hopefully Starvault listen and learn from all these posts that has been made during the years about why people get tired of the game and actually listen to the people who have put thousands of hours in it and make MO2 better.

Bicorps

Trial Member
Hopefully Starvault listen and learn from all these posts that has been made during the years about why people get tired of the game and actually listen to the people who have put thousands of hours in it and make MO2 better.
All have been said. excepted that pet is also OP in water.

Wabbajack

There are several things that made me quit MO:

• Low population. Even tho the game was heading into the wrong direction and content was slow I still found the game very unique but without enough players the whole game falls flat. I don't want to travel the world only to find a few dozen players.
  • World design. After exploring the world I started disliking the general look of it; the flat ground with up to 2 textures, no grass, copy paste trees, simple and boring geometry, few dungeons that offered rise and repeat mechanics etc.
  • PvE. Well this must have been the biggest disappointed (amongst many others). I fell in love with the footage of the minotaurs destroying the players in a matter of seconds, the troll that picked up a player and bashed him into the ground, the water lizards that could switch between swimming and ground combat, the goblin/half orc camps in the screenshots.
  • Unpolished weird movement. Players feel... Laggy. When they jump, move etc it feels very unpolished.
  • Direction of skill and PvP. Pets, weird spells etc really broke certain aspects of PvP.
These are just some of the points I found to be game breaking for me. The game really still feels like a early beta.

Well I bet SV already knows most of these points are true and are working to solve them.

Currently work does not give me much time for playing games.

But the reasons I think I do not log into MO on the Free time I do have is the silence from the SV. I am not really concerned with info about MO2. But we should know more about the Newb island that was said to be released after Christmas 2018. Sure its still technically after Christmas but being nearly 7 months later we should be able to expect to have some details on why it has fallen behind.

Thread starter #30
Currently work does not give me much time for playing games.

But the reasons I think I do not log into MO on the Free time I do have is the silence from the SV. I am not really concerned with info about MO2. But we should know more about the Newb island that was said to be released after Christmas 2018. Sure its still technically after Christmas but being nearly 7 months later we should be able to expect to have some details on why it has fallen behind.
Totally agree.
I remember when Star Vault released what things they were gonna work on during the coming months in MO (I think they released that in May 2018?) And I asked FarmerJoe on steam ''Is the starter island and all the other things supposed to be finnished before 2019? and the answer I got was ''Yes that is the plan''.
Now it's 7 months into 2019 and we still haven't got starter island, not even a weekly update for over a month now.

Speznat

maybe they let us in the dark the next 5 years and than they come around the corner:

hey guys we read your feedback and made mo2 actually great with stunning good visuals and worthy and good gameplay. than 10k people and more roll in and we have a great game.

lets wait the next 5years for a dev update xD

i reall hope they doing something and are not on a mental meltdown

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
... But we should know more about the Newb island that was said to be released after Christmas 2018. Sure its still technically after Christmas but being nearly 7 months later we should be able to expect to have some details on why it has fallen behind.
When the Starter island where announced, it was scheduled for release at new year 2018.
Then it got less priority when we started on the Mortal Royale project, after that, Kittend were about ready to be wrapped up.
So thats why its been pushed back so far, but for the last 5 months, its pretty much the only thing I've been working on, so its on its way!

When the Starter island where announced, it was scheduled for release at new year 2018.
Then it got less priority when we started on the Mortal Royale project, after that, Kittend were about ready to be wrapped up.
So thats why its been pushed back so far, but for the last 5 months, its pretty much the only thing I've been working on, so its on its way!
This is why I quit, right here.

Mortal held a special place in my heart and helped me get through my teen years and grow into a young man. There was no where else I could lose myself like I could here, despite the poor communication and the glaring bugs.

As time went on and nothing got better, I got bitter. How can developers be so incompetent? To routinely go silent? To ignore large issues? To prioritize the opposite of what was needed?

They will get better, something will change, I hoped, and pressed on.

But, alas, it is the same. Weeks, months, silence. The occasional, random, small morsel of conversation or infortmation and then another bath in the shadows. No consistency. No care. No learning. It's pathetic.

I hold so much contempt in me now. It is pure venom. There is no fiscal reason any human being or group of can be so incompetent. I'm not talking about slow development. I am talking about the neglect. The account issues. The lack of info. It all translates directly into disrespect for the player base.

I can even understand not wanting to deal with them as many are toxic and childlike themselves, but that is what you have to deal with as a game development team, and what else? Much of this hate is their own farmed disrespect spilling back. We grow bitter over time of ill treatment.

This person here, Herius, asked me for a chat once (among others) before a certain change, for our input. The things purposed were things we as a community posted about for years and needed. He spoke of them as if they were a new revelation. I boded it and was enthusiastic and encouraging despite every morsel of my being wanting to berate and attack him. That is respect. I gave him that, when he didn't deserve it, because I was so starved for some interaction from the dev's and for the game to improve.

I look back on that and am disgusted with myself. I wish I had of let my mind be free. This company should rot and their employee's should be forced into new lines of work. There is no possible excuse for the sheer intensity of this malpractice. The only reason they have a shred of hope for anything is because the game concept is good. If only they were, a fraction, as good as the idea.

I watch from the shadows still, waiting for something to change. Hoping. Perhaps a new company takes over. Maybe new staff. Perhaps eventually a change of practice and they step up. Regardless, even if I were to return, I will always remember these years of disrespect, I will always be jaded, and I will always be ready for any success to collapse on itself again.

Flakestone weapons,Veelas, Archery maxed, HornScale Splinted, No crazy pets in sight Or any viable mounteds chasing.

Just some hills me and my stam bar along whit some regular old magic.(Also no TC)

Should be fun for a week or two. (Noob Island)

But yeah back to the topic at hand.

There aint enough people to fight.

Last edited:
I am talking about the neglect. The account issues. The lack of info. It all translates directly into disrespect for the player base.
If SV wanted to take the first step to rebuild the trust and good will with the community, I would say this is the perfect place to start.

At least give us a secure account management site, so those of us who want to play can log in and pay for our sub there instead of being forced to do so via Steam. It is getting close to three weeks and SSL is still not up and running.

Think of the new players thinking of trying out the game for the first time, does anyone honestly expect them to create their account over an unencrypted connection, with all their sensitive information plainly visible as it gets sent?

Last edited:

Tehmudjin

Does anyone Remember that moderator guy Who was supposed to bridge the gap between SV and The community but only made like 3 posts without any info at all and then disappeared?

Does SEB and Henrik talk much on discord? Cuz The forum is remarkably quiet.

If SV wanted to take the first step to rebuild the trust and good will with the community, I would say this is the perfect place to start.

At least give us a secure account management site, so those of us who want to play can log in and pay for our sub there instead of being forced to do so via Steam. It is getting close to three weeks and SSL is still not up and running.

Think of the new players thinking of trying out the game for the first time, does anyone honestly expect them to create their account over an unencrypted connection, with all their sensitive information plainly visible as it gets sent?
Does anyone Remember that moderator guy Who was supposed to bridge the gap between SV and The community but only made like 3 posts without any info at all and then disappeared?

Does SEB and Henrik talk much on discord? Cuz The forum is remarkably quiet.
Forget this stuff, remember when after intense amounts of complaint asking for updates Mr Herius finally decided to start some bi-weekly posts, and then even that become too much for him? There is no hope, not really. It would take a miracle, and we know those are far and few and not exactly real.

I wish someone would just buy them out and build the game or "MO2" up properly. These people, these names we know, they are hopeless, and no amount of reflection, complaint, or whatever else, will change that.

Tehmudjin

Forget this stuff, remember when after intense amounts of complaint asking for updates Mr Herius finally decided to start some bi-weekly posts, and then even that become too much for him? There is no hope, not really. It would take a miracle, and we know those are far and few and not exactly real.

I wish someone would just buy them out and build the game or "MO2" up properly. These people, these names we know, they are hopeless, and no amount of reflection, complaint, or whatever else, will change that.
Think of how many game developing companies struggle with catching potential customers attention. The idea that any company remain silent for a month and a half while their customers are spamming their forum asking for information is surreal. Still I cant imagine that the cause is simple neglect.

I must dig deeper on this.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Remember that moderator guy Who was supposed to bridge the gap between SV and The community but only made like 3 posts without any info at all and then disappeared?
Vaguely. He might have been twins? I seriously remember more than one disappointment from those who were supposed to be Community Managers, even the ones who posted more than three times.

(It might be the redheaded step-child of all thankless roles, too-- to be fair. There are implicit limits on how much information SV will allow to be shared, and simply putting someone in place to share info and then telling her to 'say something, but not about [A], [B], or [C]' will not result in customer satisfaction. At that point, the CM is only there to be bitched at.)

MolagAmur

Its honestly fucking stupid that there are some easy ass changes Star Vault could do (basically deleting game mechanics) that would revert the game back to at least being playable. But nah, "they worked hard" and want to keep with the "vision" even if its sent the game into the bottom of a shitpit.

Remove TC completely, but keep free house placement. Go back to keeps with palisade walls. Remove pets from the game 100% until it can be added in a proper way. Remove the breeding system and make wild taming great again. Remove NPC guards completely....worst idea the game has had (honestly I'd rather get ninja sieged, which happens ANYWAY).

Do that...and you'll do the game wonders. After that garbage is removed...you can start working on actual good ideas with actual good execution.